Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 09-16-2023, 04:40 AM   #1
DroneShotFPV

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary
Rear wheel camber

I was coming home from a walk with my wife last night, and my car was just sitting there wanting to be admired. Upon walking up I noticed a slight camber in the rear tires, or at least I thought I did... I am very "in tune" with things that seem out of place or wonky with any of my automobiles, and from the straight back rear view it seriously seemed like my tires were leaning like this / \ but not near as significant, I used the slash marks to indicate direction of the "lean". In fact, I would say it's so insignificant that I barely even noticed it, but it still appeared off...
So, I ask those who know more than me, is a slight camber normal? If not and it's suppose to be straight up and down as an arrow, is a slight camber of this nature adjustable with an alignment?
All my life I have had cars / trucks that you could either align all 4 wheels, or some just the front, so I would assume from what I see around the forum when searching for this issue (I did not find exactly what I was looking for) that some of you get "track alignments" before tracking your cars, so I assume it's possible to rectify if it's not supposed to be this way.

Anyway, thank you in advance, and I apologize if this was covered elsewhere, but I searched and had numerous hits on camber, but nothing that answered my exact question.
Have a great weekend!
50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build #4302, A8 | K&N CAI | Muffler Delete | RANGE AFM DISABLER | coming soon New Intake, Headers, and a tune for starters
DroneShotFPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 05:08 PM   #2
clyde

Drives: broken
Short answer: It's normal and you want it.
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 06:49 AM   #3
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Short answer: It's normal and you want it.
Agree
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 07:12 AM   #4
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Yeah, it's very-very likely normal, I don't see why your car would have a track alignment, no tire shop, let alone dealership does that without spefically asking them to.

The litmus test is your tire wear, if it's even inside to outside, your camber (and toe) is perfectly dialed, no matter how it looks to our untrained eyes.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 08:32 AM   #5
DroneShotFPV

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Yeah, it's very-very likely normal, I don't see why your car would have a track alignment, no tire shop, let alone dealership does that without spefically asking them to.

The litmus test is your tire wear, if it's even inside to outside, your camber (and toe) is perfectly dialed, no matter how it looks to our untrained eyes.
Thanks everyone for the replies. I assumed it was probably normal, and just my over analytical brain trying to create a problem for me when there wasn't one, but I wanted to make sure others opinions. I assumed a slight camber was to be expected for road to tire pairing, but I didn't have anything to compare with.

Thanks again!
50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build #4302, A8 | K&N CAI | Muffler Delete | RANGE AFM DISABLER | coming soon New Intake, Headers, and a tune for starters
DroneShotFPV is offline   Reply With Quote