Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-24-2010, 10:11 PM   #29
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_eddie View Post
You can only purchase Amsoil through a dealer of it. I am a dealer and I can help you out if you would like to order some. Yes they have differential fluid. Their fluids will not void a warranty as long as you are using the fluid that meets the GM standard. GM's standards for their oils can be found in your owners manual section 10-7 and 10-8. Here is a link to Amsoils product application lookup for a 2010 SS. http://www.amsoil.com/mygarage/vehic...ROLET+CAMARO+X
All of their products will have a link to give you more information about it and what world wide specs it meets. Here is a link to my website http://www.lubedealer.com/simplysynthetics
which one is the differential fluid???? and is amsoil better then mobil 1?

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #30
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
Their first recommendation is the torque-drive and that is what I plan on putting in mine. I have the 6 speed as well. There has been some discussion on here about some people using the thicker ATF and the TR6060 does not like it very well especially in a cold environment or while the car is still cold. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60584The synchromesh does not meet the gm specs to be used in that transmission. Your manual has the specs in it, it is a GM 88861800. If I can help you any further let me know, and also the Amsoil customer service line is great for answering questions about technical issues. It is not a 800 number but they are great for questions on products [Technical Services Phone: (715) 399-TECH (8324)] My website is in my sig.
Thanks for the info. I guess the ATF fluid is the best bet then. I will let you know when I'm ready to order. I did notice that the gallon isn't quite enough and they don't sell it in quarts. Hmmmm.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:30 PM   #31
camaro_eddie
Boomer Sooner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
which one is the differential fluid???? and is amsoil better then mobil 1?
Here is what the manual says to use

Rear Axle (V6 Engine with
Automatic Transmission)

Rear Differential Fluid 75W-90 to GM Specification 9986155.
GM Part No. U.S. 89021677, in Canada 89021678.
Rear Axle (V6 Engine with
Manual Transmission)

Rear Differential Fluid 75W-90 Limited Slip to GM Specification 9986226.
GM Part No. U.S. 89021677 and Friction Modifier 1052358,
in Canada 89021678 and Friction Modifier 992694.
Rear Axle (V8 Engine)
Rear Differential Fluid 75W-90 Limited Slip to GM Specification 9986226.
GM Part No. U.S. 89021677 and Friction Modifier 1052358,
in Canada 89021678 and Friction Modifier 992694

Here is what Amsoil offers for that

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/svg.aspx

and the friction modifier additive
http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ada.aspx

These meet the GM specs.

In independent studies Amsoil outperforms Mobile 1, I have been using it for over two years in all five of my vehicles and love it. Here is the results from their 10W-30. The 5W-30 and 0W-30 oils are even better.
http://www.amsoil.com/performancetes...veOilTest.aspx
http://www.amsoil.com/performancetests.aspx
Their motor oils need to be used in conjunction with their EA filters to get the full life, if they do not offer a filter they recommend a wix and then service the filter in conjuction to the oil life monitor or 3000 miles.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:35 PM   #32
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
how often do i have to change the oil with the use of amsoil?? and are u saying that there is no oil filter for the car?

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:44 PM   #33
camaro_eddie
Boomer Sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Thanks for the info. I guess the ATF fluid is the best bet then. I will let you know when I'm ready to order. I did notice that the gallon isn't quite enough and they don't sell it in quarts. Hmmmm.
Yea that is a downfall I know and I wish they would sell it in qts. But look at the bright side you will always have some leftover in case of a spill...lol.

Yes let me know if you would like to order and I can help you out. If you order from my site be sure to check into becoming a preferred customer a one year membership is only $20 and you get the product at wholesale. A 6 month is $10 but you can only do that one time then have to get the year the next time. Price it with and without, and depending on how much you order it will save you more than the membership cost plus.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:11 PM   #34
camaro_eddie
Boomer Sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
how often do i have to change the oil with the use of amsoil?? and are u saying that there is no oil filter for the car?
25,000 miles or 1 year under normal conditions, if the vehicle is used in severe conditions it is 15,000 miles or 1 year whichever comes first and yes the recommended filter for the LS3 is a Amsoil EA050

The following is from Amsoil regarding service life of the 5W-30 oil.

SERVICE LIFE
AMSOIL Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil is recommended for extended drain intervals in unmodified(1), mechanically sound(2) gasoline fueled vehicles as follows:

• Normal Service(3) – Up to 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.

• Severe Service(4) – Up to 15,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.

• Replace AMSOIL Ea oil filter at the time of oil change up to 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first (other brands at standard OEM* intervals).

• In all non-gasoline fueled vehicle applications, extend the oil change interval according to oil analysis or follow the OEM* drain interval.

