Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #127
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss ZHO View Post
Interesting point. From reading the mustang forums, it seems that many are going 3.73 thinking it is fastest 1/4. People that have a 3.73 often say its too high, and for daily driving the 3.55 or 3.31 would be way better.

I will have to make a post asking if what you all are saying is true. I understand the extra shift logic, just never heard any indication to what you all are saying.
My statement stands for stock cars. Once you mod the car, especially with with drag radials or high horsepower additions, you want more gear since you will be deep into 5th gear by 1320 feet.
alrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:01 PM   #128
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Congrats on the new Mustang. I don't know how the Camaro felt sloppy in comparison to the Mustang.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #129
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
I don't know how the Camaro felt sloppy in comparison to the Mustang.
This is the same person who commented that the Mustang felt too big for him...he wishes it was smaller. Not a pony car but a colt car.

mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #130
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannaro View Post
Test drove them both! Sort of... I went to both dealerships to see which I liked best. The Ford dealership luckily had 3 in stock while the Chevy dealership had 4. The bad news is.. all the Camaros were automatics! WTF! If I'm going to get a new age muscle car it better be a stick! Anyways, enough of my rant about the automatics (they are nice in SUVs and daily drivers). Either way I decided I'd still drive it to get a feel of how the car drives.

Heres my impressions of both:

Camaro- Very bold, unlike my vision of what a true pony car should be like. Felt very smooth and handled the road nicely. Interior felt a bit cheap but I knew that going into it. I was surprised how well the turns felt, it had a lot of go when exiting a turn, I'm assuming the IRS helped it out in this segment. Acceleration felt quick, but I didn't get any type of throwback in my seat kind of thrust. I used to have a 2003 Cobra and it did a much better job of that! One thing which was nice is that it always hooked up, I barely got a chirp out of the tires and it was moving. For being fast thats good, but when trying to have some fun it could spoil things. Exhuast note was not my favorite... kind of sounds like a motorcycle. Overall I enjoyed the drive but the automatic killed my joy ride.

Mustang- Still feels a bit large and it would be nice if it was a tad smaller. Luckily they had a manual trans GT with 3.73 gears! First thought was how soft the clutch felt. It honestly felt like it wasn't even there! I was impressed since all the other cars I've ever had had really stiff clutches. This made for a very easy shifting experience. Once getting it out on the road I noticed that it hooked up really well too! I was very surprised since the stock tires were only 245s or 255s... cant remember for sure. It sounded a bit louder once driving compared to the camaro. I personally liked this, since both cars are very quiet anyways. The ride was noticeably stiffer, and I'm sure the SRA did not help the road feel. While noticing the road more, it also felt more responsive and tighter. Interior was alright, there was still a whole of plastic moldings which just felt cheap. The layout I think was much better though. I too noticed the cave like feel which many of the magazines reported. It wasn't claustrophobic feeling, but it was definitely harder to see out of.

And the winner is... drum roll . .. . .. . . . . . . .. .

The Mustang! I bet you guys are thrilled. lol

If you must know I just got done ordering my Stang online. In several weeks I will be the proud owner of a 2011 Kona Blue 5.0 base model, 3.73 gears, HID headlights, and of course the Brembo Brake option.

I do appreciate the responses though. The Camaro was a very nice car but I just felt the Mustang was more fun to drive. While the Camaro is heavier then the Mustang you can feel it when driving it. Not to mention the suspension felt a bit sloppy to the 5.0s stiffer ride.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.
And I am shocked... Not really since this entire thread was a joke from the start...

Enjoy the Stang... I hear there are some very nice Mustang forums awaiting your arrival...
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #131
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Nice..

If he chose the Camaro..this thread would be a great thing because it helped him..

however, he chose the Mustang..so now the thread is a joke?
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #132
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Nice..

If he chose the Camaro..this thread would be a great thing because it helped him..

however, he chose the Mustang..so now the thread is a joke?
And if he would have chose the Challenger you would have been like "ZOMGOOSES!!!!!!111eleventyone" right?
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:39 PM   #133
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTSquared View Post
And if he would have chose the Challenger you would have been like "ZOMGOOSES!!!!!!111eleventyone" right?

I would have just been like "Cool, they're awesome cars".

Mostly because I'm not retardedly blind with fanboy masturbation and loyalty.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #134
TommyTSquared

Quote:
I would have just been like "Cool, they're awesome cars".

Well you're not going to be invited to the next circle jerk then . lol
Old 08-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #135
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I'm no fanboy, I tried to convince him. The Mustang is a good car, but it really is more expensive if you option it out like a Camaro SS. But That's ok. Some people aren't good at math.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:59 PM   #136
BSX_Camaro
Unleash the Beast!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Test drove them both! Sort of... I went to both dealerships to see which I liked best. The Ford dealership luckily had 3 in stock while the Chevy dealership had 4. The bad news is.. all the Camaros were automatics! WTF! If I'm going to get a new age muscle car it better be a stick! Anyways, enough of my rant about the automatics (they are nice in SUVs and daily drivers). Either way I decided I'd still drive it to get a feel of how the car drives.

Camaro- Very bold, unlike my vision of what a true pony car should be like. Felt very smooth and handled the road nicely. Interior felt a bit cheap but I knew that going into it. I was surprised how well the turns felt, it had a lot of go when exiting a turn, I'm assuming the IRS helped it out in this segment. Acceleration felt quick, but I didn't get any type of throwback in my seat kind of thrust. I used to have a 2003 Cobra and it did a much better job of that! One thing which was nice is that it always hooked up, I barely got a chirp out of the tires and it was moving. For being fast thats good, but when trying to have some fun it could spoil things. Exhuast note was not my favorite... kind of sounds like a motorcycle. Overall I enjoyed the drive but the automatic killed my joy ride.

Mustang- Still feels a bit large and it would be nice if it was a tad smaller. Luckily they had a manual trans GT with 3.73 gears! First thought was how soft the clutch felt. It honestly felt like it wasn't even there! I was impressed since all the other cars I've ever had had really stiff clutches. This made for a very easy shifting experience. Once getting it out on the road I noticed that it hooked up really well too! I was very surprised since the stock tires were only 245s or 255s... cant remember for sure. It sounded a bit louder once driving compared to the camaro. I personally liked this, since both cars are very quiet anyways. The ride was noticeably stiffer, and I'm sure the SRA did not help the road feel. While noticing the road more, it also felt more responsive and tighter. Interior was alright, there was still a whole of plastic moldings which just felt cheap. The layout I think was much better though. I too noticed the cave like feel which many of the magazines reported. It wasn't claustrophobic feeling, but it was definitely harder to see out of.

If you must know I just got done ordering my Stang online. In several weeks I will be the proud owner of a 2011 Kona Blue 5.0 base model, 3.73 gears, HID headlights, and of course the Brembo Brake option.

I do appreciate the responses though. The Camaro was a very nice car but I just felt the Mustang was more fun to drive. While the Camaro is heavier then the Mustang you can feel it when driving it. Not to mention the suspension felt a bit sloppy to the 5.0s stiffer ride.

Wanna race?
BSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #137
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:

Grats to you and I am positive you will love the car. You couldn't have gone wrong with either.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #138
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
No, you mostly are just retardedly angry with anti-fanboy venom and vituperation. On a fansite, no less.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #139
chain1

Drives: 2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss ZHO View Post
The 3.73 should be the quickest 1/4. That doesn't make sense.

BTW, the manual has a 3.15.
The Manual comes with 3.55s with 3.73s an option. The 3.73s are not necessarily quicker in the 1/4 because an extra shift may be required.
chain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #140
TommyTSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
Untrue. The quickest stickshift GT will have 3.55 gears. With 3.73's you're forced to shift into 5th. With 3.55's youll hit the finish line right under redline in 4th.

3.55's are a 'rare' option and considering the car has been out only a few months there haven't been many made with this option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain1 View Post
The Manual comes with 3.55s with 3.73s an option. The 3.73s are not necessarily quicker in the 1/4 because an extra shift may be required.
No need to make another account to say the same thing man...