Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-02-2013, 01:01 AM   #1
Kiwi_Camaro_2010

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS 2010 L99
Anyone installed the Prothane subframe bushing insert kit

Hi Guy's, just looking for info from anyone who has installed the prothane subframe bushing insert kit. I have searched through some threads but haven't found much in regard to this brand. Does anyone know if they fit straight in or do they require modification or other parts need modding to make them fit properly as they do look different than the pedders kit etc. Any help appreciated.
Camaro 2SS/RS 2010 / L99 / Whipple SC /Dynatech Headers & Catts (gutted), ID 850 injectors, ZL1 fuel pump +BAP & ADM pump controller, ZR1 3Bar MAP, Dual Elite Catch Cans, 91 octane ,Eibach sway bar kit , Driveshaft loop, oil cooler delete, ADM dual gauges (AFR/Boost) LC1 wideband controller, D/D, ARP stud kit ,Callies forged slayer crank 3.622", callies ultra rods, wiseco forged pistons, L99-LS3, rollmaster double row steel timing set & comps cam timing cover,blower cam 630/660 lift,3/8 pushrods, pac gear 8deg, yella terra ultra lites. LS9 head gaskets. Texas speed custom oil pump. Asm by me.
Kiwi_Camaro_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #2
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
I have the whole prothane kit, every single bushing in the car has been changed. Car feels more stable, but of course you will get more road noise. Great mod.

Dont know how install went cause i didnt do the install, but shouldnt be any different from the other bushing companies.

-2016 Camaro SS- Hyper Blue
Vortech Supercharged
Duraflex Grid Widebody Kit
Carbon Creations GridCarbon Fiber
Custom InfiniteWerks Wheels
Kooks Full System
VeraAir Digital Air Suspension
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:29 AM   #3
Kiwi_Camaro_2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
I have the whole prothane kit, every single bushing in the car has been changed. Car feels more stable, but of course you will get more road noise. Great mod.

Dont know how install went cause i didnt do the install, but shouldnt be any different from the other bushing companies.
Only reason I'm checking is that I did see 1 post somewhere that said that the inserts were cheap but needed modifying to make them fit properly & was a pain to install compared to the more expensive insert kits. Just don't want any surprises halfway through install with subframe hangin down as is my daily driver.
Camaro 2SS/RS 2010 / L99 / Whipple SC /Dynatech Headers & Catts (gutted), ID 850 injectors, ZL1 fuel pump +BAP & ADM pump controller, ZR1 3Bar MAP, Dual Elite Catch Cans, 91 octane ,Eibach sway bar kit , Driveshaft loop, oil cooler delete, ADM dual gauges (AFR/Boost) LC1 wideband controller, D/D, ARP stud kit ,Callies forged slayer crank 3.622", callies ultra rods, wiseco forged pistons, L99-LS3, rollmaster double row steel timing set & comps cam timing cover,blower cam 630/660 lift,3/8 pushrods, pac gear 8deg, yella terra ultra lites. LS9 head gaskets. Texas speed custom oil pump. Asm by me.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
We installed them on a 2011 SS a couple weeks ago. They went in just fine and did not require and modification. Prothane makes good bushings at a fraction of the cost of others. I would definitely recommend them. We are still in the process of getting their products loaded on our website, but if you call, PM or email me, we can definitely get you a good price on them. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
Kiwi_Camaro_2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
We installed them on a 2011 SS a couple weeks ago. They went in just fine and did not require and modification. Prothane makes good bushings at a fraction of the cost of others. I would definitely recommend them. We are still in the process of getting their products loaded on our website, but if you call, PM or email me, we can definitely get you a good price on them. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Hey Tyler, thanks for that, just what I was hoping to here as I was only visually comparing them off the internet & they look slightly different to other makes in pic's
Old 10-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
All bushings are not created equal.

User / Owner Video

PEDDERS

Putnam Park Danny Popp driving the Pedderised L/28.

Any questions?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote