Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 11-18-2022, 06:33 PM   #1
frack

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange SS
Service Stabilitrak and Codes

Starting a new thread on my 2010 Camaro SS. So today coming home the
service stabilitrak came on while I was driving. Threw the car into limp mode and it was running very rough. Pulled over and hooked up the EFI autocal and pulled the P0172,P0175, and P0335. This time however the fuel smell was almost unbearable. I mean with no cats I get it, but this was intense. Very hard to start. I cleared the codes 2 times a waited 15 minutes each time and still service stabilitrak and codes would return. I drove the 2 miles home, very slowly and when I got home I did pull one more Knock sensor code, just from that short distance P0334. Cleared them all again and the only ones that return each time are the ones from above. Longterm fuel trims was both at -25 and would not move. Short term fuel trims were also in the negative -18 area. MAP reading never went above 80 KPA. I have changed the following and things have only got worse. Spark plugs, wires, MAF, Crank position sensor, 02 sensors. I am wondering if the MAP sensor could be weak or sending incorrect data to the PCM. When I had the battery tested at autozone, it showed 97%
frack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 03:28 PM   #2
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
I had the same issue with my 2012 2SS not long after purchasing it.
The fuse pull to put the car on the high fuel table fixed it for me.
I also added AC Delco 10-3012, and filled the tank with Top Tier premium. No more issues.
Only run TT premium since.

Here's how to do the fuse pull.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38964

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 06:21 AM   #3
frack

I did a fuse pull thinking that I may have got bad gas, but that does nothing for the problem I am having. So I replaced the crankshaft sensor again with a ac delco part instead of the autozone shit and still the car has the stumble. Looks like on the autocal that the fuel trims perked back up but for how long. Anyone know if the relearn on the sensor with a proper scan tool wi;; clear this up? I did check the wiring again and when I turn the key to the on position, I get a 5 volt reference to the pigtail. I did not change the cam position sensor, but I have seen a couple of threads were people say that the cam position sensor if it begins to fail can give false readings which inturn will not throw a code for that but infact will throw codes on the Crankshaft sensor. Has anyone come accross this before?
Old 11-27-2022, 04:56 PM   #4
frack

Codes have still not returned, however the problem still remains. I ended up buying a new battery which did help with faster cranking. I bought a scan tool that can just about tell me everything that the car is doing. The crank sensor is working and so is the cam shaft sensor. Still running super rich, I mean the fuel smell is unbearable. Also, I am pretty sure I am getting gas into the oil. Which is making the car heat up much quicker. Map sensor is showing 74 kpa and it goes down when you accelerate. I let the car idle about 30 minutes while I was trying to figure out how to use the scanning tool and the temperature never went over 205. IAT temp at the highest was about 70° celcius. I feel like this going to be either a fuel injector or the fuel pump. The fuel injectors or injector if it is leaking is leaking into the cylinder. I have only been able to do a listening test. Injector on cylinder 1 is pulsing but not like the others.