Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #15
ZeroC

Drives: 18 2SS LT4 Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAP2011RSRAGTOP View Post
I HAVE SEEN AND HEARD ALOT ABOUT WHAT IS COVERED WITH THE CONVERIBLE TOP MECHANICAL ASSY ETC. ON THE EXTENDED WARRANTY.

IT WOULD BE NICE TO HEAR FROM A GM CUSTOMER SERVICE REP TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION AND PUT IT TO REST.

ARE THE TOP MECHANICAL PARTS COVERED OR NOT ?

THANKS, ROGER.
Ditto everyone from gm says no to me
ZeroC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:21 PM   #16
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
The GM rep will not post here. They don't want anything in writing. The rep working with me will not send me an email for the same reason.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #17
Ramblewood98

Drives: 12' 2LT RS Rally Yellow 'vert
So they tell you it's covered,but won't put it in writing and won't even email that it's covered....THAT TELLS ME ITS NOT COVERED!!! Why not just own up to the fact that you made a shitty assembly and back your product...I can now see why people buy foreign!
Ramblewood98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:38 AM   #18
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Despite having spoken with a GMPP representative last week about what, specifically, the GMPP covers in reference to our 5th Gen. Camaro Convertible tops, and despite having been assured that everything except the actual cloth or vinyl top would be covered, the uncertainty of everyone involved in any "reply department", including several different documents stating certain parts of the convertible top either are or are not covered, in conflict to what was explained to me by the GMPP rep., has started me thinking in the direction of divesting myself of my 'vert this Summer.

Once my 'vert is out of warranty, my choices are to either battle GM to repair the top or at least for assistance in repairing (a) KNOWN problem(s) with 2011 / early 2012 MY convertible tops or, pay for the repairs myself. I don't want to pay a couple of grand to repair a problem only for another problem to arise (such as being told the top or 5th bow repair / replacement had no bearing on the water management bags leaking).

In order to sell my 'vert once a top problem develops, I'd have to pay (what I'm confident would amount to a healthy sum) for repairs out of pocket or let it go as-is. The car only has 4,500 miles on it. Either way, I'd be taking a loss.

Sometimes it's better to cut ones losses before they continue to grow larger.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Last edited by Baba; 04-08-2014 at 07:02 AM.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:57 AM   #19
punkindave
The Great Punkin

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblewood98 View Post
I can now see why people buy foreign!
What makes you think they're any different?? Nissan 350z Roadsters had some top issues that were seldom resolved fully (even under warranty) but were corrected in later models. If I remember well there were similar unresolved issues with Boxsters.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:21 PM   #20
imnuts

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS convertible
well got my car back today and yes they replaced the whole damn top this time. they said for some reason it is snagging on the rear quarter speaker and had to replace that as well as a new bladder and seals. hopefully that will solve my problem.
imnuts is offline   Reply With Quote