Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-12-2015, 06:14 PM   #99
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
I sent NoviStrech a comment, my contact info, and a reference to this forum post to let them know there is a problem. Let's see what happens...

BTW, I had the mirror covers and they did the same thing...

-Don
Crap really hammdo? The mirrors too? Yeah I have no intentions of ever using it again. I drove back to Maryland (700 miles) without it and only suffered one little nick that would have missed the mask anyway. I also sent them an email. Lets see what they have to say? Since there is more than one of us with the same issue it at least makes me feel as though i didn't do anything wrong? I mean the instructions were very easy to understand and the installation was very easy? Lets see what happens
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:39 PM   #100
Imdyinhere
Keeper of the Gold Acorn

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
Crap really hammdo? The mirrors too? Yeah I have no intentions of ever using it again. I drove back to Maryland (700 miles) without it and only suffered one little nick that would have missed the mask anyway. I also sent them an email. Lets see what they have to say? Since there is more than one of us with the same issue it at least makes me feel as though i didn't do anything wrong? I mean the instructions were very easy to understand and the installation was very easy? Lets see what happens
I really hate hearing that th is happened to so many people. Someone in my club had the same thing happen to him although he hasn't posted here. I am glad however that I am not alone.

I also sent them an email. I am hoping that if enough people contact them, they will be put under pressure to make things right.
2011 RJT 2SS/RS - Kooks 1-7/8 Long Tubes, High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, MTI Short Throw Shifter, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Fasster Billet Fuel Rails & Custom Braided Vapor and Fuel Lines, CAI Cold Air Intake, RX Catch Can, Nitto Invos, Hawk HPS, BMR Trailing Arms, 2x Zapco ST4x-SQ amps, ST850x-II Sub amp, Morel Tempo 6 componenets, Morel Maximo 6x9, Morel 124 Primo Sub, Zapco DSP8Z Processor... More to Come.
Imdyinhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:18 PM   #101
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Yep, mirrors too. Gotta get some buffing done on them too...

Really sucks...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:49 PM   #102
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
You have that problem I have a problem getting all this rubber off the back lol. Managed to get most of it off but still can feel some bits and pieces of what left then you got the wheel well which I'm not going to get into that.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:59 PM   #103
z28-conv

Quote:
Yep, mirrors too. Gotta get some buffing done on them too...

Really sucks...

-Don
ATT Hammdo and Imdyinhere .

I have not responded yet But I got a reply from (ANDREW) from Novistretch. He is going to send me a full refund for 150$ and another 150$ to have the car detailed and buffed out. He also asked me a bunch of questions. In the e-mail he said they did extensive testing in all kinds of conditions ( including rain) and that should not cause these issues.

If there is anyone else out there that has experienced these issues I would contact Andrew at Novistretch right away. He is definitely doing the right thing by addressing these issues right away as well as being very concerned about our experiences.

Those of you who have seen my upsidedown pictures. Are you rub marks/ scratches in the exact same area as mine? Just curious if they(scratches/rub marks) are consistent? I will email Andrew back tomorrow. He also would of course want to mask returned so he can analyze it to see what happened. He is also curious when I purchased it and from where to see if there may have been a bad batch produced. Hope this helps all of you guys
Old 08-12-2015, 09:04 PM   #104
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
I had the mirror covers and mask on for the drive down. 4 hrs of rain and I do not see any scratches on my car. I will take a better look tomorrow.

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:13 PM   #105
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Yep same area. I even had the car detailed and paint protection before hand. I'll call them tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up...

-Don
Old 08-12-2015, 09:17 PM   #106
z28-conv

Quote:
Yep same area. I even had the car detailed and paint protection before hand. I'll call them tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up...

-Don
Yeah I had mine detailed before I left too. Andrew did mention in his email that two others from C5fest emailed him about the same issue. So he will most likely be contacting both of you guys too

Anton
Old 08-13-2015, 09:44 AM   #107
Imdyinhere
Keeper of the Gold Acorn

For those follwing along with the Novistretch Mask issue...

