Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-13-2024, 04:03 PM   #113
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadsled View Post
This is such a sweet build
Thanks!
Old 06-04-2024, 08:18 AM   #114
SlowLS1

Minor Update:

Life has been busy lately so not a lot of major progress. Have completed a few minor milestones...

Line Lock mounted in the cowl.
Bulkhead fittings mounted in cowl for the master cylinder.
Remote battery terminals mounted and cabled.
Front end harness is routed and complete. Almost invisible the way I routed it.
Transmission harness routed and ready to be tied into ECU.
Engine sensors routed and ready to be tied into ECU.
All positive battery cables (Alternator, Starter, and fuse box) routed and tied in.
All grounds tied in with weld nuts on the frame.

Next up,
Running Brake lines through the cowl and to the front wheels, and tie in the back.
Finalize coil pack location on frame rails, and route wiring along with MAF wiring.
Pull block out to finish firewall bodywork.
Tie in all wiring to the ECU.
Final prep for paint.

After that I will start running fuel system and get ready to put a motor back in her.

Sorry, No pics today. If there is something you are interested in seeing, I'd be happy to post it.

Brian
Old 06-09-2024, 11:58 AM   #115
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
What are your plans for an engine? N/A, boost, nitrous? Or just a good daily?
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 01:55 PM   #116
SlowLS1

It's going to be boosted. I already have the AGP kit waiting to install.
No daily for her. Just a weekend toy.
Old 06-10-2024, 08:51 PM   #117
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
It's going to be boosted. I already have the AGP kit waiting to install.
No daily for her. Just a weekend toy.
Nice sir. I plan to eventually do a Pro charger. One day in the future.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 09:26 PM   #118
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
I would buy them again. Not having enough ceiling height for a normal lift, it was the next best thing I found. Only real cons being no access from sides, and storing everything when not in use can be a pain. I do wish it had more than 2 locking positions.

I have thought about this for a while but TBH, there is a lot of intimidation in this sub. I look at everyone else's car in here and most of them are well documented and very clean rides. I have not done a good job of documenting the things I have done. For example, when doing the air ride install, I didn't take many pictures or document much of what I did, and a lot of what I did is custom work. Also the condition of the car was in pretty poor shape when I got her.

That being said, I have some very big projects starting and want them to be documented, and I DO enjoy sharing will you guys and getting feedback.

And yes, it is harder on the wallet in the start, but every car I've built in the past was done 2 and 3 times over because I didn't put a lot of thought into it. More impulsive decision where made, a lot of them were mistakes. Multiple cams or headers, nitrous to blower, swaps etc... All costly but now is different times. I was more of a drag racing nut, always chasing another tenth. Building drag queens that I could drive everywhere.

The internet makes it a lot easier to research and get ideas. But mostly I have matured in how I think about it. I want this car to be an all around fun weekend car that may not do anything great, but can do all of it good enough without sacrificing the enjoyment of driving it. I made that commitment to myself with this car, and plan to stick to it.

I promise....
Just read the whole thread... my first thought, you're a mechanical enginerd, second, fab shop pro, third, a disgruntled auto body man

Nice work, reminds me of

Is your name John, perchance?
Old 06-11-2024, 08:20 AM   #119
SlowLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Just read the whole thread... my first thought, you're a mechanical enginerd, second, fab shop pro, third, a disgruntled auto body man

Nice work, reminds me of

Is your name John, perchance?
Appreciate it brother, just a guy with tools and not enough sense to know when to quit.

Not a John, I'm Brian.
Old 06-11-2024, 06:03 PM   #120
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Minor update. Been working on the engine harness and my OCD is killing me.

Today I got the top side wiring “done” but I am seriously considering redoing it. Not really happy with how the injector wiring laid out. Give me some honest feedback. Should I redo it?

That is the only wiring on top. Everything else will be underneath. My biggest gripe is the loops on the injectors. The heat shrink I have is rigid after shrinking.
Thanks,
Brian
So I also just read through the entire thread, and I have to say well done to the work so far, but this won’t be a proper build thread until it’s muddied up with harassment and laughter… You and Hesster both, too much work, and no laughter… lol…

Fantastic attention to detail…. my build thread is about 82 percent laughter and pickin, mixed in with a bit of car work…

I’ll be following along with this one, and if opportunity to help you spend money arises, I’ll jump right in there… I helped Hesster buy some spensive wheels, but he asked for opinions….

As for the coil packs… it may not be suitable to your situation as you are cleaning all of the topside up… However, and part of this is dependent on which AGP kit, are the TT’s top mount or low mount… I’m not sure I remember if they do both…

Mine were low mount so we moved the ProEFI coils onto a bracket and mounted them to the wiper trey from edge… We built custom specific length wire bundles for the injectors and had custom made plug wires for an exact match length per cylinder… It’s wasn’t the very cleanest, but it was way better than original, and we couldn’t mount the coil packs on the AllPro valve covers anyway… No mounting bosses…

With the low mount turbos, a dry sump and four fuel pumps with -12 fuel line and -16 oil return lines, there was no room to mount them on the frame rails… So we went up and back… even after the motor plates, there was absolutely no room under the motor… Other than the filter location and air intake hose for the turbos…

So excuse the dust, but here you can see the coils stacked and mounted at the wiper gutter… Obviously mine isn’t clean like you are looking for but it’s what we did… This was pure go car….
Attached Images

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 09:06 PM   #121
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Appreciate it brother, just a guy with tools and not enough sense to know when to quit.

Not a John, I'm Brian.
I'm Mike, it's a pleasure, John.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
So I also just read through the entire thread, and I have to say well done to the work so far, but this won’t be a proper build thread until it’s muddied up with harassment and laughter… You and Hesster both, too much work, and no laughter… lol…

Fantastic attention to detail…. my build thread is about 82 percent laughter and pickin, mixed in with a bit of car work…
I skimmed thru your thread again, just hit the high spots, those were good times. That's part of the reason I bumped those threads, easier to find for a bit.... and... got a reminder on my phone it's close to Becky D's birthday, June 17. Feeling mortal and thought I'd ride on the backs of these giants like Brian, enjoying an awesome car that's about to get rare as hens teeth. Again.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:55 PM   #122
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:

I skimmed thru your thread again, just hit the high spots, those were good times. That's part of the reason I bumped those threads, easier to find for a bit.... and... got a reminder on my phone it's close to Becky D's birthday, June 17. Feeling mortal and thought I'd ride on the backs of these giants like Brian, enjoying an awesome car that's about to get rare as hens teeth. Again.
You dork, he just told you he’s Brian… Lmao… Same old Mike…

Brian, I’m Robert… If you need any help in amongst this build thread, lemme know and I’ll do what I can… They turned me loose with mod privileges so….

Dang I miss Becky… I spoke with her not too long after I got out of the hospital, about trying to buy a ZL1 1LE… Then she was gone… and Joe not too long after…

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 06-12-2024, 06:59 AM   #123
SlowLS1

Quote:

I’ll be following along with this one, and if opportunity to help you spend money arises, I’ll jump right in there… I helped Hesster buy some spensive wheels, but he asked for opinions….

As for the coil packs… it may not be suitable to your situation as you are cleaning all of the topside up… However, and part of this is dependent on which AGP kit, are the TT’s top mount or low mount… I’m not sure I remember if they do both…

Mine were low mount so we moved the ProEFI coils onto a bracket and mounted them to the wiper trey from edge… We built custom specific length wire bundles for the injectors and had custom made plug wires for an exact match length per cylinder… It’s wasn’t the very cleanest, but it was way better than original, and we couldn’t mount the coil packs on the AllPro valve covers anyway… No mounting bosses…

With the low mount turbos, a dry sump and four fuel pumps with -12 fuel line and -16 oil return lines, there was no room to mount them on the frame rails… So we went up and back… even after the motor plates, there was absolutely no room under the motor… Other than the filter location and air intake hose for the turbos…

So excuse the dust, but here you can see the coils stacked and mounted at the wiper gutter… Obviously mine isn’t clean like you are looking for but it’s what we did… This was pure go car….
You car was a lot of inspiration to do this turbo build. Not sure I ever get to your levels, but I appreciate the work you did and your willingness to guide other members here!

The AGP setup is low mount. I like the way you did your coil relocation. Makes access and troubleshooting easy. I know some guys mount them in the fender wells, but I'm not to keen on that. Either way I decide to mount them, for sure going to have to make a custom set of wires.

