Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #15
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
Hey, have you notice the Car they tested doesn't have the Front Spliter!
Perhaps that explains some discrepancy in the test results.
That is a bit strange but that doesn't explain the slow 0-60 and a 13 1/4, that is just driver error, good catch though.

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #16
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
These are the Results to compare it to the original Track test done by Edmunds on the 2010 Model year
http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/cam...est-specs.html

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe
(6.2L V8 6-speed Manual)

Track Test Results
0-45 mph (sec.) 3.4
0-60 mph (sec.) 5.1
75 mph (sec.) 6.8
1/4-mile (sec. @ mph) 13.1 @ 109.4
0-60 with 1 foot of rollout (sec.) 4.7
Braking, 30-0 mph (ft.) 27
60-0 mph (ft.) 111
Slalom, 6 x 100 ft. (mph) 65.8
Skid pad, 200-ft. diameter (lateral g) 0.86
Sound level @ idle (dB) 47.6
@ Full throttle (dB) 81.8
@ 70 mph cruise (dB) 70.0

Acceleration comments
This car favors a boggy launch with minimal wheelspin. Shifter is very good, but clutch uptake is right on the floor. Gear spacing must've been planned to reach the quarter-mile at the very very top of 3rd gear. Strong motor with no dead spots all the way to redline.

Braking rating: Very Good

Braking comments

First stop was best, but subsequent ones were still very good, showing no signs of fade. Pedal effort is moderate to firm. Little dive and no squirm.

Handling rating: Good

Handling comments
Slalom: Huge yaw delay as the car was reluctant to turn in. As a result, I'd either arrive "late" at each cone or I had to force myself to turn earlier than I'd like to. This car was neutral to a fault, meaning it neither understeered nor oversteered, giving me few tools to make it go through faster. Skid pad: Extremely balanced. I could steer it with the throttle alone. Steering feels natural and loads predictably.

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #17
Legendary Umbra

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE Summit White
Arrow Negative Review...

I have to say its a negative review or close to neutral...perhaps they should get better drivers to punish the 1LE before they just give an opinion after one driver's averages are put up for statistics. I love how these reviews on Ford, Chevy, and Dodge never really have a credible base line to start and then never take several different drivers. I would say its a novice driver in the performance car, but I for one would like to know someone who is capable of pounding the pavement put it through the ringer and come up with some averages then. I would be willing to bet we would have a better article than the 'ho-hum-yawn' that we typically get from some of these magazines.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #18
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
This is Edmunds. I didn't expect any more or less from them and I don't race magazine articles.

I didn't buy (or) order the 1LE because I care what the people that read Edmunds think of me or my car. I know what it can do and what it will do for me!

Matt
Old 04-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #19
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
For me these are the 2 most important statements that I've hear about the Camaro SS.

The first one made me think about upgrading the suspension and dynamics of the car with the 1LE track pack and the second one confirmed that I made the right choice waiting 3 years to do it GM Performance Parts.

Quote: Randy Posbt from The 2009 Car&Driver best Driver’s car Laguna Seca Hot lap.
" Understeer! frustrating understeer. When I got done with my hot laps, I didn't want to drive it anymore. There is hope, potential is what I see here. I just think they've been too conservative at Chevrolet with the handling setup. "

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...#ixzz2QqozMJVB

Quote: Randy Posbt from 2013 Ignition Episode: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE: Best Handling Camaro Ever!
"The Camaro is definitely at home on the race track. Minimal body roll, well controlled for what is essentially a street car. It behave very well as a race car. I’d race this Camaro right now; Frankly. This is the best balanced Camaro yet! "
Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/2013-chevr...on-310955.html

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #20
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Lots of complaining going on about the "negative review"... but those results basically reflect about all the vast majority of owners will be able to achieve.

You want Randy Pobst to put up some handling numbers? Why? You will never be able to duplicate them.

Maybe we could get Evan Smith (if he would actually drive a Camaro) to put up some hero 1/4 mile times that NOBODY will be able to match. They'll look great on paper, though.

I don't know who that test driver is, but he is probably better than most of us. I think those numbers are a pretty accurate representation of what 90% of owners can expect out of the car.

Last edited by Iron Lung Jimmy; 04-18-2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: clarity
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #21
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
The 2013 Chevy Camaro 1LE was born from complaints from only 2 percent of Camaro drivers...

I wonder how they got that info?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #22
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Lots of complaining going on about the "negative review"... but those results basically reflect about all the vast majority of owners will be able to achieve.

You want Randy Pobst to put up some handling numbers? Why? You will never be able to duplicate them.

Maybe we could get Evan Smith (if he would actually drive a Camaro) to put up some hero 1/4 mile times that NOBODY will be able to match. They'll look great on paper, though.

I don't know who that test driver is, but he is probably better than most of us. I think those numbers are a pretty accurate representation of what 90% of owners can expect out of the car.
Understandable but they should at least be able to find a driver that can outdrive the traction control and stabilitrak. They most likely tried it with the nannys off and couldn't get better numbers.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #23
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Understandable but they should at least be able to find a driver that can outdrive the traction control and stabilitrak. They most likely tried it with the nannys off and couldn't get better numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post

This quarter mile test was not done on a semi prepped drag strip but on the front straightaway at Roebling Roads road course on a cool day for a little comparison to other runs that we know to be better in the 1LE. But we also must take into consideration that this car might be a little tight from not be broken in yet along with tires that perform much better on warmer days.

Motorweek has in the past put up some impressive numbers for their test Camaro's especially SLP tuner cars but they used the drag strip in Maryland for all of their numbers gathering tests when weather permitted and Roebling Roads near Savannah, Ga for road course work.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #24
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
The times posted are faster with TC off (as noted in the article). Or am I missing something?
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #25
OverZeaLouS

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS & 16 acura TLX
Going to Edmunds.com for performance car reviews is like going to church for a strip tease. You just don't do it.
OverZeaLouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #26
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
The review was short and to the point, but I thought it was fine.
2SS/RS Black with CGM Rally Stripes (#8575) Built on 8th of May, Delivered 10 June 2009.

camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #27
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Edmunds always has higher 0-60 and quarter times..I find there information to be invalid. I base this off the other many reviews that continually show different and better results...
This is not just the 1LE , they do this with every car. THERE FRAUDS or they just can't Drive..
Maybe they can learn from this guy!!!

http://youtu.be/vYiFiWn38jw
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #28
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Poorer measured results can be blamed at least in part on the venue at which the car was tested. A few hundredths difference in lateral-g or a mph or two in the slalom is not unusual.

I don't think the test driver ever got fully familiar with the car, given his repeated mention of visibility as a handicap.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote