Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #15
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
I have Pfadt sport sway bar working with my stock endlinks for almost a year with no problems so far.

Are they expected to bend on normal street driving or competitive driving or they will bend anyway ??
For everyday use, you'll probably be ok. Just know that the stiffer bars will increase the stress on the stock endlinks under any circumstance. There are people running stock endlinks with any of the bars available and many have them haven't had a problem. It's always a possibility though.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #16
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
For everyday use, you'll probably be ok. Just know that the stiffer bars will increase the stress on the stock endlinks under any circumstance. There are people running stock endlinks with any of the bars available and many have them haven't had a problem. It's always a possibility though.
Something I like about Pfadt sway bar, it is lighter than stock but yet the difference in size is not that much.

Thats why I feel that this sway bar in specific is not pushing the stock endlinks hard.

I dont know, but its only a feeling
Old 11-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #17
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Something I like about Pfadt sway bar, it is lighter than stock but yet the difference in size is not that much.

Thats why I feel that this sway bar in specific is not pushing the stock endlinks hard.

I dont know, but its only a feeling
The Pfadt sways are actually substantially stiffer than the OEM bars and I suggest using the Pfadt endlinks. I've seen OEM links break on the street...

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #18
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
The Pfadt sways are actually substantially stiffer than the OEM bars and I suggest using the Pfadt endlinks. I've seen OEM links break on the street...

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Well I have BMR endlinks in a box stored in my garage for almost 3 weeks now.

I better find some time to replace those OEM links .
Old 11-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #19
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Thanks for all of the responses guys. Glad people are on top of it.

Quote:
I have Pfadt sport sway bar working with my stock endlinks for almost a year with no problems so far.

Are they expected to bend on normal street driving or competitive driving or they will bend anyway ??
I do not expect any OEM link to bend eventually, this is more just so people area aware that some people HAVE seen them bend. GM increased the thickness of the front links a fair bit on the new suspension, but you can't really blame them for designing a part for their own requirements, and NOT that of the aftermarket.

The bottom line is that the stock links, when used as design will have no problems, but some people with upgraded sways have had problems, especially in competition on a road course. If you are ever concerned about it, that is why we make upgrades:thumb up:

Thanks for choosing Pfadt!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #20
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
I have pfadt sways...one nute off and one about to come off. What torque should they be fastened to? And where can we order nylon nuts or nuts with locks?
Old 09-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #21
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
I have pfadt sways...one nute off and one about to come off. What torque should they be fastened to? And where can we order nylon nuts or nuts with locks?
Take an endlink off and stop by your local Fastenal. A nyloc or quenched nut will do the job, but they are single use style fasteners. With all suspension bolts and nuts LocTitie is your friend.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #22
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Take an endlink off and stop by your local Fastenal. A nyloc or quenched nut will do the job, but they are single use style fasteners. With all suspension bolts and nuts LocTitie is your friend.
Thanks.... I am aware of one time use... I'm hoping it will just stay on for at least a few months.

So loctite and skip removing the endlink and bringing it to a fasenal? Will try!!!