And feel free to "muddied up with harassment and laughter" in my thread. I've read a lot of the old stuff here and I wish I would had been here then. It's enjoyable banter and keeps things fun and light hearted. I've made a lot of friends here that I speak to on the daily. Hope to make many more.

And Hesster is in a class all by himself! His work is phenomenal. Much respect!

Quote:

Mike,

The pleasure is all mine!
And you are correct sir, there are a lot of GIANTS here, I have read a lot of them, more than once. Makes we wonder how many of these people are still here, maybe we need to get a roll call going. I'd love to see this site pop like it did back in the day, and people like you make that possible.

John.

Quote:

Brian, I’m Robert… If you need any help in amongst this build thread, lemme know and I’ll do what I can… They turned me loose with mod privileges so….

Dang I miss Becky… I spoke with her not too long after I got out of the hospital, about trying to buy a ZL1 1LE… Then she was gone… and Joe not too long after…
Robert,

Thank you very much. The members build section is where all the cool kids hang out. Not a lot of moderation needed here. The general section however...

I will keep it in mind if I ever need anything sir.

Brian
Old 06-12-2024, 10:00 AM   #124
Mr Twisty

Quote:

True story, worked for an amazing woman for the last 10 years... if my life depended on it I couldn't tell you her last name.

On the other hand I'll likely never forget John's real name after that lol

Quote:
And feel free to "muddied up with harassment and laughter" in my thread. I've read a lot of the old stuff here and I wish I would had been here then. It's enjoyable banter and keeps things fun and light hearted. I've made a lot of friends here that I speak to on the daily. Hope to make many more.

Mike,

And you are correct sir, there are a lot of GIANTS here, I have read a lot of them, more than once. Makes we wonder how many of these people are still here, maybe we need to get a roll call going. I'd love to see this site pop like it did back in the day, and people like you make that possible.

John.
It was fun times, but the site has matured well, even if participation is down the info garnered appears to be more mature as well... I'd rather have a fruity umbrella drink with a small crowd than get caught in the middle of a mosh pit, I shouldn't even know what a mosh pit is
Old 06-12-2024, 10:31 AM   #125
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
You car was a lot of inspiration to do this turbo build. Not sure I ever get to your levels, but I appreciate the work you did and your willingness to guide other members here!

The AGP setup is low mount. I like the way you did your coil relocation. Makes access and troubleshooting easy. I know some guys mount them in the fender wells, but I'm not to keen on that. Either way I decide to mount them, for sure going to have to make a custom set of wires.

Mike,

John.

Robert,

Thank you very much. The members build section is where all the cool kids hang out. Not a lot of moderation needed here. The general section however...

I will keep it in mind if I ever need anything sir.

Brian
I'd love for this site to be popping off like it was back in the day. I think alot of the big players have sold their cars and moved on to different pastures. New cars come out, lots of hype builds and crazy car communities form. Remember when the PT Cruiser came out? The people who bought them were absolutely obsessed. 10 years pass and they eventually dwindled into a small tight knit community who will love them until they die. The 5th gen Camaro is not different. They are just now getting cheap enough that new enthusiasts are able to buy them used and start modding them again. Thus the resurgance in users and popularity.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 04:41 PM   #126
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Either way I decide to mount them, for sure going to have to make a custom set of wires.

And feel free to "muddied up with harassment and laughter" in my thread. I've read a lot of the old stuff here and I wish I would had been here then.
Remember my comment about helping spend your money... LMAO, so it begins... Obviously this is pick'in and only to be considered if you are looking for options.

We used the custom Magnecor R-100 Race wires. Not recommended with Split Fire Plugs... Expensive but durable as hell... and clean with regards to aftermarket ECU and engine "noise." We measured a clean distance from each coil to the relevant spark plug and filled in the order form. They arrived numbered and ready to go...

I gotta toss in the JAB, stay away from Granatellis 0-ohm wires... Junk made from AutoZone bulk wire... Dressed up in a fancy skirt...

https://magnecorusa.com/performance/

https://magnecorusa.com/wp-content/u...A_821_fill.pdf

Tags
notreallyslow