Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-24-2016, 09:42 PM   #1
Redevil1111

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS Convertible
P015B & P015D Codes

As stated in my Title, I've had these codes come up ever since I put on my Cold Air Ramp for my CAI. I had my CAI and Throttle Controller for a few weeks before hand with no engine light.

All that I've done is put on CAI's cold air intake and the ramp to bring in more air for it. I do have a Vitesse Throttle Controller as well.

I have taken my Camaro to the dealership (under warranty) 3 times and each time they replaced and relearned the O2 sensors. However the code would reappear within the next 2 days.

This has been going on for about 2 months now. The reason I'm just now making this post is because as of recently the engine light has been coming on for a few days, then going off for a few days and coming back.

I was wondering if you guys would have an idea of what would cause this?

I've tested the throttle controller by having it at 0 for stock, and the engine light still comes on. (will be disconnecting it here soon to see if that changes anything) I have also checked all my connections for the CAI and their all sealed correctly.

Thanks in Advance!
Old 11-24-2016, 10:20 PM   #2
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Unfortunately I can't offer any help with your issue, but you may fare better if you post it here. Good luck OP!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
Malibu T
Barbie Aficionado

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Not sure if this will help, but thought I'd share this with ya... My'13 SS recently popped same codes approx 1/2mile after fueling up.

*I've had my CAI intake & Apex scoop nearly 2yrs.
*Solo Mach XL catback was installed last Summer.
Stock headers/cats. No tune. Never had previous issue or CELs.

Fueled up at same Shell station I've always used, & same fuel, "93 V-power". Had no difference in throttle response, noise, or hesitation... just steady Check Engine Light moments after pulling out of the station.
Did the obvious first: checked GM locking fuel cap when I got home, then cleaned MAF sensor next day. Even replaced stock fuel cap... Nothing cleared CEL. Took it to Carquest. They verified exhaust tight, cats looked great, & he didn't think it was O2 sensors. Cleared "lean" PO15B & D codes, advising he wouldn't doubt it was just bad fuel mix from station. Gave me a bottle of Lucas Fuel Injector cleaner, which I dumped in tank right away. When fuel was down to nearly 1/4 tank (same tank of possibly "bad fuel"), CEL popped back on again.
Headed straight to Chevy dealership in town next day. Tank was nearly on empty, so stopped to fuel up about 5 miles from dealership. Got back in car, fired her up... CEL was gone, all by itself!?!? Still had dealer change oil, & they ran diagnostic check to be sure... No issues found.

Have fueled up twice since then (at two different stations), no problems what so ever.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:49 PM   #4
Redevil1111

Thanks for the advice guys. Right now i just took off my throttle controler and im currently waiting to see if the engine light comes back on. If it does ill send you a PM dynosteve for that custom tune.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:02 PM   #5
Redevil1111

Ok guys, I've had my VTC off of my car for 4 days now and it seems like everything is back to running normal and I haven't had the engine light come back on. (which by now it normally would). So unless something changes in the next few days, it seems like my car just did not like the CAI w/ scoop and VTC combo.
Old 09-14-2022, 09:17 AM   #6
mtnbike2go

Drives: 2014 Camaro Ss
I have the same issue as you. I have a 2014 SS M6 that throws both codes intermittently. It started when I installed the air scoop. The CAI has been on for years no issues. Is the scoop really causing these issues? I’ve replaced the 02s and my mechanic even relearned the fuel maps and check engine light came on showing -6 LTFT and the freeze frame data is showing +29 STFT. I’m at a loss been chasing this issue for over a year
mtnbike2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 10:29 PM   #7
mtnbike2go

No the car is not tuned. Only mods are a CAI that’s been on since new. I added the phasetek air scoop last year and that’s when the issues started. Replaced the 02 sensors already that didn’t change anything even though that’s the codes are for. My buddy who is a mechanic reset the fuel trims after my o2 sensors were installed and now LTFT are showing -6 and the freeze frame data for those codes are showing +29 always around 1400 to 1600 rpm it will trip but it’s intermittent it may trip in 10 miles or 500 miles.
Old 09-19-2022, 07:16 AM   #8
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbike2go View Post
No the car is not tuned. Only mods are a CAI that’s been on since new. I added the phasetek air scoop last year and that’s when the issues started. Replaced the 02 sensors already that didn’t change anything even though that’s the codes are for. My buddy who is a mechanic reset the fuel trims after my o2 sensors were installed and now LTFT are showing -6 and the freeze frame data for those codes are showing +29 always around 1400 to 1600 rpm it will trip but it’s intermittent it may trip in 10 miles or 500 miles.
How were your fuel trims reset ...by a fuse pull or via a device? If via a device it updated the permanent ecu count by 1 and voided any extended power train warranty you might have. Either way you should get a tune as you’re running really lean with a +29 ST reading and running that lean for an extended period of time is NOT good for your engine.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:12 AM   #9
mtnbike2go

It was reset by a scan tool. And it’s running lean only under that certain condition if you read the live data it’s not nearly as bad. It just seems odd with really no mods except a CAI and scoop the car would need a custom tune