Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 07-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
An interesting ebay find... (HINT: Very clean IROC)

Was bumming around on Evilbay looking for some reproduction multi-bar replacements when I find this ad for a fully restored 1986 IROC:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...fCarsQ5fTrucks

I've seen this company in the past post 2 other very clean 3rd gens, including a brand new Z28 they found in a storage container that was Rally Sport yellow and had factory louvers and the very high mount rear brake light. Still had the cardboard carpet covers and plastic over some parts. I think I got a boner when I saw that post a while back.

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

He told me that was the best damn answer he ever heard.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
Black Lightning

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Wow. That is very nice. And, so is yours!

I had an 84 Z28.

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
Wow. That is very nice. And, so is yours!

I had an 84 Z28.
Thanks man, still needs some work, but I'm ironing it out!

I found their showroom website and man, do they have every make and model of restored muscle cars comin' out the ass!

http://inventory.rk-motors.com/allcars.asp

They say they do complete restorations... I wonder how much they'd charge for mine? Only problem with the bodywork I need to do on my Z28 is that the car is my daily driver, and counting on a decent paintjob in a not so busy shop that'd be 2 months or more I'd be without a car. :(

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

Old 07-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
That is a nice 3rd gen

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25thanniversary View Post
That is a nice 3rd gen
Pony up 17 grand and she'd be yours! I'd still be needing to do an engine swap, tho. Carbed 305? It's a show quality car, but a little "lacking" in the performance section. I like tho how it has the TA5 manual tranny.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:11 PM   #6
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2k4E View Post
Pony up 17 grand and she'd be yours! I'd still be needing to do an engine swap, tho. Carbed 305? It's a show quality car, but a little "lacking" in the performance section. I like tho how it has the TA5 manual tranny.

LOL, so my wife could kill me i already have my 3rd gen with 69,000 miles on her and my 5th gen. imagine i buy this one and believe me my wife will flip out and throw me outta the house. oh your car is also nice

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:40 PM   #7
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25thanniversary View Post
LOL, so my wife could kill me i already have my 3rd gen with 69,000 miles on her and my 5th gen. imagine i buy this one and believe me my wife will flip out and throw me outta the house. oh your car is also nice
Thanks! However my avatar is an old pic. My car really is a 10 foot-er, the front bumper paint is peeled off to the point to where the brown urethane shows, but we did spraypaint it white to cover it up. Also, now there's a big dent where somebody backed into it while I was visiting a friend. I meant to take a pic of it and ask the body guys on here if it would buff out or if it'd be cheaper to just buy a door panel and have it painted white.

Lmao, wow, your 3rd gen only has that many miles on it? I don't know how many's on mine due to the previous owner not setting the odometer right. Right now it says I have a 9,800 mile car. Let's just say that he (or whoever did it) doesn't really know how to wire stuff right. When I got mine it wouldn't crank because there was a big enough draw that the starter couldn't get all the power needed to crank, the fan relay was melted, the fan wasn't even mounted back right (he did an engine swap; 305 to 383 TPI) A/C compressor isn't wired back. Hell the temp. sender wasn't even put back on the manifold.

Then when I first got it the pinion seal was busted cause a tiny rock got up into the yoke and scored a sharp edge into it. Got it replaced tho.

Although I'm getting close to fixing all his screw ups. Today I got an aftermarket fan/AC relay system with adjustable temp. module, (Allows you to set the temp. that the fan comes on at.) and tomorrow morning I'm going to finish wiring the A/C up to it and check for leaks in the freon system.

I'm getting closer tho, where I'm moving to go to college there's 2 huge junkyards. I'm gonna hit those up and see if I cant find a totaled or scrapped 98-02 Z28 LS1 or a totaled Corvette. I want to do an LS engine swap and I got a couple of guys that'll sell me the motor mounts and wiring harness for cheap.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:43 PM   #8
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
wow, I would like to add that to my collection
Old 07-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #9
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
wow, I would like to add that to my collection
You should do it, and let me drive it.... to my house.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #10
KMK454

Drives: 91 B4C Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2k4E View Post
Was bumming around on Evilbay looking for some reproduction multi-bar replacements when I find this ad for a fully restored 1986 IROC:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...fCarsQ5fTrucks
That red 86 has been for sale for well over a year at this point. I started looking for mine this time last year and that's a car I considered...

At the time, they were asking over 20k for it. The condition is there but the actual car isn't the most desirable IROC because it's a 1986 and a carb'd motor, two things the hardtop and the 5-speed can't save.

It's still for sale a year later...
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote