Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 01-25-2016, 10:31 PM   #43
DSSTER

Drives: Protoured 70 Nova & 70 Camaro
I don't think alll the Camaro that got stolen in the Bay Area is random. I assume that the thieves have all information where we live and where we work and what not. The only one that have info about it is dealerships and who ever work there that have interest and knowledge. I service my car in the dealership cos it comes with and I also purchase auto butler to detail my car and the last time it was there to be detailed I can't locate one of my old registration. So please chime in if you guys also have this options when you guys purchased your Camaro. Lesson learn do not leave any information about your self in the car when In this situation. Let's investigate together I think we can catch this mofos if we all work together. Pm me at anytime if needed so we can get together.

Let's not blame the police officers here because they can only do so much and as we all know our career always have directive order.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:59 PM   #44
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
I have to agree the thefts do not seem random. The cars are cased somehow, either through car events, onstar, or the dealership computer system. It not like they are lined up on main street.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:25 PM   #45
thegreatwhite

Drives: 2014 SS
they probably got guys comin on this website to see whose got nice camaros. those people are targets. most ****ed up part is there is your car, in a police impound lot that has obviously just had quite a bit of work done to it to get all those parts out. law enforcement has all the tools an knowledge to do work on crime scenes to track down criminals. like looking for DNA, finger prints and hairs left over. yet not a single ****ing department in all of nor cal has done this as far as we know. they just find the car, call the owner, case closed. i understand your point of lets not blame the cops but this has been going on steadily for over a year now. unfortunately your right we are probably on our own here because its looking like no amount of stolen cars will get law enforcement to put some more effort towards catching the criminals. i really wish they would do a bait car
thegreatwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 11:22 PM   #46
pimpaluv

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSSTER View Post
They also took my sons recarro seats which is bullshit and the insurance **** me in the ass big time. It pays what I owed but not enough what I paid for originally.
That's some f**ked up shit bro. I have All State "being one of the best" offered me some chub change on a Honda I wrecked. They ended up putting aftermarket for the restoration. You can't win either way
Not trying to be a jerk by all means but did you offer to purchase the car back as is? If still available? I wouldn't mind bringing it back to life
pimpaluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:23 AM   #47
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
a couple officers parked in a van nearby can't use a bait ZL1 to run a sting? maybe I watch too much TV.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:51 AM   #48
thegreatwhite

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
a couple officers parked in a van nearby can't use a bait ZL1 to run a sting? maybe I watch too much TV.
my thoughts exactly. what would it cost to have a couple guys camping out long enough to do that. not much besides isnt that police work? we all know they have more than enough camaro bodies to do it
thegreatwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:01 PM   #49
DSSTER

Drives: Protoured 70 Nova & 70 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpaluv View Post
That's some f**ked up shit bro. I have All State "being one of the best" offered me some chub change on a Honda I wrecked. They ended up putting aftermarket for the restoration. You can't win either way
Not trying to be a jerk by all means but did you offer to purchase the car back as is? If still available? I wouldn't mind bringing it back to life
Insurance won't sell your car back if stolen. Maybe for totaled car.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:42 PM   #50
pimpaluv

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss
I would love to get a ZL1 roller. Build it like it was suppose to be; forged the fuxx out! What insurance you have? I might talk with a couple of my guys that can help me up the food chain.
pimpaluv is offline   Reply With Quote