Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 10-04-2016, 01:10 AM   #1
Avoooo

Drives: 2013 agm Zl1
Pulley and Intake

Just bought a Zl1 and already getting mods for it. Im new to the boost game and was wondering if I will be okay with a 5% pulley and rotofab intake on 91 octane? Thats the highest I have around my house and dont want to hurt the engine. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2016, 02:51 AM   #2
Crash76
Team 913

Drives: '14 ZL1, '15 Jeep GC, ‘22 Ram 2500
I ran that setup for about a year... Up until yesterday
Crash76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:08 AM   #3
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoooo View Post
Just bought a Zl1 and already getting mods for it. Im new to the boost game and was wondering if I will be okay with a 5% pulley and rotofab intake on 91 octane? Thats the highest I have around my house and dont want to hurt the engine. Thanks!
That is a bit much for 91 octane without a tune.

The intake adds a lb. of boost, and the pulley adds a lb. of boost so you have to remove timing or add torco to protect your engine.

I provide remote custom tuning via the SCT X4 hand held tuner that will make the most of any modifications.

Feel free to give me a call with any questions.

Ted.

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 10-04-2016 at 12:10 PM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:22 AM   #4
Livernois Motorsports

Drives: 2010 Camaro 454 LSX (SOLD)
Quote:
Congrats on the new car!

Your best bet to achieve desired power and reliability is to tune your engine. With a Livernois MyCalibrator tuner, you will be able to keep a factory tune while having the performance option of your choice.

A EvenFlo Thermostat would be a great addition to keep things cool when running a hotter tune. Helps to reduce engine ware.

When it comes to pulleys and intakes, we can get a large list of them for your ZL1! Follow the link to our website or give us a call directly to speak to a salesman today! http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/
Livernois Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:13 PM   #5
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Thanks for using the Roto-fab intake! If you have any questions about our system, we're always here to help.

Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:38 AM   #6
fluxzl1

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Thanks for using the Roto-fab intake! If you have any questions about our system, we're always here to help.

Michael
just wondering why you dont list the innercooler res for the 5 gen ZL1 on
your web site???
thanx...
fluxzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:10 AM   #7
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Quote:
I'm not real sure how much you've read about adding more HP/TQ or even what your plans are for your machine but if I can offer one piece of advice, don't tune the car yourself. Leave it to the experts who have tested, done the R&D, re-tested and have solid results of what their products can do.
I've dealt with a couple different companies throughout the years and have no reservation in recommending JannettyRacing for any of your tuning needs. Especially if 91 octane is the highest grade of gas you can get currently!
Oh, and Roto-Fab intakes are killer amazing!
Old 01-09-2017, 08:09 AM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/c ss View Post
I'm not real sure how much you've read about adding more HP/TQ or even what your plans are for your machine but if I can offer one piece of advice, don't tune the car yourself. Leave it to the experts who have tested, done the R&D, re-tested and have solid results of what their products can do.
I've dealt with a couple different companies throughout the years and have no reservation in recommending JannettyRacing for any of your tuning needs. Especially if 91 octane is the highest grade of gas you can get currently!
Thank you for the recommendation
Old 01-09-2017, 09:10 AM   #9
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
I second this recommendation. Ted has always been great to work with and as helped me tons with my mods listed below.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:17 AM   #10
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I second this recommendation. Ted has always been great to work with and as helped me tons with my mods listed below.
Thank you sir.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #11
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Thank you for the recommendation
I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it Ted. I've called you with some stupid questions over the years and you've always been patient in explaining things thoroughly to me. Plus any time I've called in an order, your sales associates were very pleasant and helpful.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:39 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it Ted. I've called you with some stupid questions over the years and you've always been patient in explaining things thoroughly to me. Plus any time I've called in an order, your sales associates were very pleasant and helpful.
We love what we do and this type of feedback is what we strive for every day.

Thanks again.

Ted.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:32 PM   #13
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxzl1 View Post
just wondering why you dont list the innercooler res for the 5 gen ZL1 on
your web site???
thanx...
That started out as a very limited dealer-only product. We now sell them regularly, and need to get them up on the website!

Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote