Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #15
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Got ya. You mean like clunking?

I actually sent him a PM earlier today because I saw that he sold his. Just waiting on a response.

Haha
Not sure on the noise, probably clunking. I have that sound to when I hit patched asphalt on my street but think its the drop springs as the sound can come from the back also and stock links back there. And the sound was 3 months after the springs were put in which was way after the sways and links.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #16
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
I'll know soon enough. Bought the set off of ddunerider. Just waiting on some replacement nylock nuts from Proven Wicked. I've ordered from them before and they have great customer service. They are now offering rubber boots for street use and those are on the way too. Hope I don't have any "clunking" issues with Pfadt sway bars and drop springs.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #17
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroost View Post
I'll know soon enough. Bought the set off of ddunerider. Just waiting on some replacement nylock nuts from Proven Wicked. I've ordered from them before and they have great customer service. They are now offering rubber boots for street use and those are on the way too. Hope I don't have any "clunking" issues with Pfadt sway bars and drop springs.
okay cool, keep us updated if you can. very curious about these.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:01 PM   #18
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Yes keep us up to date. As mine could be that maybe the rubber boots may help
Old 09-14-2013, 02:19 AM   #19
gotroost

Will do! Dont really know how they would cause any noise unless they were improperly installed or bound up with grit. I suspect it is more of an issue with drop springs that weren't allowed to settle correctly. I will be installing next weekend and tracking 2 weeks after that.

My drop springs made some clunking sounds until I got them aligned properly in the seats and they settled in. No noise now and the end links only connect the sways to the frame. No rocket science if the are adjusted to the correct length and don't bind.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #20
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Will do! Dont really know how they would cause any noise unless they were improperly installed or bound up with grit. I suspect it is more of an issue with drop springs that weren't allowed to settle correctly. I will be installing next weekend and tracking 2 weeks after that.

My drop springs made some clunking sounds until I got them aligned properly in the seats and they settled in. No noise now and the end links only connect the sways to the frame. No rocket science if the are adjusted to the correct length and don't bind.
Yeah, my springs are set perfectly, bars are tight, maybe the links said not to have a problem as new design..lol
I dont mind much as to the noise on patched up pavement. If I do I'll watch to see how the new Hotchkis ones pan out, if its the links. But as they say all the stiffer parts will make some noise I guess
Old 09-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #21
gotroost

Quote:

My Proven Wicked end links have been on for about 200 miles now. No issues. Biggest hassle was installing the boots. Had to resort to needle nose pliers, but i didn't rip them. BTW - the didn't recommend any grease under the boots.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #22
CoyoteRiverRacing

Drives: 2010 Pace Car
I bought one of the first sets of links for my 2010. They feel like jelewry in your hands.

The last time I talked to shane he was in CA building a trophy truck for Robby Woods Racing.

I will have to check out the boots, must have.

Roost, any pics?
CoyoteRiverRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #23
gotroost

Sorry, no pics of the boots until I get my car back off the ground. They fit tight and used a small zip tie to seal up the end by the main shaft. The end on the threaded shaft was plenty tight. Contact Shane. Got mine relatively cheap, but they aren't on his site yet.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #24
CoyoteRiverRacing

Drives: 2010 Pace Car
Yea, I just got a text from him. He confirmed it and gave me the price.

I googled them and found the pics.

Thanks for quick reply.

Robby is based out of ND, I was thinking of something else, senior moment (Is it really a senoir moment if it becomes routine?) Someone take my keys, I've had way to much work to drive.
CoyoteRiverRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #25
gotroost

I'm totally satisfied with the Proven Wicked end links. They have been through two track days (four 20 minute sessions each day) and have driven back and forth to work all week while in street config. No issues or clunking! I just wish they were more visible since they look like pieces of art.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #26
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Will their end links with SS sway bars help a V6 car? I have stock SS sways that I got for free. Will these end links even fit the stock bars? and if so will the change be noticeable on a V6?
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #27
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
I'm totally satisfied with the Proven Wicked end links. They have been through two track days (four 20 minute sessions each day) and have driven back and forth to work all week while in street config. No issues or clunking! I just wish they were more visible since they look like pieces of art.
Rod-ends tend to rattle rather than clunk as wear first begins to develop.

What you're more likely to experience before that assuming a year-round daily driven car is squeaking or groaning. I have rod-ended endlinks on my car (obviously not those Proven Wicked part numbers), and without boots working a shot or two of WD-40 into each ball & socket every once in a while keeps them quiet (I wipe the excess). They have never rattled in over 3 years. I would expect PW's endlinks to hold up equally well.

Now you've got me wondering if those boots would fit my UMI endlinks.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #28
gotroost

I would check with Shane at Proven Wicked. He can get busy with the shop, but normally responds to e-mails in a timely manner.