Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #15
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF1 View Post
Congrats on your new baby. Nice to see other Canadians on here.
I hope you're putting it away for the winter.
I'd be fine with 9 months, I ordered one on July 13, so nine months would make it April 13, just in time foe a spring gettaway!
The dealer can't even give me a delivery date. And I live 20km from where they're made. I see them being trucked away down Hwy401 to the U.S. once in a while.
So far, all i've got is a Preliminary Order Number.
Being that close to the plant I would politely go over there and knock on the door with a bottle of rye, some flowers and some cash and see if you could schmooze one! LOL! That would painful to be so close. Kinda like a kid watching others play while they are grounded!

Last edited by Tyler H; 12-06-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Forgot a response
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #16
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

And ya it will be warm in the garage till spring!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #17
Dvjason

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange ZL1
My dealer has been warned by Gm that if they come across any zl1 in Canada that are a us car that they are supposed to notify gm. They said they are really going to crack down on this with the possibility of the us dealer losing their franchise. Supposedly they are going to start shipping some of the unsold cars out of the us upto Canadian dealerships.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler H View Post
After a long wait my 13 ZL1 is being shipped! Hope for a before Xmas delivery. This is my tenth Camaro in which I've had the pleasure of owning. Hoping this one is a ten outa ten. No pun intended. The ZL1 is extremely difficult to attain in Canada with low allocations and huge demand. Feel fortunate to be getting it. There were 6 deposits behind mine and only 1 coupe allocated. We all put down deposits on a hope and a prayer. This has also been the case at other dealers in my area. Sometimes hard to swallow the number allocated to the states. No problem with my neighbours south of the border but a fair allocation split from GM would have been appreciated. Lots of people in Canada are unable to buy. It is what it is I suppose. I'm happy but I do feel compassion for those people who can't acquire their wanted ZL1!
This is great to hear, and congratulations! Please let us know when you get behind the wheel!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #19
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
It makes no sense that someone has a product that people want to buy but they refuse to build enough to meet demand.
The Camaro ZL1 and Shelby GT500 are both expensive cars with a limited customer base. Ford has always artificially limited Shelby GT500 production (and before it the SVT Cobra Mustang) to annual production of something less than they estimate demand to be, and has spread the limited production around by periodically allocating them to dealers. Now GM seems to be doing the same thing, which is very smart on their part. If GM produced enough 2013 ZL1s to accomodate every single person who wanted a ZL1, then there would be no customer base left for 2014 ZL1s and they would be sitting on lots begging for buyers. And when that happens the next step is for the car manufacturer to discontinue the model.

The 2002 retro 2-seat Ford Thunderbird had a waiting list at the start of production. But after production caught up with demand Ford discontinued the stylish T-bird after the 2005 model year.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #20
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
The Camaro ZL1 and Shelby GT500 are both expensive cars with a limited customer base. Ford has always artificially limited Shelby GT500 production (and before it the SVT Cobra Mustang) to annual production of something less than they estimate demand to be, and has spread the limited production around by periodically allocating them to dealers. Now GM seems to be doing the same thing, which is very smart on their part. If GM produced enough 2013 ZL1s to accomodate every single person who wanted a ZL1, then there would be no customer base left for 2014 ZL1s and they would be sitting on lots begging for buyers. And when that happens the next step is for the car manufacturer to discontinue the model.

The 2002 retro 2-seat Ford Thunderbird had a waiting list at the start of production. But after production caught up with demand Ford discontinued the stylish T-bird after the 2005 model year.
And that the reason was that Ford were asking way to much $ for that POS , or did for just though that ....we will make a kill on this ..really ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #21
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
This is great to hear, and congratulations! Please let us know when you get behind the wheel!

Brandon
Will do Brandon!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #22
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

Brandon
Will do Brandon!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #23
TheMichael

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #349, 1969 Camaro SS
FYI...My ZL1 was brought into Canada from a Canadian dealer from the US with no problems what so ever. Took a few weeks after picking the one I wanted - couldn't stand the dealers up here not knowing a thing. Would recommend to those frustrated - although it doesn't do much good sitting in the garage all winter - but it sure does look good.
TheMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #24
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
I got my 2013 direct from a dealer in Texas in August under msrp. ADM picked it for me and added a few ponies under the hood for half what Davenports wants. It was the greatest road trip ever bringing it home. I got to enjoy it for a few months and didn't have to take it up the .... from these greedy Canadian dealers. I would love to buy local if it was available at a reasonable price.
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #25
Dvjason

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange ZL1
I'm just saying what my dealership told me. Your dealership probably has a US company in which they buy vehicles through and then turn around and sell them back to their Canadian Company as used. I know that's what happens I have also had us vehicles brought up for myself out of the US. Just saying a US dealership can not sell new vehicles to Canadians. I'm only talking GM too, ford is a different story.