Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #211
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
For now I've been putting it in 2nd gear and after quickly 1st and a quick release of the clutch..works good for now! But this Hill assist is really the worst thing I've ever experienced in a car, seriously.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #212
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I am sure that living in coastal Georgia which is very flat has a lot to do with it, but I have only felt it come on once, and it worked great. No complaints here yet, but we have had the car less than a week.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:52 AM   #213
BadAndy

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
It's a stupid feature. I talked to some rep from GM today about it. She was saying that it's a safety feature but she didn't like when I told her it's the most worthless "feature" you could possibly put on a performance vehicle.

After driving cars with manual transmissions for over 16 years, I really didn't like their answer of "it's something you'll have to learn to adjust to".
BadAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #214
Crand

Drives: away the ladies :(
Send a message via AIM to Crand
I recently took a trip through Northern Arizona and on the road that leads up to a little town called Jerome, a Goldwing took a spill and I was stuck in traffic for a hour on a pretty steep grade. Since I live in Phoenix, I've never been on a hill where HSA engages. On this trip, it made things a hell of a lot easier. Even before I had this car, if I saw a car roll back before accelerating, I always gave it room. Not everybody does that, including this big Ford truck behind me that day. My experience was that HSA worked perfectly. I guess it's hit or miss.

Take a look at this in Google Earth and imagine having to slowly roll up it during 45 minutes in traffic.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=jerom...,+Arizona&z=18
Crand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #215
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
HSA is definitely tied into the yaw sensor, which is located directly beneath the rear cupholder. I've currently disabled my HSA, along with all my electronic nannies, but I don't think anyone will want to do what I did, lol

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:50 AM   #216
SSRS1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
HSA is definitely tied into the yaw sensor, which is located directly beneath the rear cupholder.
Thanks for pinpointing the location OzzySS. I have a different yaw sensor (without lateral-accelerometer) waiting for me to install when I get back from travel this week.

This should kill the HSA without any adverse affects. If all goes well, I'll post a little write-up on it.

Modifications: HSA Elimination - Cold Air Inductions Intake
Solo Performance Mach Cat Back - Skip-Shift Eliminator
SSRS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #217
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crand View Post
I recently took a trip through Northern Arizona and on the road that leads up to a little town called Jerome, a Goldwing took a spill and I was stuck in traffic for a hour on a pretty steep grade. Since I live in Phoenix, I've never been on a hill where HSA engages. On this trip, it made things a hell of a lot easier. Even before I had this car, if I saw a car roll back before accelerating, I always gave it room. Not everybody does that, including this big Ford truck behind me that day. My experience was that HSA worked perfectly. I guess it's hit or miss.

Take a look at this in Google Earth and imagine having to slowly roll up it during 45 minutes in traffic.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=jerom...,+Arizona&z=18
Nobody is saying that there aren't any situations where it would be helpful (noting that the severity of the situations where it will be found helpful will vary among different people).

Only that you should not be forced to have it without the ability to turn it off.

FWIW, in a 45 minute uphill slog, there is no need to creep forward a foot or two just because the moron in front of you thinks he's making real progress by doing so. Eventually, even the moron behind you will catch on (and if we're really lucky, he'll remember it).

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #218
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS1LE View Post
Thanks for pinpointing the location OzzySS. I have a different yaw sensor (without lateral-accelerometer) waiting for me to install when I get back from travel this week.

This should kill the HSA without any adverse affects. If all goes well, I'll post a little write-up on it.
N/p. I thought about doing the same. Let me know how it works out for ya!

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #219
Crand

Drives: away the ladies :(
Send a message via AIM to Crand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Only that you should not be forced to have it without the ability to turn it off.
I've noticed that's the way all things work these days. Cars, Google, Windows, etc. Forced progress, right? If your opinion doesn't match at least 50% of the whole, your opinion is irrelevant. The customer should always be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
FWIW, in a 45 minute uphill slog, there is no need to creep forward a foot or two
It wasn't like that. Nobody could see around the curve so everyone was clueless which resulted in a random car turning around every five minutes. Believe me, there's nothing I hate more than people who come to a stoplight and creep... creep.... creep....... I stay put until it's time to move.
Crand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #220
BadAndy

Ugh...HSA struck again today. Trying to pull out of the grocery store parking lot, almost stalled after waiting a couple seconds because it didn't release and then almost launched into traffic trying to keep it from stalling!

This POS feature is going to cause me safety issues versus preventing one. I'm still pissed that their solution is to get used to it.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #221
SSRS1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
N/p. I thought about doing the same. Let me know how it works out for ya!
It worked! I installed the yaw-sensor used in automatic Camaros this evening, and have successfully banished the Hill-Nanny. Everything else works as normal.

Part number 13578326 on the right is the new sensor which lacks the longitudinal-accelerometer that triggers HSA.

Now Hill-Nanny can go live with Skip-Shift Nanny in exile.

SSRS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #222
Combover

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS1LE View Post
It worked! I installed the yaw-sensor used in automatic Camaros this evening, and have successfully banished the Hill-Nanny. Everything else works as normal.

Part number 13578326 on the right is the new sensor which lacks the longitudinal-accelerometer that triggers HSA.

Now Hill-Nanny can go live with Skip-Shift Nanny in exile.
I would like to more about this - cost, install difficulty, etc. I would really like to know that changing it out only affects the HSA.
Combover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #223
BadAndy

Definitely need more details!!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #224
BadAndy

Interesting. From newgmparts.com