Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #57
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I think you made a good decision, I can't wait on thise pics
Old 07-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #58
Del's12SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Congrats Dave..... Leave tomorrow and drive back through Indy for the Fest this weekend
Old 07-30-2013, 10:40 PM   #59
Bowtiepower00

Drives: Previous Camaros: 69, 89, 11, 13
Dave,

Congrats! You are going to absolutely LOVE the car. My biggest piece of advice, is to take a day and buff out and wax the entire body out to remove any swirls, etc, that are likely there. This depends on how picky you are, but if you are like me, it will only take one crappy dealer wash to cover the body with swirls, that are only visible in direct sunlight, but will drive you crazy if you are OCD like some of us. A good detail with the right products, as well as a good coat of quality wax will make the paint look much better.

Again, congrats on your dream car, good to see you got exactly what you wanted, so you have no regrets in the future. It's amazing the difference a good dealer can make! Many of them are absolutely clueless.
Bowtiepower00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:22 AM   #60
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Happy for you !!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a safe trip, and enjoy your new ride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:10 AM   #61
White Shark

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I wanted the v8 power and sound.....inferno orange with white stripes..2ss rs I could not be any happier, people are right, get what you want ...don't fall for the get the v6 and mod it stuff, get the v8 muscle that you want
I agree, I bought a 2011 LS M6 and put some mods on it, then 2 years later traded for a 2013 SS and wish I would have done that in the beginning.
White Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:47 PM   #62
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert View Post
congrats on the purchase...
driving a coupe= okay
Driving a vert= priceless!!!
Congrats on the new vert. Enjoy your trip back with the top down. Get the windscreen if it did not come with it. Quiet with little wind at 70+ with the windscreen and the windows up. Be sure to use your tonneau for long top down drives.

Last edited by SS PANTHER; 07-31-2013 at 04:48 PM. Reason: added a sentence
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #63
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
It is funny to have people recommend me things I don't want when I specifically stated two things I must have are vert and 8 cyl. I appreciate all the feedback, though. I get that everyone has their desires. Mine was a mucle car - v8, standard, vert. Those were non negotiable.

I pulled the trigger! And I want to thank everyone who told me not to settle and be willing to travel. I almost pulled the trigger this past weekend at the local dealer for a 1SS without the RS package. They wouldn't work much with me on price. If they had, I may have bit. I was anxious to pick it up this week and have it for next week on my vaca. I emailed the sales guy today and told him I went elsewhere due to being unhappy with the price they offered.

After deciding I might be willing to travel for the right car, I found one a few states over. About 7-8 hours drive. I just finished all the paperwork and will fly down next week to drive it back. Killer price. Killer. Highly rated dealer, too. I'm very happy and excited.

Black - V8 vert - 2SS
Leather interior with the inferno orange (I love it)
RS package!
Dual exhaust!
Had a few other features, too, like GPS nav, but for the price I got it for I'm not complaining. Performance shifter too.

I'll post some pics soon.

I'm on vacation for two weeks and I'm thinking of flying down Tuesday or Thursday, so I'll still have a full week and a half to drive it around. I'll likely put a few thousand miles on it during my vacation.

I'll post some pictures soon.

I am so glad you didn't go with Clay Chevy on the automile. Think twice about having them service it. They have been awful with my car. As in: I had to give the shop information on basic things on the car, and they still screwed up. As in they actually put a front tire on a rear rim and vice-versa, and then told me no, the wheels are all the same width. And they damaged my wheels too.

Try Cadillac Village at the rotary in Norwood. Talk to Paul Tressler. He's an up front guy and easy to deal with. I bring my Camaro to them for service. Will not ever go back to Clay Chevy. Central Buick GMC is no better
Old 07-31-2013, 07:09 PM   #64
RipCityCoug

Drives: 2010 2SS, Black w/ Black Stripes
I would definitely give a lightly used 2SS a serious look, I'm definitely glad I did. My budget was going to allow me to either get a new 2LT or a used 2SS and going used was definitely worth it. I agree with lots of people on here too saying that the RS pack is definitely worth it. I'm always driving with the halos on instead of the DRLs.
RipCityCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #65
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
Got her! 500 miles on her now thanks to the ride home. Loved it, though.

DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #66
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
dave, i am looking at the V6 myself as i want better mileage as daily driver. as you live in boston, i live in kansas city, and we get snow. for a vert, i wonder if that will be a maint. issue. my wallet, i can afford a 2014 1lt vert or 2lt coupe, however, there are some 2lt verts that are 2013 with gm rebate that may be in my range, on top end. i dont want RS, i want all season tires too. i dont need 400 hp as i dont know where you could use it, speed limt here is 70, and the v6 will do that. unless you are going to race the car, the power to me seems like overkill. but to each his own.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #67
DaveA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
dave, i am looking at the V6 myself as i want better mileage as daily driver. as you live in boston, i live in kansas city, and we get snow. for a vert, i wonder if that will be a maint. issue. my wallet, i can afford a 2014 1lt vert or 2lt coupe, however, there are some 2lt verts that are 2013 with gm rebate that may be in my range, on top end. i dont want RS, i want all season tires too. i dont need 400 hp as i dont know where you could use it, speed limt here is 70, and the v6 will do that. unless you are going to race the car, the power to me seems like overkill. but to each his own.
My wife and I decided we would keep our little Aveo as a commuting / spare car. It's dirt cheap to run and maintain. So the snow is a non issue. I also have access to my mother-in-law's AWD car as she stays at our house all week to watch our two twins.

You kind of nail it with the 'two each his own'. I can't tell you what to get. Just make a list of what you want. I made a list of 'Must haves' and a list of 'Would like to haves'. Must have for me was 8cyl, vert, and black.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #68
DaveA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Congratulations

Tell us more?
1SS or 2SS?
Any options?
2013 black vert
Inferno orange interior
2SS
manual
RS package
GPS nav
heated seats (didn't need but wife will like)
Old 08-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #69
DaveA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post

Try Cadillac Village at the rotary in Norwood. Talk to Paul Tressler. He's an up front guy and easy to deal with. I bring my Camaro to them for service. Will not ever go back to Clay Chevy. Central Buick GMC is no better
What about warranty work? I need a good Chevrolet dealership in this state! Man, I hate Quirk, too. Hate them. Real bad experience buying a used car from them a few years back. I'm tempted to send Mr. Quirk a letter with copies of what we paid for 1) Kia Sorrento 2013 (new), 2) Kia Sportgage 2013 (new), 3) Chevrolet Camaro (new). I'm a big believer in repeat business and Mr. Quirk lost a customer for life, along with me telling everyone of my bad experience there as well.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #70
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
very very nice car. congrats. i am still shopping and the way i end of deciding, the 2016 models will probalby be on the lots by then.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote