Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 05-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
coolman

Unhappy 324 error only while on C5, Anyone else?

I get a 324 error saying "empty response" only when I'm on this site and while using google chrome. If I keep reloading the page it will go away until the next time. Anyone else get this?
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I get a 324 error saying "empty response" only when I'm on this site and while using google chrome. If I keep reloading the page it will go away until the next time. Anyone else get this?
is it the unable to load message? because when I get that I just cont. to hit refresh

other than that, no idea :(
Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigachip View Post
is it the unable to load message? because when I get that I just cont. to hit refresh

other than that, no idea :(
Yeah, pretty much. It only happens when I'm on this site. It seems to be getting worse.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Never had this problem. Not sure what may be causing it.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #5
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Sounds like a bad network connection.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #6
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Does this happen if you use a different browser (IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.) or only with Chrome?
Old 05-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
No issues here. Strange.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
No issues here. Strange.

Same here.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Try clearing your internet temp files, every browser downloads them.... it could be you have a corrupted cookie/temp file. It would explain why this site all of a sudden is an issue and others are not.

Also, it could be as mentioned an issue with your connection. The site could be bogging down on your end, thus crashing the page. I've seen this on other forums for a very select few.

Last suggestion, would be to uninstall Chrome and reinstall it. I hate Chrome, would sooner use Safari.... but people like it. Other than that, try as suggested above with other browsers (Firefox/Internet Exploder).
Old 05-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #10
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Try clearing your Internet temp files, every browser downloads them.... it could be you have a corrupted cookie/temp file. It would explain why this site all of a sudden is an issue and others are not.

Also, it could be as mentioned an issue with your connection. The site could be bogging down on your end, thus crashing the page. I've seen this on other forums for a very select few.

Last suggestion, would be to uninstall Chrome and reinstall it. I hate Chrome, would sooner use Safari.... but people like it. Other than that, try as suggested above with other browsers (Firefox/Internet Exploder).
Thanks for your advice. I started using explorer 9 and haven't had any problems. It must be something with chrome.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #11
coolman

Quote:
Try clearing your internet temp files, every browser downloads them.... it could be you have a corrupted cookie/temp file. It would explain why this site all of a sudden is an issue and others are not.

I reinstalled chrome and it hasn't done it since. Thanks for your advice once again.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
I reinstalled chrome and it hasn't done it since. Thanks for your advice once again.
Cool. Glad to hear it's been resolved (so far)

I've been using Chrome for about 8 months now and I haven't had a problem to date...
Old 05-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #13
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Thanks for your advice. I started using explorer 9 and haven't had any problems. It must be something with chrome.
Rule of thumb is to always try it with something else to make sure you can duplicate the problem. I've seen two people log on to the same computer, under different accounts, and only one person have a problem with the same software. Sometimes software gets corrupted, sometimes settings get fubared....

Quote:
No thanks needed, just happy to help. Fortunately, my suggestion worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Cool. Glad to hear it's been resolved (so far)

I've been using Chrome for about 8 months now and I haven't had a problem to date...
Chrome is pretty much a hit or miss it seems for a lot of people. You either have problems or you manage to get by with very minimal problems... I won't use it since it's basically nothing more than a beta version ...
Old 05-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #14
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Chrome is pretty much a hit or miss it seems for a lot of people. You either have problems or you manage to get by with very minimal problems... I won't use it since it's basically nothing more than a beta version ...
The only thing I don't care for is that it won't recognize text shortcut keys like Ctrl+B for bold, etc...I miss that...