Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #15
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapa3 View Post
Thanks.

And did you have any trouble besides that when you installed yours? Do I need to make any modifications to the pipes to get it to fit?

Also did you get a CEL?

Edit: Sorry for all the questions
i can only tell you my kooks fit perfectly only thing i had to remove that wasn't the OEM manifolds or cats was the plug wires and the dipstick tube.

i got a cell that was unrelated to the headers. goofed on putting one plug wire back in correctly.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #16
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
if you remove the o2 sensors when theyre warm hot it will be easy. you can remove the pipes and warm them up a bit with a propane torch. sometimes when youremove them cold you strip the threads headers go in easier from the bottom
Old 01-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #17
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast6.3 View Post
if you remove the o2 sensors when theyre warm hot it will be easy. you can remove the pipes and warm them up a bit with a propane torch. sometimes when youremove them cold you strip the threads headers go in easier from the bottom
This. Definitely much easier if you have a lift.

As for the LT's, those 2in headers should work fine. Why did you choose the 2in version? Are you planning a massive build in the future? 1 7/8 is the most common setup and will handle just about anything you throw at them. They come with everything you need to install it to any catback you have, including the OEM one. A tune isn't 100% necessary but it's HIGHLY recommended to get the most from them and to turn off the rear O2 sensors so you don't get a CEL. My tune quieted down the engine noise as well. You will get a CEL no matter what, it's just a question of when. Some get it immediately while some have gotten several hundred miles before throwing it. Not sure what gaskets come with the TSP's but most of reuse the stock one. If you're not comfortable with that, buy a OEM one. It's been shown that the OEM one is the best for sealing well.

There is a DIY or two in that section on header installs. I'd suggest you read them before you get started.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #18
Chapa3

Drives: '10 2SS/RS
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks guys.

Axis I plan on finding a lift to use. As for the 2in instead of the 1 7/8 , I just figured why not go bigger if it's the same price. Plus I wouldn't mind some forced induction later on.

I plan on getting it tuned, so I wouldn't have to worry about a CEL would I?

I will go and check on the DIYs, I saw a video on installing ARH headers, and it seemed pretty straight forward. So I'm not really worried.
Chapa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #19
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapa3 View Post
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks guys.

Axis I plan on finding a lift to use. As for the 2in instead of the 1 7/8 , I just figured why not go bigger if it's the same price. Plus I wouldn't mind some forced induction later on.

I plan on getting it tuned, so I wouldn't have to worry about a CEL would I?

I will go and check on the DIYs, I saw a video on installing ARH headers, and it seemed pretty straight forward. So I'm not really worried.
I thought about 2in but after seeing how close the fitment is, every millimeter counts. There are several people running 2in primaries and I haven't heard of them having to dimple them for fitment.

A mail order or dyno tune will turn the rear O2 sensors off. None of the handheld canned tunes will turn them off though.

Two people and a lift makes this a quick and easy job. Just make sure you heat up the area around the O2 sensors before you try to get them out. Spraying them with some PB blaster or the like will help as well. Some have them come out with ease while others have mangled them beyond use. Mine were more on the mangled side but I did salvage enough threads to reuse them. The key is to NOT force them. If you hit a tight spot when loosening them, spray them down then retighten. Repeat that process till they come out.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai, headers