Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
andbro1

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Clutch Shudder

Any folks running a Mantic ER2 single disk have issues with shudder when starting from a dead stop? Doesn't happen always. Seems to be mostly if starting off easy in low RPM and easying into the clutch like in heavy traffic or starting on a steep incline. I've learned to work around it by changing up my techique. However, its a new clutch (aprox. 1200mi) so I want to make sure its nothing I should have the shop double check. Other than that no complaints with it. locks up nicely in all other conditions. Gracias!

ARH LT's & Exhaust|Stage II CAM|CAI Intake|Tune - 467RWHP/442RWTQ
andbro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:51 PM   #2
tonyG

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
know this is an old thread but I just installed a mantic and was having the same problem with shudder. did it ever go away?
tonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:59 PM   #3
vgreid

Drives: 2011 'verte SS
I have a spec clutch in mine and pretty much the same thing. It is better than it was but still shudders at low rpm, when easing away from a stop. I realized that I have to launch it a little more aggressively, with a bit more rpm, quicker release and less time in the friction zone.

In traffic, I drive like I am on my motorcycle, roll it along and come to a full stop only when I really have to. Once in motion, I can let the clutch out at idle.

My brother has a stock clutch in his and is much more forgiving. But mine has character

Last edited by vgreid; 05-24-2016 at 02:40 PM.
vgreid is offline   Reply With Quote