Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 05-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
Rounki

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS IO Int.
Tuned by Henderson Performance (HPT)

Thank you Rob for referring me to this great shop. I originally had thought of traveling at least 2.5-3 hrs to either Dallas or Houston for a tune but after talking to Rob he convinced me that HPT was the place to go.

Corey was super awesome tuning the car, taking his time and being super meticulous. Heat and humidity was a bit detrimental for numbers but nevertheless I'm super happy with 'em. It's really just a baseline for later mods. Car definitely feels more powerful.

I'm super stoked that there's a great shop that's only about 30 minutes away for all my future mods!

Current Mods:
XS Power 1 7/8 LT headers and 3" exhaust
VMAX Ported TB
ADM Street Intake

HP: 416.20
TQ: 417.82
Attached Images

XS Power 1 7/8 LT Headers
XS Power 3" Cat Back
Vmax TB
ADM Street Intake
H&R Springs
Forgestar F14s
Tuned by HPT
Rounki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #2
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
You're welcome...

Those are some great numbers with the mods and the heat didn't help any... Monday would have been awesome... Glad you enjoyed meeting the gang...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:41 AM   #3
Rounki

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS IO Int.
On a side note:

For those that are getting LT headers and are on the fence about getting a tune or don't want to get one for warranty issues, just be careful.

After I installed my headers I had suspicions that I was running a little lean. A little over a week of driving with plenty or WOT runs on the street (pre-tune), I noticed my exhaust tips were still relatively clean with very little sooty buildup.

First run on the dyno before the full tune showed my AFR was a bit out of wack and sure enough there were lean conditions here and there. Now I'm sure each car may be different from the rest and some may be fine but it is a possibility. I would definitely recommend a tune to maximize your car's potential power and to insure longevity of the motor.

XS Power 1 7/8 LT Headers
XS Power 3" Cat Back
Vmax TB
ADM Street Intake
H&R Springs
Forgestar F14s
Tuned by HPT
Rounki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS