Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-10-2015, 12:34 AM   #15
Ventura 2015 1LE
Ventura 2015 1SS 1LE RS

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Strange just the other week at my local dealership having my wife's car serviced. A brand new 2015 SS with about 4K miles on it had the key to get stuck. This owner brought it in a couple times and the guys at the shop could not duplicated. However it seems it is tied to the automatics.

I have the manual 6 speed and no issues with 9k miles on it..

Could it be that the shifting into park and on a hill or grade have something to do with it?

Meaning the button on the shifter is not fully engaged or binding due to the load on the tranny and causing the sticky key/ignition problem??

Possibly rocking the car back and forth with help to see if the key does release.

If so before selecting from drive to park and still apply the brakes.. then pull up the parking brake thus not binding the tranny.. Making note not to attempt to shift to park without the brakes applied and the next step is to pull up on the parking brake, then the last thing is to shut the car off,, pull the key out..

Anyways if that is the case then a TSB is in order to fix this. Nobody that puts money down and enjoy a car should have this problem..

Hopefully the engineers are getting in the loop on this one...
Ventura 2015 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:09 PM   #16
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
This exact thing has been happening to me lately. Every single time I try to turn my car off, it won't turn the switch completely and release the key. I have to start my car and move it a little, then put it in park to MAYBE get the key out.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:45 PM   #17
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
Count me in.. With my ongoing brake pulsating issues, now I can't remove my key from ignition!

I'm ready to trade into a Lexus RC or something ��
Love that car^
Old 08-15-2015, 09:55 PM   #18
dentnshell

Drives: Black 2014 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
Dealer can't "recreate" so they are refusing to do anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Time to use your phone to take a video....
Mods: LSA Conversion 2.5" Upper Pulley, 65# injectors, GPI SS1 Cam, SP Long Tubes, ADM Race Scoop & CAI, NPP exhaust (DIY control), BMR 1" lowering springs, ZL1 Rear Differential / Axles, CF Side Strip / Hood Spear, Tint - Windows / Tails / Sidemarkers, Splash Guards, ADM Boost Gauge, ABL Dashkit, '68 Script Badges, ACS T4 Splitter, ZL1 Rockers from Gary's, Z28 Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Hood Vent, Summer - MRR FS01 Satin Black (10" Front 11" Rear) Winter, pictured-Drag DR 64's Satin Black (9" Front-10" Rear.)
dentnshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:50 PM   #19
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
happened today on my brand new ltz truck after using remote start.....467 miles on the clock. When it did give it back there was a very metallic "clank"
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 03:42 PM   #20
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX Camaro View Post
I had this issue on my 2010 SS. I came up with a easy, permanent fix. Start by removing the torx screws that hold on the bottom steering column cover. Locate the ignition lock solenoid. It is on the bottom side of the column. There is a small pin that comes out of the solenoid. This is what locks the ignition lock cylinder. You can take a small screwdriver and move the pin in and out. I placed a piece of 5/16 vacuum hose over the pin to hold it in the unlocked position. It can no longer move and the key can always be removed. Everything else operates as normal .
You must mean the small pin that is accessed through the slot in the bottom lower column cover.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:10 AM   #21
White_Camaro

Drives: Camaro SS
So my dealer fixed the problem with the key getting stuck in the ignition. It turns out that it was a happening to a select number of camaros. I am glad that its fixed and that I don't have to deal with the issue.
White_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:29 AM   #22
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Camaro View Post
So my dealer fixed the problem with the key getting stuck in the ignition. It turns out that it was a happening to a select number of camaros. I am glad that its fixed and that I don't have to deal with the issue.

What did they say was the issue?

Old 08-18-2015, 06:56 AM   #23
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Camaro View Post

What did they fix/replace?

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:22 PM   #24
marshagem7

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro Ice Silver
I started having the same problem with my 2014 Camaro. It was driving me crazy. Dealership said I was over my warranty period, I drive a lot!!!! So I was going to have to pay for it out of my pocket. So I did some research, and took the covers off my steering column. There is a pin that moves back and forth that is connected to a little arm on the lock cylinder that locks the key in when you push the button on the gear shifter. I just simply pulled the pin out of the little arm and it works perfect now. Just like it never happened. This takes about 5 minutes to do. only tools needed are a 8mm socket, ratchet with extension to take off the cover, and a flat head screw driver to pull the pin out.
If you pull the steering column covers off, put the key in the ignition and start the car, then push the button on the shifter you will see exactly what im talking about.
Just though I would share my experience with you all.
marshagem7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:01 PM   #25
Fritze

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
2014 1LT V6 automatic, pulled into work and key would not release, moved the wheel, moved the car, back and forth in and outa gear, no joy. Took it into the dealership and they said , yup, wont come out. They said we will have it back to you at 4pm, this was 9 am, by 2pm I call them ask them how it was going. They have to order a new shifter, they need the car until middle of next week. They had no loaners and rented me a car until they get mine fixed. When I get it back I will update on what exactly they did.
Fritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:10 PM   #26
jerseyjok3r

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS1
My 1SS started doing that after a year.....All you gotta do is try to move the shifter around slightly when its in park like you would if you were checking if a manual was in neutral or not. It works eveytime sfter doing that.
jerseyjok3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:27 PM   #27
Ledzepx

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro 6sp.
Try dry graphite in powder from. Go to home depot in the key section. Its there. Used it for work trucks and house keys. Last a long time. Just put a little dusting on both sides.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:50 AM   #28
Camaro_nuub

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
I have a 2014 camaro 2LS and keep having the same issue. Took it to the dealership twice and they keep saying it's from a dirty ignition and just cleaned it both times. I'm starting to regret the decision of getting a camaro. I only have 22k miles on it
Camaro_nuub is offline   Reply With Quote