Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-16-2010, 06:10 AM   #127
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
If its true, its true.

For years GM has been saying that the Volt will be only electrically driven, that the sole purpose of the gas engine is to generate electricity. Lately, they've taken to calling it a electric vehicle. So unless they've changed a fundamental part of the design in the last few days ... GM has been lying.
thats the main beef with the people besides that article gm told us one thing and did turned around and did another no matter how you sugarcoat it. either way I could care less at least you'll be able to do drive for more than 70mi
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:48 AM   #128
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
thats the main beef with the people besides that article gm told us one thing and did turned around and did another no matter how you sugarcoat it. either way I could care less at least you'll be able to do drive for more than 70mi
So if GM makes the car MORE capable in during the invention of a new technology they shouldn't implement it because 6 months ago they intended for the car to be one way vs. the better way?

This is GM bashing, nothing more. Every person that doesn't want to bash GM is thrilled with the awesome technology of this car. It has nothing to do with what they said it could or might do.

The Volt is a better car.

Does everyone realize that this car was invented while it was being develeoped? Does everyone realize that computer simulations and projections and expertise can't predict everything while you are inventing a new technology that hasn't existed before?

Sorry, King Sun. Just don't like to see this GM bashing continue.

No one lied.

If you tell people part of the capapbility of the car and then later tell them it can actually do more and is actually more efficient because your engineers worked their butts off is that a "lie". Only if you want to degrade GM.

And to be very clear, the Volt will go 101 mph on the BATTERY ALONE. This whole engine assist (and it is only a partial assist) only occurs when the battery is low and the engine would be running anyway. So you see that's the improvement. The enine is running to supply electricity to propel the car. While it's running it has excess mechanical energy that can assist the propulsion and make the car MORE efficient. And this only happens in situations when the battery is depleted.

The Volt is a full function pure EV as long as the battery has sufficient charge................... all the way up to 101 mph.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #129
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
snip
no doubt I understand where you coming from and I agree too but I was saying I could see where other people was saying .
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote