Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #1023
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
...competent enhanced FE4...and that-there EL ESS SEBEN en-gine, 'n some HD tidbits to whoa/corner with...
I remember a wise statement from some time ago...

Paraphrase: "It's easier to take parts off a car, than it is to add them"

So to take the already precisely-engineered, track-ready ZL1...drop the LSA, drop the interior appointments/options. Transfer the MR to an option...and spend some R&D to substitute an LS7....

That leaves a bullet-proof powertrain, track-focused accessories (like brake and powertrain cooling), aero, tires, and an all-business character...

It seems easy enough when we type it out here....over and over and over again.

Now...will they do it?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #1024
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I remember a wise statement from some time ago...

Paraphrase: "It's easier to take parts off a car, than it is to add them"

So to take the already precisely-engineered, track-ready ZL1...drop the LSA, drop the interior appointments/options. Transfer the MR to an option...and spend some R&D to substitute an LS7....

That leaves a bullet-proof powertrain, track-focused accessories (like brake and powertrain cooling), aero, tires, and an all-business character...

It seems easy enough when we type it out here....over and over and over again.

Now...will they do it?
I hope they will do it! You did the large version of my avatar pic four or five years ago with Z/28 emblems on it and I'm STILL waiting for one. And no, the eventual ZL1 (while awesome in it's own right) did not fit the bill for what I think a Z/28 should be.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #1025
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I wholeheartedly agree!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #1026
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
I hope they will do it! You did the large version of my avatar pic four or five years ago with Z/28 emblems on it and I'm STILL waiting for one. And no, the eventual ZL1 (while awesome in it's own right) did not fit the bill for what I think a Z/28 should be.
Clyde
I remember that!

Apparently someone(s) at GM agreed with you. There's still a small part of me that wishes the ZL1 was called the Z28...and that same small part only wants that, I think, because of the father's '79 Z....
Old 09-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #1027
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Wow, how serene it is here amongst the Z28 threads. Been in the ZL1 threads, a lot of bickering that it's not a true track car. Why vent when they are welcome to join our cause?

I believe more people want a true "Z28" than many think. Hey GM are you still listening?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #1028
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Wow, how serene it is here amongst the Z28 threads. Been in the ZL1 threads, a lot of bickering that it's not a true track car. Why vent when they are welcome to join our cause?

I believe more people want a true "Z28" than many think. Hey GM are you still listening?
Many people are hung up on 'spotlighted' details like forged pistons...And ignore the plethora of coolers and real-world endurance testing it's undergone...Fortunately, these people are due to have their socks blown off.

Here's to hoping everybody's wishes come true. And those with unreasonable wishes go somewhere else.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #1029
wildpaws

Quote:
I remember that!

Apparently someone(s) at GM agreed with you. There's still a small part of me that wishes the ZL1 was called the Z28...and that same small part only wants that, I think, because of the father's '79 Z....
Here's that large version that you so graciously did for me back then (I think this one was slightly reduced to meet site requirements, or not!):

Clyde
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #1030
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

Just wait until GM announces specs on the Z28 (assuming that they will ever do such a thing of course). Then we'll see all the bickering migrate here. People complaining that its a TTV6, or an upgraded LS3, or an LS7, or an LS9 while others defend GMs choice. People complaining that it doesn't weigh less than 3400 lbs, or 3500 lbs, or 3600 lbs, or 3700 lbs, or 3800 lbs while others defend GMs choice. People complaining that it doesn't have MRC, or that it does, and others defending GMs choice. People complaining about how it looks, and others ... yes, you guessed it, defending GMs choice.

Honestly, as annoying as it can be at times ... it is what we did on this site before anyone had their 5th gens. Its kinda nice to be reminded of the old days.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #1031
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Here's that large version that you so graciously did for me back then (I think this one was slightly reduced to meet site requirements, or not!):

Clyde
Wowww....that was one of my WAY early ones.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #1032
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Wowww....that was one of my WAY early ones.
I think it was those photoshops that led me to this site in the first place
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 09-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #1033
wildpaws

Quote:

We even have time here to post pics that are not directly related to the thread, now that's serene!
Clyde
Old 09-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #1034
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I think it was those photoshops that led me to this site in the first place

Quote:
We even have time here to post pics that are not directly related to the thread, now that's serene!
Clyde
Old 09-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #1035
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Many people are hung up on 'spotlighted' details like forged pistons...And ignore the plethora of coolers and real-world endurance testing it's undergone...Fortunately, these people are due to have their socks blown off.

Here's to hoping everybody's wishes come true. And those with unreasonable wishes go somewhere else.
Most of those kinda people complain because they aren't happy if they aren't complaining about something......

The other half use it to "justify" why they won't buy one........ not to mention they would NEVER be able to afford one.....

I am getting a sick feeling it will be priced out of my range They said it would be competitive, but they are sending it out with what is comparable to a GT500 track package... that is good, but bad for pricing I think for me
Old 09-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #1036
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Most of those kinda people complain because they aren't happy if they aren't complaining about something......

The other half use it to "justify" why they won't buy one........ not to mention they would NEVER be able to afford one.....

I am getting a sick feeling it will be priced out of my range They said it would be competitive, but they had sending it out with what is comparable to a GT500 track package... that is good, but bad for pricing I think for me
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Tags
700 hp z/28 in 2014, the greatest camaro