Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-20-2015, 10:47 PM   #1
CsVegas

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro
Send a message via Skype™ to CsVegas
Thumbs down Relay Clicking Noise under Steering Column

All,
I need some assistance with my 2010 Camaro, it has over 118K miles. The system is clicking on/off as if the lock/unlock button on the remote is being pressed to lock/unlocking the car. All the exterior lights come on/off as if it was being locked and unlocked. The issue was intermittent a couple of weeks ago and drained the battery. I got a jump and the issue did not show back until this morning when I woke up the car was completely dead. I jump started it and went to O'Reilly Auto store. They were able to check to alternator which was fine and found the battery to have dead cells. I purchased a new battery but now the issue is continues. Tonight, I disconnected the negative terminal to prevent the new battery from any damage from possible a short in the system.
Has anyone had this issue and/or can anyone make some troubleshooting recommendations? Any and all assistance greatly appreciated. I have attached two recordings to try to isolate the issue.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CamaroClicking_2Files.zip (141.0 KB, 91 views)
CsVegas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clicking, draining battery, system short