Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-09-2021, 04:32 PM   #1
Dominant_Panda

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
LFX from 2012 Impala

Hello members, unfortunately my LFX spun a rod bearing a while back and I’ve had the car sitting on the back burner with life taking priority as it always does. Upon removal of the oil pan naturally found the crank to be in pretty dismal condition.

The question I need answered is this. Will an LFX from a 2012 Impala work as a suitable replacement assuming I move over my intake/ serpentine system / motor mounts etc. I have found one locally in a totaled car that I can pick up for $500 141,000 miles. I would of course do a minor rebuild on this engine, rings, bearings, gaskets and timing set and have a somewhat fresh setup to put back into my car.

I cannot imagine that there would be anything stopping this from working but figured I’d come to you guys for an answer. According to my research of the major part numbers from GM everything internally appears the same.

Thanks for any help you can give!
Dominant_Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:53 PM   #2
2012SIMRS

Drives: SC 2012 V6
It will work no problem just swap over the things you said. I did the same with mine, but built it more heavily
If you have any questions about the swap feel free to send me a message here

Last edited by 2012SIMRS; 03-09-2021 at 11:48 PM.
2012SIMRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 07:37 PM   #3
Dominant_Panda

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Thanks, I figured there would be no issue given it’s the same engine platform but always better to ask. I was able to pick up the car (given it had been heavily parted out) for a cool $300 with salvage title so I should be able to get a decent amount of that back from the scrap yard when I’m done. I’ll be happy to get the car back on the road in the coming weeks.
Dominant_Panda is offline   Reply With Quote