I also received an email from Andrew with the same offer of reconciliation. I replied back and am awaiting his response. Nice to see such a quick follow up. Stay tuned.
2011 RJT 2SS/RS - Kooks 1-7/8 Long Tubes, High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, MTI Short Throw Shifter, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Fasster Billet Fuel Rails & Custom Braided Vapor and Fuel Lines, CAI Cold Air Intake, RX Catch Can, Nitto Invos, Hawk HPS, BMR Trailing Arms, 2x Zapco ST4x-SQ amps, ST850x-II Sub amp, Morel Tempo 6 componenets, Morel Maximo 6x9, Morel 124 Primo Sub, Zapco DSP8Z Processor... More to Come.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:59 AM   #108
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Beyond the Corvette plant/museum (both awesome), we couldn't find much to do in Bowling Green beyond shopping malls.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:06 AM   #109
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
This was the first long range CamaroVan for me since it was in our backyard last year in Baytown, Texas. The total miles for me was 2,009 but the drive was awesome, lots of beautiful scenery of what we could see... lol The rain the second day was horrible, we had some white knuckling driving to say the least and the truckers were not very kind to us. It was awesome to meet up with some of the other Clubs, we picked up some folks from Dallas in Texarkana, and then we were able to team up with Bluff City Camaro Club out of Memphis. So that was a blast!! "Oh you have a Camaro? I think we are best friends!!"

The event was awesome, there was a lot to do! Unfortunately, for me, as I'm sure it is with other dual racers, (Drag Racing & CamaroCross) there is just so much to do in so little time. Wish this could be a 3 day event! lol

CamaroCross was amazing as always, thanks to Pete and his crew for running such an awesome event!

Drag Racing was a blast, even though I got my butt spanked by all the amazing and awesome V8's, but I was just tickled to death to be even on the same track with them! Only negative I could say about the Drag Racing, is that it was very hard to hear, and there was no definite schedule that I was aware of, but I still had a blast! Thanks to Robert and Merc, and all the others who assisted with this!

The Plant Tour was top notch! Thanks Mike Lee for setting this up for us! It gave me a better appreciation to what goes into these cars. Just wished I would of been able to make the National Corvette Museum Tour. And I hope one year we can see how our cars are made! hint, hint... lol

The Parking Lot Parties were fun, it was amazing to see all the different Camaro's, and to meeting new folks!

Thanks to Rodger's Chevrolet for the Welcome Party and food!

The venue was perfect. The drive to the track was beautiful, everything was close I thought. It was awesome everywhere you drove you saw Camaro's, so that was neat! Even at the Car Wash at 6:30 am!

Thanks to Tag and his wife for making our AMAZING shirts and stickers, and supplying us with all the Camaro Fest Goodies!!

Thank you very much to the Chevrolet Team for bringing out the 6th Gen Camaro!!! Its was so bad azz in person! And that Hyper Blue!!! WHOA!! I was able to see Al speak for a few min before I had to race again, but unfortunately I missed him that night. I was able to meet Mike Judge! And he signed my car!! So that was definitely a high light!! ;D

Thank you to Phastek for all the AWESOME pictures as well!!!

And last I need to give a shout out and a very big thank you to a very nice Camaro IBM owner, Eric I think his name is from Pennsylvania, stopped to help me on the side of the road. My oil cap was missing, and he helped me out. His license was Just Drivin I believe. This to me is the meaning of having a Camaro, everyone is willing to help each other, and you just cant beat the camaraderie amongst us!

I can't wait to see where next year's location is!!! Thanks again to everyone who put this on!!

Meeting up with Bluff City Camaro Club:

Name:  20150806_082843.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  123.9 KB

Name:  20150806_082838.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  117.6 KB

Name:  20150806_091329.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  62.9 KB

Name:  20150806_091344.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  83.5 KB

6:30 am at the Car Wash on Friday

Name:  20150807_063856.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  84.4 KB

Name:  20150807_065558.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  91.6 KB

Last edited by X-Factor; 08-13-2015 at 03:24 PM.
X-Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:49 PM   #110
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdyinhere View Post
For those follwing along with the Novistretch Mask issue...

I also received an email from Andrew with the same offer of reconciliation. I replied back and am awaiting his response. Nice to see such a quick follow up. Stay tuned.

I've not heard back yet...

Can you shoot me Andrew's email (PM is fine)

Thanks!

-Don
Old 08-13-2015, 04:34 PM   #111
Imdyinhere
Keeper of the Gold Acorn

Quote:
I've not heard back yet...

Can you shoot me Andrew's email (PM is fine)

Thanks!

-Don
PM sent.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:12 PM   #112
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
This was the first long range CamaroVan for me since it was in our backyard last year in Baytown, Texas. The total miles for me was 2,009 but the drive was awesome, lots of beautiful scenery of what we could see... lol The rain the second day was horrible, we had some white knuckling driving to say the least and the truckers were not very kind to us. It was awesome to meet up with some of the other Clubs, we picked up some folks from Dallas in Texarkana, and then we were able to team up with Bluff City Camaro Club out of Memphis. So that was a blast!! "Oh you have a Camaro? I think we are best friends!!"

The event was awesome, there was a lot to do! Unfortunately, for me, as I'm sure it is with other dual racers, (Drag Racing & CamaroCross) there is just so much to do in so little time. Wish this could be a 3 day event! lol

CamaroCross was amazing as always, thanks to Pete and his crew for running such an awesome event!

Drag Racing was a blast, even though I got my butt spanked by all the amazing and awesome V8's, but I was just tickled to death to be even on the same track with them! Only negative I could say about the Drag Racing, is that it was very hard to hear, and there was no definite schedule that I was aware of, but I still had a blast! Thanks to Robert and Merc, and all the others who assisted with this!

The Plant Tour was top notch! Thanks Mike Lee for setting this up for us! It gave me a better appreciation to what goes into these cars. Just wished I would of been able to make the National Corvette Museum Tour. And I hope one year we can see how our cars are made! hint, hint... lol

The Parking Lot Parties were fun, it was amazing to see all the different Camaro's, and to meeting new folks!

Thanks to Rodger's Chevrolet for the Welcome Party and food!

The venue was perfect. The drive to the track was beautiful, everything was close I thought. It was awesome everywhere you drove you saw Camaro's, so that was neat! Even at the Car Wash at 6:30 am!

Thanks to Tag and his wife for making our AMAZING shirts and stickers, and supplying us with all the Camaro Fest Goodies!!

Thank you very much to the Chevrolet Team for bringing out the 6th Gen Camaro!!! Its was so bad azz in person! And that Hyper Blue!!! WHOA!! I was able to see Al speak for a few min before I had to race again, but unfortunately I missed him that night. I was able to meet Mike Judge! And he signed my car!! So that was definitely a high light!! ;D

Thank you to Phastek for all the AWESOME pictures as well!!!

And last I need to give a shout out and a very big thank you to a very nice Camaro IBM owner, Eric I think his name is from Pennsylvania, stopped to help me on the side of the road. My oil cap was missing, and he helped me out. His license was Just Drivin I believe. This to me is the meaning of having a Camaro, everyone is willing to help each other, and you just cant beat the camaraderie amongst us!

I can't wait to see where next year's location is!!! Thanks again to everyone who put this on!!

Meeting up with Bluff City Camaro Club:

Attachment 737050

Attachment 737051

Attachment 737052

Attachment 737053

6:30 am at the Car Wash on Friday

Attachment 737055

Attachment 737056
Great to read that you had a great time. Here is a link to pictures of every car that ran the CamaroCross. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2109717&type=1
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote