Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #2255
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
Awesome! Just out of curiosity (I plan on painting mine) how much did he quote you?
The quote was fairly reasonable considering how much the other shop wanted to charge me for JUST the extra work, but my insurance covered pretty much all of it. Which is why I decided the repaint was worth it.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #2256
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,250
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #2257
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,270
don't blame me for this. This is Kevin teasing me, which becomes me teasing you. It's not fair but it's unfortunately how it works.


Name:  Picture 1694.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  188.3 KB
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #2258
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
don't blame me for this. This is Kevin teasing me, which becomes me teasing you. It's not fair but it's unfortunately how it works.


Attachment 394121
You went MATTE?!!!!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #2259
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
You went MATTE?!!!!
No. At least I didn't think I was. I believe he's shooting the base coat in that shot.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #2260
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,438
Until the clear coat is on, the paint will look matte.
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #2261
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
No. At least I didn't think I was. I believe he's shooting the base coat in that shot.
I think my next build will be matte.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #2262
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I think my next build will be matte.
it might be a few pages back, but I posted the repsonses Dylan and Todd gave me when I wanted to go with a satin finish. The short version is that any nick/chip/ding/etc can't be buffed out. To fix it you have to repaint the whole panel.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #2263
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
it might be a few pages back, but I posted the repsonses Dylan and Todd gave me when I wanted to go with a satin finish. The short version is that any nick/chip/ding/etc can't be buffed out. To fix it you have to repaint the whole panel.
And your point is
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #2264
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
And your point is
I mean, that kind of was my point. For me, Kaylee is my DD - so it would only be a matter of time before panels needed to be repainted. But if you're building a show/track car that never has to park in a movie theater parking lot then go for it. I'm personal to satin simply because IMO matte just looks like primer.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #2265
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I mean, that kind of was my point. For me, Kaylee is my DD - so it would only be a matter of time before panels needed to be repainted. But if you're building a show/track car that never has to park in a movie theater parking lot then go for it. I'm personal to satin simply because IMO matte just looks like primer.
I'm pulling your leg. Matte is hard to keep perfect. So is pearl. I want black pearl with matte clear. It will look spectacular, but be high maintenance... Back to your black beauty.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #2266
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I'm pulling your leg. Matte is hard to keep perfect. So is pearl. I want black pearl with matte clear. It will look spectacular, but be high maintenance... Back to your black beauty.
that's what I wanted initially: satin black pearl. It was sooooooo pretty. But again, way to high maintenance.

I'm still waiting on more pictures if y'all were curious as to why I haven't posted more.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #2267
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
that's what I wanted initially: satin black pearl. It was sooooooo pretty. But again, way to high maintenance.

I'm still waiting on more pictures if y'all were curious as to why I haven't posted more.












JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #2268
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,270
Soon.........
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3rd Gen Camaro Street Stock build thread (dialup beware) zlathim 3rd Generation Camaros 8 09-28-2018 08:20 PM
OK...I'm starting a better V6 exhaust examples thread!! KMPrenger Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 608 04-27-2018 11:38 PM
Official AustinJames "Oh My Bad" Camaro Thread [COTW 1/2/12] austinjames Member Car Journals 202 12-12-2014 10:14 AM
Zabo's '00 T/A Build Thread CamaroSpike23 4th Generation Camaros 514 07-05-2013 12:26 PM
Motorgen LA Invasion Videos (58) and Pics Thread SeanPlunk USA - California 5 05-31-2009 02:23 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.