Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 10-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Forum sections for Special edition cars

I notice that Verts, 1LE's, the Z28 talk, and ZL1's have their own sections, but why not have a section for the SLP ZL editions? Or one section for all special tuner cars like SLP, LPE, Hennesey, and Nickey?
ZL-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
u forgot one sir... callaway.. hehehe

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL-Bee View Post
I notice that Verts, 1LE's, the Z28 talk, and ZL1's have their own sections, but why not have a section for the SLP ZL editions? Or one section for all special tuner cars like SLP, LPE, Hennesey, and Nickey?
I'm guessing because they're not Chevrolet vehicles.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended

They are still 5th gen Chevy Camaro's. most car sites I've ever been to had a section for these types of cars in specific. Also I think it would be good for those looking for information on these cars. They don't each need their own section, but one general section specifically these cars together.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita View Post
u forgot one sir... callaway.. hehehe
I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a few that I missed, but listing thise all was only by example.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I have a feeling that this wouldn't fly being that all of the special editions you listed are/could be sponsors while some might not be. That would allow some to believe that we were playing favorites. If we devoted a section of the forums to Callaway, or to SMS who isn't a sponsor, would Lingenfelter and Hennessey be upset that those companies weren't paying, yet getting their "name in lights"? Also, as someone said already, those vehicles are not Chevrolet vehicles, but cars built aftermarket by vendors.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #7
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended

Seriously?!! I don't think that is the smartest mindset on this topic. We're talking about 5th gen Chevy Camaro's. Anyway there would be no point as a sponsored section that would remove all credibility from the forum. My point is as a section for people own those cars and for members who have questions about those vehicles. They are still Chevy Camaro's carrying the Bowtie & Camaro badges. I think we all know here that we have plenty if members with each type of car. These companies only are modifying the Camaro the way SLP did with the 4th gen Firehawk & SS. I just think it would be great for an information base for all members here on this site. We can't say all bases are covered when no attention is paid to some of the best performing Pre-built Camaros on the street.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
The 4th Gen was quite different than those cars. It was essentially a factory authorized aftermarket upgrade. SLP set up shop right near the plant to mod the cars immediately after they got off the assembly line & get them back into the GM distribution system once they were finished. With the ones you mentioned, they are all individual dealers/shops. If they have any sort of nation-wide network of dealers, its one they established themselves. If you get a car from them, you have to order with them -not your local Chevy dealer (unless they are part of that shops limited network). Otherwise, you have to send your car to them so they can do their upgrades.

Also, Mindzs point was that Camaro5 as a whole is sponsored by shops like Hennessy, SLP, Lingenfelter and the others. That puts us in a very difficult position. Having such a section would be viewed, rightly or wrongly, as advertising/promoting the companies that sell these cars. If we include everyone, at least some of our sponsors will get upset that non-sponsors are getting advertised. If we don't include everyone, the guys left out get upset that we're being unfair. Its a no-win for us.

On a related topic though, and one which I thought you were suggesting based on the title of the thread, is a section for all of GMs special edition Camaros. The synergy's, pace cars, Transformers, 45th, etc.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Basically what the moderators are saying is that it wouldn't be fair to the vendors that don't pay, to get their own free advertising. Vendors pay to be able to advertise here.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #10
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended

I could understand why in those terms that, sadly it amounts to a loss of potential forum content.

Honestly even a section that had all of GM's special editions like the 45th, Transformers Ed., Synergy, would be great for the site IMO. But I think a thread devoted to each for pics and stuff works for those GM cars too. Maybe the same applies to the others, can the Canaro5 admins hate if a member started a photo's thread for a certain type of tuner car because they like them or have one.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
You're more than welcome to start your own threads for the special editions, but as Mustang fans learned, one thread for anything quickly become hard to follow. I would suggest making the thread in the photo sections so they dont get moved.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:28 AM   #12
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I understand the vendor concern, it makes perfect sense to keep it fair and not advertise the ones who are not paying. It may not be a great idea yet, however, but in time, as more owners of limited run Camaros become members here, it may not be such a bad idea to include a section devoted to all "limited edition" 5th generation Camaros, to include: Synergys, 45ths, Transformers, and now the newest of the bunch, Hotwheels editions, (as well as any other limited editions that GM happens to produce in the future, if any). This section could of course be void of any conflict of vendors like SLP, Hennessy, etc.

Just a thought.