Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-22-2016, 12:44 PM   #43
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenH. View Post
Disappointed this didn't turn into a political free for all pissing match. This is not the maturity level I expect on an internet forum.
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

Better?
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:52 PM   #44
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:16 PM   #45
Chad0311
Likes V8 powered vehicles

Drives: '16 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Let me get this straight:

There is a general consensus that Camaros (and cars in general) are too expensive and GM is using too many parts (more than 0) from low cost countries like China instead of being domestically sourced.

Improving one requires making the other worse.
That doesn't always have to be true, though. But that's certainly how it is currently. Outsourcing jobs/labor/manufacturing doesn't just equal cheap production, it equals more $$$ for shareholders, the company and of course usually a nice bonus for the CEO.

So where your comment and many seem to have a shared ideal that providing Americans livable wages and bringing back these jobs to the states would make the cost of these vehicles astronomical is only partly true - but doesn't necessarily have to be. Right now, it allows the corporation (GM) in this case to have it's cake (and affordable/sellable product) and eat it too (increased profits via outsourced labor). Whereas we, the consumer, have our cake (the affordable, desirable product) but cannot eat it too (having our purchase turn around and feed the same economy which should be comprised of mostly our country building and producing the product).

This isn't something I feel the need to debate on a car forum, but figured I would throw out my 2 cents to contrast the ever popular slants against trivial societal hot button issues such as trans folks using public restrooms, 15/Hr burger flippers/offended millennials, and so on..
Chad0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:22 PM   #46
Ace01

Drives: 2018 1LE SS "Silver Bullet"
This is not happening because the workers were making $30- $40!! This happen because we have a central bank called the Federal Reserve that is as Federal as Federal Express that has been debasing our currency for over hundred years(the code word is inflation) by endless money printing and racking up the national debt to 20 trillion!!!!!! Sheep do not have a clue on how the money system works and who is pulling the strings and destroying this country. You want to know more than read this book and it will explain how this once great country is now a shadow of what it once was and is headed like Detroit. http://arcticbeacon.com/books/Eustac...serve_Bank.pdf

Edward explains it the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinLover View Post
You're right, it is sad. But I wouldn't blame it all on the outsourcing... it was a solution to the problem. It goes back to the unions demanding extreme wages for factory workers that put together the cars. Many were replaced by robots to do their work in an attempt to make up the costs and improve efficiency, and the rest of the workers continued to whine because making $30-$40/hour was apparently not enough along with all the benefits. A company can't stay in business if it costs more to make something than to sell it - simple economics. The city of Detroit put all their eggs in one basket with the Auto industry instead of branching out to sustain itself should the unthinkable happen (which it did).

It's happening in many other industries... look at McDonalds/fast food workers wanting $15/hour to flip a burger and server fries. Jobs like McDonalds are stepping stones to learn work ethics and responsibility, not to make a living unless you make it to upper management. Higher wages = higher costs and higher inflation which still keeps those $15/hour workers at the bottom.

And it's only getting worse with this entitlement Generation Y/Z thinking everything should be handed to them on a silver platter coming out of high school. No one is a winner, everyone is an equal and gets a trophy for just showing up whether they did anything or not. If the tests are too hard, the standards are lowered instead of increasing the accountability. Where is the education and responsibility in that? Blame it on the politically correct BS nation we've become - as many call it "The Pussification of America". I've worked hard since I was 14 for everything I have. I don't take handouts from the government and live off it for nothing. I work for satisfaction that I'm making my contribution to society, not to try and make millions. If I should happen to have a great idea, market it, and make a million that way, then so be it (sadly, that hasn't happened yet... but I'm not disappointed). People need to learn to live for happiness, not for money!

Last edited by Ace01; 08-22-2016 at 06:14 PM.
Ace01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #47
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad0311 View Post
That doesn't always have to be true, though. But that's certainly how it is currently. Outsourcing jobs/labor/manufacturing doesn't just equal cheap production, it equals more $$$ for shareholders, the company and of course usually a nice bonus for the CEO.

So where your comment and many seem to have a shared ideal that providing Americans livable wages and bringing back these jobs to the states would make the cost of these vehicles astronomical is only partly true - but doesn't necessarily have to be. Right now, it allows the corporation (GM) in this case to have it's cake (and affordable/sellable product) and eat it too (increased profits via outsourced labor). Whereas we, the consumer, have our cake (the affordable, desirable product) but cannot eat it too (having our purchase turn around and feed the same economy which should be comprised of mostly our country building and producing the product).
wow, i just just getting ready to reply a very similar reply to his post.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:28 PM   #48
Chad0311

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
wow, i just just getting ready to reply a very similar reply to his post.
Ha, glad I could save you a paragraph.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:25 PM   #49

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trublucamaro View Post
Just got a set of these in the mail...

So the 50th Anniversary Camaro Emblems are made in China.

There's a bit of me that's disappointed in that...

I'll leave this here...
50 years ago all China was exporting was weaponry to kill Americans in Viet Nam....

It's bad enough they now make Camaro parts....putting their huge "Made in China" label just adds that little extra touch of rubbing our noses in it, don't you think?
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 02:53 PM   #50
Chad0311

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
50 years ago all China was exporting was weaponry to kill Americans in Viet Nam....

It's bad enough they now make Camaro parts....putting their huge "Made in China" label just adds that little extra touch of rubbing our noses in it, don't you think?
Well, it's not really their fault. It's ours.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:58 PM   #51
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
If we're going to get in to which country did what to whom when it comes to killing other people's soldiers and citizens, then we can't really buy or sell to anyone.

Italy and Germany were against the US in WW2.

Japan did the whole Pearl Harbor thing.

We (USA) are still the only nation in history to use nuclear weapons against another country. Because of this, I believe we hold the record of most people killed at once in a war.

England at one time was slaughtering our citizens.

Mexico was even fighting against us back in the middle 1800s.

So.. I don't really think it's fair to use something like that as a "should be buying from" type of marker.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 04:08 PM   #52
trublucamaro

Drives: 1967 Camaro
This is the back of the FIFTY decal for those that wondered. You can also see the foam surround that is there to help with placement.
Attached Images

trublucamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:51 PM   #53
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
If we're going to get in to which country did what to whom when it comes to killing other people's soldiers and citizens, then we can't really buy or sell to anyone.

We (USA) are still the only nation in history to use nuclear weapons against another country. Because of this, I believe we hold the record of most people killed at once in a war.

So.. I don't really think it's fair to use something like that as a "should be buying from" type of marker.

Coming from human wiki this is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:58 PM   #54
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:

Do you care if I call you Cliff?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:12 PM   #55
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
So do you like the manual Fifty emblems or the Automatic Fifty's?
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:33 PM   #56
Razzaa

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

Canada!! You can trade with us!! We had one minor issue with the US.
Razzaa is offline   Reply With Quote