Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-27-2016, 08:52 AM   #1
MonroeZ28

Drives: 15 z28 white
Paint preservation?

I was on the verge of getting Xpel clear bra installed so I don't destroy the front of my car on the track. I know from experience from doing track days in my Z06 in the advanced group that the paint gets destroyed because everyone is running R compound tires. My problem is that Xpel costs 2k to do all the needed parts of the Z28 and I'm sure it will be destroyed after a couple of HPDEs and and will need to be redone if I want the car to look good for the street. I just purchased a quart of the paint on clear bra for track days, Road Warrior Plus. I read about guys using this on the corvette forum and was gonna use this for track days instead. Any thoughts on temp clear bra vs Xpel for track days and pros and cons?
MonroeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:02 AM   #2
BadSport340

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS, 1973 Dart Sport 340
Clear bra is expensive but It does a great job of protecting the paint from rocks and stuff though. Personally I would go with the temporary Road Warrior protection. It's far cheaper than a clear bra, and when it starts to look bad you can peel it off and start over. I have used Plasti-Dip on the front of my Camaro since it was ~2 months old and it's done a great job of protecting the front from rock chips. I think Road Warrior would be similar.

So, in my opinion, I think you'd be better off with the temporary paint-on clear bra.
BadSport340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:39 PM   #3
D2M

Drives: Z/28
Check out http://www.roadwarriorplus.com/
D2M is offline   Reply With Quote