Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-31-2017, 04:24 PM   #29
51FIFFT

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 FIFTY @51fifft
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
You can no lift shift anything with the right attitude (and quick enough shifts) lol
I was just going to say the same thing, I NLS mine.
51FIFFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 08:31 PM   #30
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I'm wondering something, I've heard to successfully NLS the throttle has to be 93% or higher and going at least 31 MPH. I'm pretty sure I also read on here that the RPM's need to be above 5000, is this true?
Old 06-10-2017, 08:42 PM   #31
JR91

Drives: Camaro 1SS
The exact parameters for NLS was noted somewhere in a similar thread. I would say try it out with a shift closer to the 6,000 RPM mark. You will know you did it correctly when you hear your exhaust fart during the shift.
JR91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #32
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
I thought No Lift Shift was only available on FI engines. Interesting if it is on NA engines too.
The na Camaro, the na stingray, the last gen na zo6, all are have no lift shift technology.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 03:27 PM   #33
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR91 View Post
The exact parameters for NLS was noted somewhere in a similar thread. I would say try it out with a shift closer to the 6,000 RPM mark. You will know you did it correctly when you hear your exhaust fart during the shift.
Lol couldnt describe it better myself, that sound is so nastysounding when no lift shifting (and not in a good way).
Old 06-11-2017, 03:33 PM   #34
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
I'm wondering something, I've heard to successfully NLS the throttle has to be 93% or higher and going at least 31 MPH. I'm pretty sure I also read on here that the RPM's need to be above 5000, is this true?
The important thing about NLS is your throttle has to be WOT and held there during the shift. I believe you have to be at least 5500 rpm and above and at WOT. If for instance you pull this NLS or power shift at 5500RPM, the engine stays at that rpm during the split second it takes to complete the power shift, as soon as the clutch is released , the NLS technology lets the engine drop to the RPM what ever gear you upshifted to and your already at wot.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:48 PM   #35
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Drives: 2017 1SS Camaro/6 speed
I have tried this many time and it never worked on my car so I gave up.

I am positive the gas pedal was ALL THE FREAKING WAY to the floor where I literally put my entire feet on the gas pedal.

Every time I pressed the clutch to make my shift (at 6,000 RPM) the RPM jumps all the way to redline, instead of holding the RPM.

I tried in TOUR mode, TRACK mode, SPORT mode, tried with traction control off, tried with competitive mode on. NOTHING!

I would like to ask for those who have successfully NLS, do a video shifting slowly to see how the RPM stays when you press the clutch. Because I am starting to believe there is no NLS in these SS.
hzisfrom1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:10 PM   #36
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hzisfrom1994 View Post
I have tried this many time and it never worked on my car so I gave up.

I am positive the gas pedal was ALL THE FREAKING WAY to the floor where I literally put my entire feet on the gas pedal.

Every time I pressed the clutch to make my shift (at 6,000 RPM) the RPM jumps all the way to redline, instead of holding the RPM.

I tried in TOUR mode, TRACK mode, SPORT mode, tried with traction control off, tried with competitive mode on. NOTHING!

I would like to ask for those who have successfully NLS, do a video shifting slowly to see how the RPM stays when you press the clutch. Because I am starting to believe there is no NLS in these SS.
I'm also interested in seeing a video of this. If it does exist, I wonder why GM does not market it.

I would appreciate if someone could ask the engineers directly at Camaro Fest and report back.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:29 PM   #37
02fbody35th

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Sorry I don't have a video. But I can confirm we do indeed have nls. The first time I tried it I was really nervous and it scared the crap out of me when I did it. But if you have your foot to the floor and carry the rpms all the way thru, then with your foot still pegged on the gas slam the clutch in make your shift and it will hold the rpm where ever you shifted from. The engine makes a really funny sound when you do it. Kind of like a rev limiter but not quite. It kind of sounds like a 2 step system.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:10 AM   #38
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Are we confusing power shifting and no lift shifting. My understanding was no lift shifting allowed a driver to shift without losing boost, so would apply to those types of power trains and power shifting was where a driver shifted without clutching at the specific instance when it could be done and applied to naturally aspirated engines.

My understanding but I could be wrong.

Laborsmith
No lift shift and power shifting are the same thing, with the gas to the floor you stab the clutch and shift at the exact same time and never lift off the floor. The NLS technology holds the RPM you executed the shift at, that's it plain and simple.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:02 AM   #39
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Drives: 2017 1SS Camaro/6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
No lift shift and power shifting are the same thing, with the gas to the floor you stab the clutch and shift at the exact same time and never lift off the floor. The NLS technology holds the RPM you executed the shift at, that's it plain and simple.
It doesn't hold my RPM unfortunately.

Entire feet on the gas pedal, tried in TOUR, SPORT, TRACK mode, traction off, competitive on, everything but never work for at least one time.

17 1SS, I gave up worried about ****ing my transmission.
hzisfrom1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:20 AM   #40
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hzisfrom1994 View Post
It doesn't hold my RPM unfortunately.

Entire feet on the gas pedal, tried in TOUR, SPORT, TRACK mode, traction off, competitive on, everything but never work for at least one time.

17 1SS, I gave up worried about ****ing my transmission.
Seems like we need a video from someone to prove it exists. Maybe model year has something to do with it as well?

Edit: Just found this video (not mine). Watch at HALF speed (under the settings cog, bottom right) at 0:10 and at 0:13. Sounds like this is the farting NLS sound and it doesn't look like the RPMs jump up.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:44 AM   #41
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Here's the problem - so many question whether it has it or not, many say and swear (and I believe they believe it) it has it, yet still so many that try it and it doesn't work, including me.

If such a feature exists, why doesn't GM tell us about it? Why aren't the specific parameters that have to be met for it to work outlined in the owner's manual?

Is it like the secret that only a few get the privilege to understand?

would love GM to chime in.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #42
Sleeks

Drives: None
Guys, the car has it. The second one was done using PDR, so you can see the RPM and gas pedal well. I think I have some PDR videos with NLS on them, I'll have to pull my memory card.

https://youtu.be/_NdCcb1sriQ

https://youtu.be/eGekltpT2o0

https://youtu.be/iIc0n1Hd9Fw

https://youtu.be/lSNyETCRvp4

Hyper Blue 1SS / 1LE
Sleeks is offline   Reply With Quote