*OEM – Original Equipment Manufacturer

(1) Engines operating under modified conditions(non-stock) are excluded from extended drain recommendations. Examples include the use of performance computer chips; non-OEM approved exhaust, fuel or air induction systems; and the use of fuels other than those recommended for normal operation by the manufacturer.

(2) Mechanically sound engines are in good working condition and do not, for example, leak oil or consume excessive amounts, are not worn out, do not overheat, do not leak anti-freeze and have properly working emission control systems. AMSOIL recommends repairing malfunctioning engines prior to the installation of AMSOIL synthetic oils.

(3) Personal vehicles frequently traveling greater than 10 miles (16 km) at a time and not operating under severe service.

(4) Turbo/supercharged vehicles, commercial or fleet vehicles, extensive engine idling, use of AMSOIL motor oil in vehicles with more than 100,000 miles without prior use of AMSOIL motor oil, daily short trip driving less than 10 miles (16 km), frequent towing, plowing, hauling or dusty condition driving.

Last edited by camaro_eddie; 03-24-2010 at 11:41 PM.
camaro_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #35
FastOil

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305pride View Post
because ive been hearing alot of royal purple since last year. i put some royal purple oil in my car today.

it breaks down after your filrst pass on the 1/4 mile, or your hard street pull

do some reading you migh re think.

http://www.enhancedsyntheticoil.com/..._vs_AMSOIL.htm

New York, NY – April 1, 2009 The National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus has recommended that Royal Purple, Ltd., modify or discontinue certain advertising claims for it’s synthetic motor oil.

i am actually very very suprised by how well this community supports Royal Purple, it amazing i though it was a honda civic thing
FastOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #36
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
I only use Amsoil.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #37
hollywoodGU

Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastOil View Post
it breaks down after your filrst pass on the 1/4 mile, or your hard street pull

do some reading you migh re think.

http://www.enhancedsyntheticoil.com/..._vs_AMSOIL.htm

New York, NY – April 1, 2009 The National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus has recommended that Royal Purple, Ltd., modify or discontinue certain advertising claims for it’s synthetic motor oil.

i am actually very very suprised by how well this community supports Royal Purple, it amazing i though it was a honda civic thing

You have a link to an Amsoil sight to show how Amsoil is better...not a lot od credibility there IMO. I mean common, of course they are going to say they are better it is their own website!
hollywoodGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:26 AM   #38
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Not to mention hes an amsoil dealer. Duh.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:24 AM   #39
camaro_eddie
Boomer Sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodGU View Post
You have a link to an Amsoil sight to show how Amsoil is better...not a lot od credibility there IMO. I mean common, of course they are going to say they are better it is their own website!
https://www.amsoil.com/performancete...veOilTest.aspx

Here you go, I am a dealer of Amsoil but do not try to push it on anybody. I feel that everyone needs to do their research and use what they feel is the best. IMO it is the best oil on the market. I was a customer long before I decided to become a dealer. If you have any more questions feel free to pm me or my website is in my sig and it will link you to my email there.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:35 AM   #40
hollywoodGU

Quote:
https://www.amsoil.com/performancete...veOilTest.aspx

Here you go, I am a dealer of Amsoil but do not try to push it on anybody. I feel that everyone needs to do their research and use what they feel is the best. IMO it is the best oil on the market. I was a customer long before I decided to become a dealer. If you have any more questions feel free to pm me or my website is in my sig and it will link you to my email there.
Wish they would have compared it to RP. But the numbers look good, you just have to realize that there is a potential bias there because its on the Amsoil site so some ppl (like me) might be a little weary to just take it at face value
Old 05-09-2010, 05:53 AM   #41
camaro_eddie
Boomer Sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodGU View Post
Wish they would have compared it to RP. But the numbers look good, you just have to realize that there is a potential bias there because its on the Amsoil site so some ppl (like me) might be a little weary to just take it at face value

I will try and see what I can find on comparison with RP. The testing is done through independent labs, not Amsoil testing.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:02 AM   #42
hollywoodGU

Quote:
I will try and see what I can find on comparison with RP. The testing is done through independent labs, not Amsoil testing.
Yeah, I totally understand that and I'm not saying the numbers aren't legit. But I have seen a study where RP was on top of all the other brands too. Thats kind of why I take everything with a grain of salt. If there are 20 lab results and one of them has a "Brand X" on top of course that brand is going to use that study on there site. IM NOT SAYING AMSOIL ISNT THE BEST OIL OUT THERE. I'm just saying I take everything with a grain of salt, not just with Amsoil, but with ALL brands in all products. Everything from Oil to Bolt ons