Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-21-2023, 08:17 AM   #1
DKSynergy
Kunch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Silver Ice Mett
2010 GM Front Lip

Hey does anyone know where I can buy just the front lip for the GM Body Kit? The Camaro I bought came with the Sides and the rear already installed but not the front. I found it on KBD but its just a 3M double sided tape stick on application and I want something more permanent. Does anyone have any experience with the KBD kits? If I cant find a GM one that my be my only option.

^^^^ This is my old car, Haven't made new signature pic yet, but Check out its old build thread My Build Thread
DKSynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 10:54 AM   #2
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Just a heads up, you will NOT find a GM one! Unless you find someone that has one AND is willing to part with it. They aren't made anymore, and the entire kit. You may just have to get that one and do a "custom" install on it to secure it to the front fascia, or purchase some other splitter that you like. Good luck sir! Nice purchase by the way.
Old 06-21-2023, 11:07 AM   #3
DKSynergy
Kunch

Thanks yeah the more I look the more I am realizing that they are insanely hard to find. I love the look of the GM bodykit and I havent really found any that I like the looks of as much as that one. I will just have to get the KBD front lip and like you said make a more permanent custom installation for it.

^^^^ This is my old car, Haven't made new signature pic yet, but Check out its old build thread My Build Thread
Old 06-22-2023, 12:52 PM   #4
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKSynergy View Post
Thanks yeah the more I look the more I am realizing that they are insanely hard to find. I love the look of the GM bodykit and I havent really found any that I like the looks of as much as that one. I will just have to get the KBD front lip and like you said make a more permanent custom installation for it.
Good luck sir! Take your time and do it right so you don't have any issues with it. And just so you know, one of my friends years ago when he did find that GFX kit for his Camaro, they had a really tough time with the front splitter because it too didn't have any attachment hadware, just the sticky tape and they had to do some "customazation" th keep it secure.
Old 06-22-2023, 03:53 PM   #5
DKSynergy
Kunch

Yeah that is my fear, I watched a video of someone installing the GM splitter and it was solid after it was put on with all the mounting hardware. With the KBD one I am not really thrilled with the idea of putting double sided VHB tape on the car as a means of holding it on the car. I believe in doing things once the right way rather then twice the wrong way so I am gonna keep looking around.

Does anyone have any suggestions for splitters that are readily available that are top quality that look good with the factory kit?

Old 07-01-2023, 08:03 PM   #6
Don Keedic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I went with an ACS T4 front splitter with the undertray.
To me it seems.like the best option simce gm's are discontinued. It's composite, not plastic. With the undertray it adds hardware front and rear, which you have drop the front clip for 6 of the screws.
Don Keedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 05:39 PM   #7
SS_Dave

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
These guys have a reproduction of it. Not sure how good it is and it mounts a little different, but looks pretty similar. https://www.kbdbodykits.com/
SS_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 01:47 PM   #8
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
If you go the KBD route I’d be interested in your experience with it. I’ve contemplated there GFX side skirts, eventually I want to run them again on my car but they don’t show up very much these days. Kbd does make them but I’m Leary of the the fit, finish etc. of them.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 07:22 PM   #9
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
I have an SLP one painted gloss black I will sell you for cheap! I went with an ACS as well...going in a different direction now with my car. It bolts on as well.
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote