Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #127
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy.fast View Post
I dont live in Canada I live in Ohio and I dont have the ss did u try to get the lemon law on urs too or what?
I live in Canada so there is no consumer protection up here... Yeah no lemon law... Because of the price of the car the only option was small claims which has a limit of 10k. I was ready to sue them to get at least the transmission replaced.

I got a forensic mechanic and when GM found out about my deposit and the letter from my lawyer saying they are not allowed to touch the car until the licensed forensic mechanic inspected it, they changed the tranny under warranty without me approving it.

I want to be very clear I did not approve them to do any work on the car!!! That 's just how bad of a company they are and i have the recorded phone calls and emails to prove it.

So now I am driving a toyota and looking to get rid of the Crapparo asap.. I want to get a real car like a BMW.
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #128
Wasp

Drives: 2011 Camaro Victory Red 2SS/RS
I'm having this issue now. Taking it to the dealer in a week. They have no records of this happening
Old 10-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #129
toast
Toast

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Update

The RPM Level VI transmission along with the ZR1 twin disk clutch seems to have done the trick.

I was working in Austin last weekend and drove down early Friday so I could stop off near Temple, Texas to Little River Dragway for some Friday night street racing.

The car shifted perfectly not a single hitch. The whole fix (clutch and Tranny) was about $4000 ... ouch ... but it worked and I can hardly wait to go racing again next Saturday.

As a side note, I am looking forward to getting back to my home track ... Redline in Caddo Mills, TX. That track is always well prepped. Great crowd and cars.

Little River, on the other hand ... was a dump. Crappy track, gravel pits, rude competitors, I had to walk up to the top of the tower to get my time slip (if you don't go get it right away, they toss it in the trash). It was a rat hole ... stay away.

I feel bad for our brothers and sisters in Austin. There is no track there. They need to go all the way to San Antonio (Alamo Raceway) to run. Temple is not an option because it is a horrible track owned and operated by a bunch of knuckleheads.
Pfadt Engine Mounts and Diff Bushings
- 3.73 Gears - Line Lock - MGW Short Throw Shifter
ARH Headers with 3" catted X-Pipe - MagnaFlow 3" CatBack - RPM Level VI Transmission
Street Slayer Triple Clutch - NGK TR6 Spark Plugs - 160 degree thermostat - ADM Coil System
ADM Performance Custom Tune

toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:34 AM   #130
usnavydoc

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3, 2012 Ford Focus SE
I know this thread is old, but for what's it worth, I have a 2012 SS and it has the same problems everyone here has mentioned. The 1-2 grind sounded bad today and I thought I heard a metallic sound hitting the ground when the transmission grinded. Hope I didn't lose anything ...
usnavydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:30 AM   #131
11SynergyGr&Bl
JZ

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro
Mine has been doing this for some time. Took it to the dealer, they have no record of this being an issue with other cars, and they couldnt reproduce my complaint. Come on really??! My girlfriends even heard and saw it. The knotchyness off the shifter is starting to erk me too. Yet they say its fine. This can be a huge safety issue if i need to go from 4th to 2nd for some reason and it not go in.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #132
Waterboy2b98
Waterboy2B98

Drives: 11 2SS M6.
Funny!

I brought mine to the dealer, they reproduced it but still said not enough to repair it. Called the 1800 number for chevy and complained. I explained that I am driving a car that is not safe because I cannot accelerate in a emergency without gears grinding causing a huge distraction.They opened a case, I was feeling good. Called me back in a few days, idiot tells me I am shifting wrong and i need to apply the brake before I shift! I am like, "WHAT"? It was some kid from Chevy telling me the same thing as the dealer, not enough to fix, never heard of this problem. I can say this is my 6th camaro/firebird and will be my last. F*%k chevys customer service!
Waterboy2b98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #133
RichGreene
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Green 1993 Custom Eldo
The only times Ive scratched a gear it was my own fault, not the trannys.
RichGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:02 AM   #134
usnavydoc

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3, 2012 Ford Focus SE
I got Chevy involved, and they told me that the dealer should have a database that would let them know if my issue has a fix. They added there is no recall to our cars... I did notice though, as some have posted, that the problem has not happened after I let the car run for 5-10 minutes before driving it. This is the first manual car that I have owned which requires a warm up. If it isn't fixed it will be my last GM product I buy. Already starting to regret trading my Charger SRT8 for it.
usnavydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #135
leisure

Drives: camaro
funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denster View Post
I just called GM and discussed this problem. They took notes and gave me a case number. I asked her to search her database and see if she has any additional information about this situation. She searched and said there are no reported issues for this problem. I then had her call a dealership and speak to their service center. While she was on the phone, I explained this to the Service Center Manager at the dealership. He said he has never heard of this before. He said i'm welcome to bring it in if I want. As a side note, this is not the dealership where I bought it. That place has never heard of this problem either. The dealership that we called while the GM rep was on the phone was a larger chevy dealership. That's why we called them because the place where I bought mine was a smaller one. We thought we would have a better chance with a larger dealership.
GM also said there are no TSBs for this specific issue. She said there are others related to transmission issues of course, but nothing about the grinding from 1st to 2nd under heavy acceleration or high RPMs.
Now what? All I could recommend for everyone is to make sure you take your car to the dealership so at least there is a record of it. That way if something happens later down the road, you have proof that you had it there early on.
i heard the same thing the first 3 times i returned to my dealer. uhg. your car shouldn't do that. grind, huh? never heard of that. couldn't duplicate. no bulletins or other info from GM.

once duplicated..... GM won't fix. GM says there is no fix.

then, GM doesn't think it's a problem. GM has a bulletin about grinding. it's normal. its characteristic. oh yeah..... there's nothing wrong with your car. i drive alot of new cars here at the dealer, and they all grind into 2nd gear.

been told by the dealer and GM that they were going to do a "goodwill" fix. but, there is no problem.

so, i said, if it can't be fixed... buy it. they said, we aren't gonna fix if you want a buy-back.

been told, if the fix didn't work... it's proof the grinding is normal.

been told to take it to another dealership by the dealer who sold me the car. then, the dealer's GM representative issued a bulletin to tell all the dealers in the area not to accept my vehicle if the problem couldn't be immediately diagnosed or duplicated- knowing that the problem had been diagnosed or duplicated at the original dealer.

this is a disgrace to an American classic.
leisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #136
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
I got my fingers crossed on this one guys
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212552
Old 03-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #137
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
Took mine to the dealer and the Service Manager got in with me and I showed him after some aggressive driving, 2nd and 3rd. He said yep...leave it here. They replaced bearings and syncs. I replaced the fluid today with Royal Purple and it is like butter. 20,000 miles.

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #138
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTATIME View Post
The GT500 has the same transmission . . . with the same synchros, with the same blocker rings, with the same problems. Go check the Mustang forums.
\

+1.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:53 AM   #139
mrgm
cheap and fast

Drives: older
Glad i found this. 2011 rs/ss late 11 (i guess because it has the taped holes on the strut tower). Grinds- at higher rpms or when just cruising. Was thinking needed to get acclimated to new kinda trans. NOPE, just grinds. Hot, cold, warm, does not matter
mrgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #140
SSCamaroKyle

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
So I went into the dealer today and they said they were not able to duplicate what was happening to me with the grinding from 1st to 2nd. But after the test drive the technician said that it definatly did not feel right. So my dealership wound up ordering 1st and 2nd gear along with 1st and 2nd syncros and all new gaskets. So hopefully this fixes the problem.

Last edited by SSCamaroKyle; 05-31-2012 at 12:30 PM.
SSCamaroKyle is offline   Reply With Quote