Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-25-2016, 07:33 PM   #15
Software Guy

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
I can't wait to take off my snows. These 28* mornings and 65* days are killing me.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:58 PM   #16
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
depends on what kind of tires you bought. Some will crack and come apart. If there pzeros the minimum driving temperature is 45 degrees. anyone driving on summer only tires in temps too cold for them is a idiot. I could care less if you kill yourself but I do care for the person you hit.

Let's see all those pics of cracked, destroyed from cold failure Pirelli's before we start the name calling and various other soap boxing and preaching the Gospel old holier than thou.

Lawsuits are why you are wrong, you don't sign a release when you buy the tires, for heaven's sake. They are summer performance tires not ticking time bombs.

Unfortunately the world is full of idiots and most of them don't drive Camaros, an idiot is better than an authoritarian any day of the week though.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:11 PM   #17
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345631 plenty of people have lost control just on this forum not to mention many other forums driving on summer only tires even with the nanies on. do a search and you will find people with pzeros complaining of cracks on there not very old tires. They had no idea they couldnt drive year around on them because the car manufacturer didnt tell them when they bought the car. It pisses me off and iv seen a accident where the person was driving on summer tires and lost control injuring others.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1

Last edited by JCunningham; 03-25-2016 at 08:22 PM.
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:33 AM   #18
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
So, you saw an accident, got out of your car and went up to the scene and looked at the tires on the car? Were the tires P-Zeros and what was the temperature at the time of the accident and was Windchill involved? Maybe it was 45 degrees but the wheels were rotating so fast that they became frozen.
Attached Images

Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 06:41 AM   #19
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
Nothing will happen if you just drive normal.

It's so hard to drive normal. Lol
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:21 AM   #20
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
op you asked a good question. GM and Pirelli say do not drive on Pzeros under 45 degrees. almost all summer tires are like this.
Lack of traction and possible cracking can cause a accident putting your life and the lives of others at risk. The children on here have no respect for their car or others. They think they can drive. They think because they have gotten away with it that it won't happen. Maybe they will maybe they won't.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:53 PM   #21
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
OP, the proper solution is to buy yourself a second set of wheels with UHP A/S tires. You can buy a complete set from C5 sponsor Tire Rack, have them shipped to your home and change them yourself. I did exactly this. I love being free from the tire shop!

In addition to having a proper tire on your car for cold weather and light snow, the UHPs are also great to use as your highway tire for any planned trips so you don't eat up those expensive summer tires (wear rating 480 vs 220). The harder compound doesn't pick up debris and fling it on the body and the slightly lower breakaway point can be fun to play with.

You wanted those custom wheels anyway!