Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-08-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
Drew NOel
Drew Noel

Drives: '13 1SS 1LE AGM
Non RS to HID conversion Auto Running Lights Problem!!!!!

So on auto mode - my drl lights come on which is my Eagle Eyes with a HID upgrade. The issue is is when they turn on only one light turns on (assuming there's not enough power - as it's normally supposed to be lower power low beams running as the DRL)

Any way to fix this? I would love the auto DRL to switch on my running lights if possible since my halos and lower port LEDs are all hooked into them.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas - It's annoying to constantly turn the lights on and off - and if I forget having only 1 headlight come on - causing people to tell me my headlights out!

-Drew
Old 07-08-2013, 04:12 AM   #2
SgtPickles69
Team LFX

Drives: Fast
Assuming there is not enough power, you might want to try using a relay harness for your HID kit.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
Drew NOel
Drew Noel

Drives: '13 1SS 1LE AGM
Yeah - I could do that and maybe I will - but what I'm really asking is if there's any way to switch the auto drl from the headlights to the running lights?
Old 07-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #4
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Yes there is.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #5
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Get with 2SSRS....he can get you a harness that will kill your DRL altogether or probably be able to make your halo rings the DRL if you want.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #6
spectre20

Drives: 2013 2SS RS
similar problem

Hi I have a similar problem as described here. Basically I have the 1LT with Eagle Eye projectors and HIDs. The HIDs flicker or do not turn on because of the DRLs. I now have to remember to turn the light off manually every damn time I start the car. I also do not wish to mutilate the switch spring itself as others have recommended (this does not seem like a real solution). I am excited to see that they now offer a harness that can enable the fogs or running lights to act as DRLs instead of the headlights as I could not find a solution to this problem last time I checked. My halos are hooked into the foglights too so that would be cool to have the halos and fogs as DRLs. Is there a website to look up this harness or do I just message 2ssrs?
Thanks.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #7
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
For what it's worth when I had my 2010 I had HIDs installed in factory housings with a harness. I always had a bunch of problems. I then changed out to projectors that ran H7's with no harness. I was still having some problems and blowing out ballasts. I was always using the newer slim ballasts. I swapped out to the bigger ballasts and never had another problem even with auto lights on.
SNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #8
Wraithier

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
I have a relay harness from TRS installed with no issues, DRLs don't flicker or anything. I'd say a relay is the way to go.
Wraithier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #9
Bauer2

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
Defiantly need a relay harness. Basically you're lights will always be on but they will work just fine in auto.

Sent from the future!!
Bauer2 is offline   Reply With Quote