Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #15
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
I have a black and decker, and tender Jr. I like how they have quick disconnects included. It makes it easier of course.
I've read that constantly charging the battery causes them to fail earlier than if they weren't fed a constant charge. In theory these have circuits that don't charge if they don't need to but I haven't verified that with any measurements.
With that in mind I just turn off my charger from time to time and not leave it on 24/7 all year.
I use a Ctek since car was new June 2013. Stays on 6 to 7 months a year, still original battery.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:36 AM   #16
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
My 2008 TrailBlazer has been on a battery tender since new. The truck is 9 years old, and it still has its original battery. I credit its long life with the fact that the OEM Battery (I believe) tends to be a bit more durable than aftermarket, plus the fact that the battery never ran down.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:32 PM   #17
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantXSoldier View Post
How are you hooking this up for my fellow C5 members that have CAI intake and Rotofab washer bottles?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Battery Tender, pigtail installed in the trunk, run the connector out the bottom through one of the rubber hole covers, and you're ready to hook up.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:33 PM   #18
DefiantXSoldier

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS/1LE NPP Recaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Battery Tender, pigtail installed in the trunk, run the connector out the bottom through one of the rubber hole covers, and you're ready to hook up.
I am try to have it hooked up under the hood since I would need an extension cord since I have an outlet right in the front of where I park my car in my garage. If I don't find a good ground location (not trying tok drill any additional holes) I'll have to go the rought of going through the trunk. TY

DefiantXSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:16 AM   #19
PJMZL1

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I run mine from the floor up into the engine compartment. Hood can be left closed during storage
Old 08-23-2017, 06:40 AM   #20
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
I am try to have it hooked up under the hood since I would need an extension cord since I have an outlet right in the front of where I park my car in my garage. If I don't find a good ground location (not trying tok drill any additional holes) I'll have to go the rought of going through the trunk. TY

Ground at yellow arrow. I drilled a hole in the pos term lug for a #8 self tap screw underneath the red cap. I connected the pos lead for the tender with a terminal under this screw and the neg lead to this ground post. Folded and tied that end of the tender cable back under and along the battery cable in summer. Cut ties and ran the cable out to front of engine compartment where I connected the other end of the cable in winter.
Name:  camaro ground.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  96.1 KB

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:43 AM   #21
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
^ correct. You can ground it at any available bolt and hole. Use the loop ends supplied by the tender, and connect the positive terminal to your aux pole (red cap). Done. Its a good thing to buy a short extension cord so that it will enable you to duct the wire under the radiator through the front bottom grille.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:48 PM   #22
DefiantXSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Ground at yellow arrow. I drilled a hole in the pos term lug for a #8 self tap screw underneath the red cap. I connected the pos lead for the tender with a terminal under this screw and the neg lead to this ground post. Folded and tied that end of the tender cable back under and along the battery cable in summer. Cut ties and ran the cable out to front of engine compartment where I connected the other end of the cable in winter.
Attachment 893050
Thank you. I'll be doing this tonight. Much appreciated

Old 09-04-2017, 06:54 PM   #23
DefiantXSoldier

Quote:
Thank you. I'll be doing this tonight. Much appreciated

I just realized I have my Roto-fab washer bottle mounted on the stud you have you negative cable attached too. Looks like I'm going to have to remove my washer bottle to do use this location then place the bottle back over it. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.