Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
But, we aregoing todoa 1" thick Max iceolator for testing and will report back on the findings. We also have a few othersurprises instorebut cant say more until they are proven.

Very..very interesting.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #16
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
I respect your opinion tracy and im positive the cooling factor could play "some" role in reducing intake air charge that could possibly give few more ponies. some could take bigger advantage with temp theory over other cars since every car is not the same. We seen hapisok's comparison result on the same dyno done on the same day which clearly show much more power gain in the low to mid rpm with 25mm extra runners. One thing we have to take into account is that on the dyno we usually wait until each cool down between runs, unless we are purposely trying to heatsoak the vehicle. Whatever the case might be, I believe both parts are extremely worthy, but GM enginner did state that the extra power for the LFX did not come from cooler temp from the plastic IM but from a larger intake valve and mote efficient cylinder head design. I know one side is saying temperature is the main reason and the other side is saying the increased runner. Both theory work, but which one actually work better for our LLT particularly is still pretty much debateable LOL. I personally would have to say the same reason why GM made our LLT IM into a cross ram design to give that ram push of air into the cylinders. Add more length from the IM to the valves and I believe the effect could be greater which showed on the dyno. Denser air is always good but the question for me is, does it affect more in gain vs increased runners? dyno doesn't think so and the GM engineers also verified that the extra gain with LFX was not because of cooler plastic LFX IM.

Both are awesome regardless

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #17
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Not true HOPE. I know there's been tons of debate over this ever since mace and vmax came out with the insulators, but the independent dyno that hapi provided for both insulators on the same engine and on the same day both ran within an hour clearly show that the extra increase in runner size provided alot more hp/tq in the low to mid rpm over the vmax. The increased runner size however did have a small downfall pass 6k rpm but nothing significant.

I am 100% positive the LFX can also benefit with extra runner length. GM engineers clearly stated that the extra hp bump was due to increased intake valve size and more efficient cylinder head design with it's integrated exhaust manifold. Not because of heat reduction due to plastic manifold. The plastic manifold was simply a cost reduction change and nothing more.
Thanks Bmore for clearing that up i was misinformed.

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote