Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #29
V1c1ous

Drives: 96 Z28 SS, 2010 SS RS
I've red lined several times. The line doesnt hurt it, just tells you "need to shift". I hit rev limiter once.....didnt like it. pretty much got it down by ear now, so I dont even look at the tack.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #30
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
My motor has seen 7200 several times, according to the data logging we did at the race track....
It wasn't on purpose... but my Tach needle is about 2000 RPM behind the motor when you get on it hard...
Is it just me or does that sound bad? So the tach tells you you're at 6k and your engine is at 8k? (I assume you'd hit the limiter before then though?)
Old 04-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #31
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

Drives: 2010 inferno orange 2SS
almost every time I take off hard I'm bouncing off that thing. only had the fuel cut out on my once and that was at 50 with the nannies on and I punched it trying to pass a car, tires came loose fuel cut off and almost wrecked becuse of the fuel cut off. now I always drive with the nanies off (unless it's raining). (dont want to hear all the crap about having them off, I would rather know what my car is doing and be able to control it myself then to have the car tring to do something stupid when I need it to work).
It's mine, like it or not. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108079
destroyerofu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #32
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Once, in 3rd gear. Scared the crap out of me.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #33
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Last time was about an hour ago in 2nd gear. Oops!

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #34
Dave Coyle

Drives: 2010 SS , 1970 Z-28, 2002 Avalanche
Not sure if you mean "redline" or "revlimiter"!! I redline mine every time I run it hard but I have "over reved" it and hit the limiter a couple time using the paddle shifter!
Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers/Hi-Flo Cats/Corsa Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI / Port Intake
Precission 2400/2800 Converter/3.73 AAM gears
Livernois Motorsports Tune

Best time: 11.97 @ 117 MPH
Dave Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:54 PM   #35
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerofu2 View Post
almost every time I take off hard I'm bouncing off that thing. only had the fuel cut out on my once and that was at 50 with the nannies on and I punched it trying to pass a car, tires came loose fuel cut off and almost wrecked becuse of the fuel cut off. now I always drive with the nanies off (unless it's raining). (dont want to hear all the crap about having them off, I would rather know what my car is doing and be able to control it myself then to have the car tring to do something stupid when I need it to work).
So there are 2 different kinds? Fuel and ignitions cut out? What determines which happens? When I hit it the car acted as if the ignition was turned off and it came back on as soon as I backed off the throttle a bit and shifted into second gear.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #36
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Quote:

Will not give you any hell about the safety controls being turned off but I would recommend you learn when to shift your car!!! If your hitting the rev limiter every time you take off, something is wrong, with your driving technique Shift sooner my friend, be kind to your maro!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #37
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Pisses me off everytime it happens!! I hate how you have to shift anticipate with the paddles in order for this not to happen. I try to shift at about 300 rpms before the rev limiter but sometimes miss it and hit the limiter and it totally takes the thunder out of what ever I'm trying to do. Glad the protection is there tho.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:51 AM   #38
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

Drives: 2010 inferno orange 2SS
I like to burn rubber so I do hit the rev limiter here and there when I'm in first and have had it bounce a few times off of it. (doesn't hurt the car or cut off the motor, just bounces at 6300 to 6700 rpms.) then I let off a bit to get some grip, and go.

the fuel cut out where it seems like the car died and i had to wait for it to come back a live only happened once, when i described it above ^^^^^. and that about killed me and scared the crap out of me.

the rev limiter doesn't bug me because it is there to protect the car and if you look at any of the drifters out there you can here them bouncing off the rev limiter all the time. my car is not tuned and is still at the stock 6700 rpm max and will stay there even after I tune it.

I know tc and st do not effect the rev limiter but it does effect the fuel cut off if it thinks your car is out of control (tires spinning) it will cut the fuel and motor to help you regain control. and that part I hate with a passion. nothing pisses me off more then to try and show off only to have your car spit and sputter and seem to die while your showing off. (people laugh I know they do)

I only hit it in first when I am spinning, any other time I shift just fine.
It's mine, like it or not. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108079
destroyerofu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:13 AM   #39
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
When I first got my car I bounced off the limiter all the time. I wasn't use to such a low limit. Now I don't anymore.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:16 AM   #40
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
Quote:
I like to burn rubber so I do hit the rev limiter here and there when I'm in first and have had it bounce a few times off of it. (doesn't hurt the car or cut off the motor, just bounces at 6300 to 6700 rpms.) then I let off a bit to get some grip, and go.

the fuel cut out where it seems like the car died and i had to wait for it to come back a live only happened once, when i described it above ^^^^^. and that about killed me and scared the crap out of me.

the rev limiter doesn't bug me because it is there to protect the car and if you look at any of the drifters out there you can here them bouncing off the rev limiter all the time. my car is not tuned and is still at the stock 6700 rpm max and will stay there even after I tune it.

I know tc and st do not effect the rev limiter but it does effect the fuel cut off if it thinks your car is out of control (tires spinning) it will cut the fuel and motor to help you regain control. and that part I hate with a passion. nothing pisses me off more then to try and show off only to have your car spit and sputter and seem to die while your showing off. (people laugh I know they do)

I only hit it in first when I am spinning, any other time I shift just fine.
LOL mine spits and sputters whenever I forget to turn off the nannies, but it's a habit now so I rarely forget anymore. I notice it the most when it's wet. Totally horrible! Wish they would just stay off.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:21 AM   #41
1954 Belair-man

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 1SS M6
I've only hit it in 1st a few times myself i think its a good thing does'nt bother me at all, if i bought the car just for the strip than i guess it would be a pain in the butt
1954 Belair-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:40 AM   #42
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Law Breakers!!!
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote