Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 12-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #15
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
PieNsky,

Got it attached, you saved me a trip to the dealer.

Thanks a ton.

And Merry Christmas!

Jim

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #16
Green2SS/RS

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS
Good info PieNsky. Thanks for the reply and I think I'll have it fixed under waranty so I don't have to cut it out, then if it happens again I can do the job easier.
Green2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #17
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
I'm glad that I could be of any help at all. And to all, a good night...Merry Christmas!!!
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #18
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Taking it back to the top.
With winter coming upon us, if anyone has a chirp in the blower motor, it is going out and you will need to replace it soon.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #19
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
Taking it back to the top.
With winter coming upon us, if anyone has a chirp in the blower motor, it is going out and you will need to replace it soon.
What will these engineers think of next, a blower motor molded in.

Must be cost savings? 3 screws saved and labor?
Old 11-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #20
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
PieNsky, thanks for the write up....no problems as of yet but I'll bookmark this thread just in case.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:39 PM   #21
rcktftbl72

Drives: formerly a 2012 2SS/RS CRT :-(
Can someone take (and post) a picture of the motor after it has been replaced with this DIY? The last picture still looks like an "in progress" one.

Thanks!
rcktftbl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:52 AM   #22
FightingScallion

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT "Kaylee"
Update for anyone doing this on a newer model. I went to do the same on my 2012 last night.

The two screws that hold the blower cover on have been replaced with plastic injection rivets (I'm sure there's an actual name, but I don't know it). So, getting that off requires the destruction of the column of plastic connecting the cover to the base.

I erroneously just assumed they were plastic screws that had been intentionally stripped and that I could drill out the center of them. After that (and some other ideas) failed, I eventually drilled out most of the column. Couldn't reuse those spots screw connections, obviously. Unfortunately, this means that the best screw location for holding the cover on is unavailable. The available two do not do quite as good a job of keeping the small duct from the cover fully flush with the inlet to the rest of the assembly.

Learning that took the 1-1.5 hour job to a 2-3 hour job.

Since I already had my drill out, I also created a set of perforation holes all the way around the circular guide for cutting. I'd found the razor blade situation frustrating and decided that just connecting the dots would be easier. Not sure it's a preferred method, but it seemed to work.

Future replacements (let's face it, they'll happen) should take 30-45 minutes, tops...
FightingScallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:09 PM   #23
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...98#post8899098

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingScallion View Post
Update for anyone doing this on a newer model. I went to do the same on my 2012 last night.

The two screws that hold the blower cover on have been replaced with plastic injection rivets (I'm sure there's an actual name, but I don't know it). So, getting that off requires the destruction of the column of plastic connecting the cover to the base.

I erroneously just assumed they were plastic screws that had been intentionally stripped and that I could drill out the center of them. After that (and some other ideas) failed, I eventually drilled out most of the column. Couldn't reuse those spots screw connections, obviously. Unfortunately, this means that the best screw location for holding the cover on is unavailable. The available two do not do quite as good a job of keeping the small duct from the cover fully flush with the inlet to the rest of the assembly.

Learning that took the 1-1.5 hour job to a 2-3 hour job.

Since I already had my drill out, I also created a set of perforation holes all the way around the circular guide for cutting. I'd found the razor blade situation frustrating and decided that just connecting the dots would be easier. Not sure it's a preferred method, but it seemed to work.

Future replacements (let's face it, they'll happen) should take 30-45 minutes, tops...
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:14 PM   #24
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=250934&page=2
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:34 PM   #25
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Anyone who does this here is a good tip: get a high speed cutting bit for a dremel. My hand slipped once off of the knife and I started to look for a different method. I used the cutting bit #194, small enough to fit where you cut and it takes 10 minutes, 15 tops. Go slowly as the plastic you cut off builds up on the tool a good bit.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:33 AM   #26
adamx

Drives: 2010 camaro
Sorry to rez this, but is it possible to remove the 'cap' or whatever and lube the bearing? I don't want to replace atm.

Thanks.
adamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:53 PM   #27
Pct1theory

Drives: '15 2LT RS - Bee Colors
Hey everyone, dealer just replaced mine. Now the air flow is much much louder on the passenger side (where it was replaced). Not making any chirping noises or anything, but the air flow sound is way louder. Any one else experience this? It sounds like there is no sound damping now that it was replaced.
Pct1theory is offline   Reply With Quote