Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #15
DntWrryBeHappy21
Patiently Waiting...

Drives: whatevers in the driveway atm
Send a message via AIM to DntWrryBeHappy21
If the navigation is on its way good, plus if you have a tom tom or nuvi, there is a higher chance of your car being broken into (people look for the residue left from the sticky on the windshield or even if you leave the gps outself) Rather get the indash for a cleaner look. As PAFast said, if im getting an SS or even the V6 a grand or so more wont kill me....

One day....
DntWrryBeHappy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #16
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Not only can it store music but it also has an "industry first" feature. You can pause live radio for up to 1 hour I believe. Which would be perfect for me and other talk radio junkies
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:14 PM   #17
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by DntWrryBeHappy21 View Post
If the navigation is on its way good, plus if you have a tom tom or nuvi, there is a higher chance of your car being broken into (people look for the residue left from the sticky on the windshield or even if you leave the gps outself) Rather get the indash for a cleaner look. As PAFast said, if im getting an SS or even the V6 a grand or so more wont kill me....
You make another good point, the on dash units are prone to theft. It happens many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
Not only can it store music but it also has an "industry first" feature. You can pause live radio for up to 1 hour I believe. Which would be perfect for me and other talk radio junkies
Yes, I forgot about that feature. If the Camaro offers this navigation unit I will buy it without a second thought.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:52 PM   #18
Kevin L

Drives: Last Camaro was a '00 SS
I will say this. If the nav unit that will eventually come in the Camaro is the same as in the current Suburbans I will PASS on it. We have some of these at NBC and they are terrible! It feels as if GM contracted the same team that put together Windows 95 and told them specifically not to make it user friendly and to make the interface look 10 years old. I don't know how the Caddy nav is. Hopefully it is better. The nav on my Lexus IS however is gorgeous and works great. Please give us a new generation nav for this killer car. Maybe that's why GM is holding off?