Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 06-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #15
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Norm, anyway we can get a more specific time of when we're going versus being there from 8:30 - 12?
Old 06-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #16
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Norm, anyway we can get a more specific time of when we're going versus being there from 8:30 - 12?
Well, there are a lot of variables in that. And remember, Drivers are going to be working during that session time as well. So Drivers report 30 minutes prior for tech and we make sure we have enough folks in place to make the runs seamless. So... drive, work a corner, drive, help tech, drive, safety/timing, drive.

We'll have two cars on the track at a time in intervals so we're hoping you guys will be wore out behind the wheel during your session, and leave with permanent permagrin. Plus, the "shoe" cars will be running during each session, exhibition/vendor cars, etc. Plus, plus, plus...... ya'll are gonna have fun!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #17
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Correct sir. I had that volunteer session loaded up. It's not I didn't look forward to the help, it's just that you've got to get your session in as well!

With 60 (for right now) per session scheduled to run, and drivers helping out as well during their session.... we should have plenty of people.

Didn't want to offend, just trying to free up some of your fest time.
Yep, not offended. Just wanted to make sure! if you do need me either hit me up here or when we get there!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #18
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
Friday 08/03/2012 7:30am: Gates open for vendors & staff 8:00am: Gates open for all attendees 9:00am - 11:00am: Car Show 11:00am – 7:00pm: Drag Strip open 11:00am – 4:00pm: Auto-cross open 1:00pm - 2:00pm: Sponsors Appreciation Hour

If the car show runs until 11, I can't do the am session unless these times change.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #19
garcmol

OP UPDATED WITH PREREGISTRATION INFORMATION AND LINK TO PREREGISTER!

Quote:
PEDDERS PRE REGISTRATION FORM AT THIS LINK

https://secure.echosign.com/public/h...3U6X9GG3X4VF2J

This will help get everyone ready before we get there. Simply click the link, fill out the form, digitally sign and it will come back to me, Rob@Pedders and JusticePete. This will save a lot of time at the track
[B]

Once you complete the form, you'll receive an email from echosign (check your spam folders!) to validate the form. Validate it and we'll have it. Done!

Last edited by garcmol; 06-22-2012 at 06:56 AM.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #20
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
All,

Please Note there is a different thread for drag racing topics, classes and times.

http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219588

Carry on...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #21
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Have you ever run in an auto cross event? Typically you get several runs. Meaning its 3.5 hours, assuming you start on time. 50 cars in the session. Now that's A LOT! I don't know what kind of track they are setting up... Speed or handling. There is a difference. Most events are set up for handling so the Miata would destroy the 5th gen. Now if they set up a speed track (bad idea with a lot of novice drivers) it could get interesting.

Let's just say they set up an average track that takes 45 seconds to go around. (that's a pretty good track). That's .75 minutes so in 210 minutes, that's 280 runs. Times two cars is 560 runs possible in 3.5 hours. So at 50 cars you could potentially squeeze 10 runs per driver. That's a TON. Most events I've run in are 5-6 but that's when the day is split in 3 sessions, not 2. That's if all runs smooth, which it won't. Never does.

I'd say drives need to be there the full time. You guys will have fun, just don't set up too "fast" of a track. People with way more balls than talent will end up smashing up something.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #22
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Have you ever run in an auto cross event? Typically you get several runs. Meaning its 3.5 hours, assuming you start on time. 50 cars in the session. Now that's A LOT! I don't know what kind of track they are setting up... Speed or handling. There is a difference. Most events are set up for handling so the Miata would destroy the 5th gen. Now if they set up a speed track (bad idea with a lot of novice drivers) it could get interesting.

Let's just say they set up an average track that takes 45 seconds to go around. (that's a pretty good track). That's .75 minutes so in 210 minutes, that's 280 runs. Times two cars is 560 runs possible in 3.5 hours. So at 50 cars you could potentially squeeze 10 runs per driver. That's a TON. Most events I've run in are 5-6 but that's when the day is split in 3 sessions, not 2. That's if all runs smooth, which it won't. Never does.

I'd say drives need to be there the full time. You guys will have fun, just don't set up too "fast" of a track. People with way more balls than talent will end up smashing up something.

Hey, were you looking at my calculator???????

This, I believe, will be a "handling" track with a dash of speed. Definately not a triple digit road course.

These types of courses can really teach you what a car is capable of doing. It's also very taxing on the mind believe it or not. Roll in, roll out, late brake, slides, tire squeal, brake fade and on and on and on.

All the while your jaw is aching and you can't figure out why..... Permagrin

It feels like your lap lasted forever.....

It's only been 1 minute.....

You're faster than somebody.....
Old 06-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #23
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Hey, were you looking at my calculator???????

This, I believe, will be a "handling" track with a dash of speed. Definately not a triple digit road course.

These types of courses can really teach you what a car is capable of doing. It's also very taxing on the mind believe it or not. Roll in, roll out, late brake, slides, tire squeal, brake fade and on and on and on.

All the while your jaw is aching and you can't figure out why..... Permagrin

It feels like your lap lasted forever.....

It's only been 1 minute.....

You're faster than somebody.....

For anyone who has never run an autocross... It's SOOOOO much better than the 1320. Much harder on your car tho!

It is VERY intense. Most autocross events I've run in the C5 (vette) or the Camaro, you can really run the whole course in 1st usually. Shifting to 2nd was pointless, since you'd be back in 1st right away. With a speed stretch you can probably grab 2nd but just watch you don't get to hot!

Just sent... don't want to offend anyone.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #24
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Got my e-registration done! Cant wait!

SoCal Race team #13 will be there to represent!
Old 06-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #25
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stache View Post
Got my e-registration done! Cant wait!

SoCal Race team #13 will be there to represent!
Good deal! Glad the form is working. It's pretty easy and just takes a sec to complete.

Has anyone else completed it? Or questions about it?
Old 06-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #26
wwddnnone
Ur G'nna feel a pinch

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Awesome - I can't wait. I put together my prep list today to work on during the holiday weekend.

One note:

I think you've got me listed twice. Once in the Modified section as - wwddnnon - and once in the checking mods on saturday as - wwddnnone -

I'm definitely running as modified.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #27
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
I'm confirmed, I might not put my car in the show , but I marked yes just in case

CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #28
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddnnone View Post
Awesome - I can't wait. I put together my prep list today to work on during the holiday weekend.

One note:

I think you've got me listed twice. Once in the Modified section as - wwddnnon - and once in the checking mods on saturday as - wwddnnone -

I'm definitely running as modified.
My bad. It's fixed, thanks!