Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-12-2012, 02:44 AM   #15
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Jet Stream Blue Metallic......courtesy of Southwest Speed.
Attached Images

Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:46 AM   #16
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

....another pair of IOM Illuminated ones.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #17
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
OH yeah I forgot AAC offers the centers painted, an you sell their stuff Ivan, my bad! You can't go wrong with Southwest Speed or AAC either.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #18
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichGreene View Post
They look GREAT and you didnt join the more money than brains club
Good Work !!!!!
Well smart guy, let me throw a few figures at you and see who has more money than brains!!!

I bought a painted speedo bezel & shifter bezel from Lupe. I only had stripes painted on the shifter bezel, so I wouldn't even attempt that myself. It needs someone who knows what they are doing so it doesn't end up looking like amateur shit!!!

Now the speedo bezel. For me to buy the speedo bezel, it is $48 plus shipping from GM Partshouse. Around $60 total. The matching GM IOM paint plus clear coat plus shipping I believe would have been around $45, but lets say $40 so my materials come out to $100. I paid Lupe $120 including shipping. So I have to prep & paint and hope & pray my painting skills keep drips and smears from happening. And if they is an imperfection, I have to start all over again. And this, to save $20?????

I'm going to get a set of tail light bezels soon. They are $78 plus shipping, so around $90. I want them painted CFM, so there's another $35 shipped. How much is that for just materials? I count $125, the same amount I would pay Lupe for an incredible painted product.

So maybe, before you say something stupid, think about what the ACTUAL cost would be for someone to do it themselves
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #19
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
Well smart guy, let me throw a few figures at you and see who has more money than brains!!!

I bought a painted speedo bezel & shifter bezel from Lupe. I only had stripes painted on the shifter bezel, so I wouldn't even attempt that myself. It needs someone who knows what they are doing so it doesn't end up looking like amateur shit!!!

Now the speedo bezel. For me to buy the speedo bezel, it is $48 plus shipping from GM Partshouse. Around $60 total. The matching GM IOM paint plus clear coat plus shipping I believe would have been around $45, but lets say $40 so my materials come out to $100. I paid Lupe $120 including shipping. So I have to prep & paint and hope & pray my painting skills keep drips and smears from happening. And if they is an imperfection, I have to start all over again. And this, to save $20?????

I'm going to get a set of tail light bezels soon. They are $78 plus shipping, so around $90. I want them painted CFM, so there's another $35 shipped. How much is that for just materials? I count $125, the same amount I would pay Lupe for an incredible painted product.

So maybe, before you say something stupid, think about what the ACTUAL cost would be for someone to do it themselves

I wanted to keep my stock Bezel's and bowtie in stock form. So in all you are money ahead to let the pro's do it for you. I did do silver vinyl on the OEM bowtie at first to see if I liked it, but I'll leave the painting to those who know what they are doing. If I was decent enough at this stuff and I did not want to keep my original parts I'm sure I could have saved some money... but either way no point in bashing what anyone for how they choose to mod their car.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #20
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
SSX style for me...
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #21
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNo View Post
SSX style for me...
NICE!! I like it!
Old 02-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #22
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
SSX style for me...
Mucho Badassery! I did a flat red one for a guy right after C5Fest2....just like the SSX one. They look really good.

First blue one I've seen....looks sweet man.
Ivann
Old 02-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #23
MrDew

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #165
Quote:
SSX style for me...
Where can you get those SSX stzyle ones?
MrDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #24
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDew View Post
Where can you get those SSX stzyle ones?
I made it myself. Ordered new bow ties from GM and a Drake bow tie delete. Since I have pins on the rear emblem, I just painted the center IBM.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #25
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
rick, who did that? looks damn good!
Thanks, my dealer's paint/body shop did them