Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
Ladykiller

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Want to upgrade the MyLink from w/o Nav to w/ Nav. Can it be done?

So I bought a 2013 ZL1 w/o navigation because I did not think it was worth an $795 upgrade. Now that I got my car, I just can't find a happy spot for my Garmin GPS navigation and I don't care for using the navigation on my phone either. So now I am wishing I had bought the navigation option ..... doh.

So is there any way to upgrade from my current Chevrolet MyLink™1 with 7" diagonal color touch screen to the Chevrolet MyLink™1 with navigation? If so, how much will this cost? And how easy/hard is it to do?
Ladykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
Bargeratt

Drives: ZL1, Rally Yellow
Good question. I did the same thing. Did not think it was something I needed due to not planning on taking the car on far trips but now have used on star to find places more than once. I think I just might keep on star with navi.
Bargeratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
I use the Bluetooth and Google maps from my phone. It interrupts the radio to give directions only, then right back to the music......just like standard OEM NAV would. I really can't justify getting NAV in a car anymore.
2005 CTS-V SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2010 CTS-V SOLD
2012 CTS-V coupe SOLD
2013 ZL1 vert SOLD
2016 Callaway Z06 SOLD
2019 Z06 SOLD

"I lived my life by one motto.......mottos are for losers" cvp33
cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladykiller View Post
So I bought a 2013 ZL1 w/o navigation because I did not think it was worth an $795 upgrade. Now that I got my car, I just can't find a happy spot for my Garmin GPS navigation and I don't care for using the navigation on my phone either. So now I am wishing I had bought the navigation option ..... doh.

So is there any way to upgrade from my current Chevrolet MyLink™1 with 7" diagonal color touch screen to the Chevrolet MyLink™1 with navigation? If so, how much will this cost? And how easy/hard is it to do?
I looked into adding the NAV in my car after I got it because it was on constraint. The NAV is factory install only and not worth tying to convert. I have all the part numbers but you would have to have it all reprogrammed and parts cost are high plus the install is very costly. I waited and got the NAV.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Yes, you can add navigation to the factory system. Here is one company that makes it. http://www.mocar.us/navigation-oe-in...vy-gmc/camaro/

When I looked into it 6 months ago it was around $1500 for the full install. I didn't look hard for a way to buy it without paying someone to install it.
It has been discussed on the forum before and some people have had it done.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:

Hello Ladykiller,

Have you had the opportunity to speak with your dealer about you options with upgrading your navigation system? If not, I can investigate that for you more. I would need you to private message me your VIN and your dealer's information.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #7
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello Ladykiller,

Have you had the opportunity to speak with your dealer about you options with upgrading your navigation system? If not, I can investigate that for you more. I would need you to private message me your VIN and your dealer's information.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Yes, I did talk to the dealer 3 of them, and they said it would be a high cost and was factory only. Yes there are many after market NAVs out there that you can upgrade to.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #8
Ladykiller

I have not talked to them as of yet, but I will probably get over there some time this week. I'll message you my VIN and dealers info later.

Thanks!

Quote:
Hello Ladykiller,

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
I have not talked to them as of yet, but I will probably get over there some time this week. I'll message you my VIN and dealers info later.

Thanks!
Sounds great Ladykiller, I look forward to your pm.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #10
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Hello Ladykiller,

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
GM and Chevrolet both will say that it's not possible.

Also - 2SSRS should be coming out with something to do this soon.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #11
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Have you checked out http://www.proclipusa.com/ ?

Here's my proclip setup. (though I don't think my particular mount is compatible with 2012+ newer Camaros due to the leather trim on the dash.)

I have the Garmin 50LM that I bought for $100 on sale. Lifetime maps for free and works awesome! The proclip ran me around $60 I believe.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #12
Asanti

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
There are other posts on this subject. I had the aftermarket version professionally installed and couldn't be happier with it. You can find details on my install, who did it, cost, etc. in another post.
Asanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:41 AM   #13
AZ2SSRS

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvp33 View Post
I use the Bluetooth and Google maps from my phone. It interrupts the radio to give directions only, then right back to the music......just like standard OEM NAV would. I really can't justify getting NAV in a car anymore.
Ditto. The factory nav will set you back over $700 and you will have to pay GM for future map updates. The recent update for the nav in my wife's 2010 CTS was priced at $150.
AZ2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #14
Ladykiller

Quote:

Hello Ladykiller,

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Still awaiting your response. I sent you PM's with the required info.