Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #127
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
IMHO according to the OP's question, I say yes. If it were planned strictly as a SS upgrade, then it should look more along the lines as an SS and carry the hardware upgrades underneath. What's the need to make it look as it does then? With dual mode exhaust, and ZL1 wheels I can agree with the past comments posted it's a more affordable attraction than the the sticker of the ZL1 <AKA baby ZL1 as it's been called>....ZL1 carry overs we can't justify on an SS "upgrade". Logically, without fanfare or red carpet I believe we should have it offered on a 2013 SS package without the heralding of a 1LE major release. Now, if the motor was upgraded along with the other bells and whistle's.....different story. That's my main contention, I perceive the fact to be we are going to be stuck with the LS family "as it is" going forward with no bold initiative to re-envigorate one or more of them. I say let the Corvette Club eat cake and break out the big dog LS's for our crew if GM isn't going to recertify the LS3 motor with some power mod's. GM has already done the homework on this, we can get GMPP stuff from the catalogue...it's time we get some more aggressive/less than pedestrian engine hardware for street use as well. Then we'd be talkin 1LE, or even Z.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #128
Kluch

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndCamaro79 View Post
I don't mind people doing whatever they want to their car. Its a free country, but it is nice when the HALO car has its own unique parts. I am in no way arguing that there will not be a performance difference in the 1LE and ZL1. When I order mine, I am spending the money for the looks and the performance. I would not be interested in a 1LS with a LSA, and mag shocks.

What is soo wrong with the 1LE having its own wheels, and center exhaust?
No one buys a car like this and doesn't care what other people think. Sure, the most important thing is what the owner thinks, but EVERY car guy wants other people to love, admire, and desire his car. Anyone that suggests otherwise is in denial. I'd love my car even if everyone else hated it, but there's no better feeling than all the staring and compliments at the gas station and traffic lights from "regular folks."

I totally understand hy a zl1 owner would be pissed about some lost exclusivity with the 1LE. When recaro seats and black diamond paint were offerred in regular CTS's, some V owners were pissed. And I think they were justified too.

Some V owners were pissed that a "lowly camaro" would be given our exclusive powerplant and have it upgraded with more horses and torque. Is this fair?

The fact is, we all want to be special. And when we spend more money to feel that way, it is human nature to be resentful when some of that feeling is taken away.
Kluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #129
Coolidge

Drives: Dodge 4x4 Hemi
Did the 1LE turn a 7:41 at the ring? Enough said.
Coolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #130
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowGTO View Post
Honestly I think all the Camaros look alike from the v6 to the Lz1
LZ1 huh .
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #131
2ndCamaro79

Drives: 2014 V-Sport/ 2015 Escalade
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
IMHO according to the OP's question, I say yes. If it were planned strictly as a SS upgrade, then it should look more along the lines as an SS and carry the hardware upgrades underneath. What's the need to make it look as it does then? With dual mode exhaust, and ZL1 wheels I can agree with the past comments posted it's a more affordable attraction than the the sticker of the ZL1 <AKA baby ZL1 as it's been called>....ZL1 carry overs we can't justify on an SS "upgrade". Logically, without fanfare or red carpet I believe we should have it offered on a 2013 SS package without the heralding of a 1LE major release. Now, if the motor was upgraded along with the other bells and whistle's.....different story. That's my main contention, I perceive the fact to be we are going to be stuck with the LS family "as it is" going forward with no bold initiative to re-envigorate one or more of them. I say let the Corvette Club eat cake and break out the big dog LS's for our crew if GM isn't going to recertify the LS3 motor with some power mod's. GM has already done the homework on this, we can get GMPP stuff from the catalogue...it's time we get some more aggressive/less than pedestrian engine hardware for street use as well. Then we'd be talkin 1LE, or even Z.
2ndCamaro79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #132
2ndCamaro79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
No one buys a car like this and doesn't care what other people think. Sure, the most important thing is what the owner thinks, but EVERY car guy wants other people to love, admire, and desire his car. Anyone that suggests otherwise is in denial. I'd love my car even if everyone else hated it, but there's no better feeling than all the staring and compliments at the gas station and traffic lights from "regular folks."

I totally understand hy a zl1 owner would be pissed about some lost exclusivity with the 1LE. When recaro seats and black diamond paint were offerred in regular CTS's, some V owners were pissed. And I think they were justified too.

Some V owners were pissed that a "lowly camaro" would be given our exclusive powerplant and have it upgraded with more horses and torque. Is this fair?

The fact is, we all want to be special. And when we spend more money to feel that way, it is human nature to be resentful when some of that feeling is taken away.

A man that speaks TRUTH
Old 03-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #133
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Everyone has to be the same in the world today.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #134
2ndCamaro79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
Well they are both Camaro's. . I hate to say it but most people won't know what a ZL1 is if you tell them that's what your car is. Do you know all other models of cars that other people like? Some percentage of car people will know what you have. The rest of society just won't care. Enjoy your car but don't take it personal if not everyone drools because they won't.
I get what your saying (sometimes even I have to double take on Vetts to see if its a GS, ZO6 or ZR1) most people will not know or care. The 1LE just seems more like a ZL1 pkg for the SS more than its own unique trim line. That being said I am going to keep the faith and maybe the 1LE will have more to offer when it finally rolls out?
Old 03-30-2012, 05:56 AM   #135
actireman

Drives: 2011 denali hd2500
Are we forgetting they answered the Boss and the Shelby. Isn't that what we wanted?
actireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #136
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
No matter what GM does to try and please the majority of it's customers, there will always be those that will bitch and moan about something.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #137
Mr.R

Drives: ZL1, Genesis, Grand Cherokee
Well, when I decided to buy a low series, $60k legend, I certainly did not expect that it would be duplicated (even partially), by the factory, at $20k less. That is bull**it.

That's the point... Good morning. Sorry for the rant.
Mr.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #138
Kluch

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
Well, when I decided to buy a low series, $60k legend, I certainly did not expect that it would be duplicated (even partially), by the factory, at $20k less. That is bull**it.

That's the point... Good morning. Sorry for the rant.
I totally understand this sentiment. 2012 owners should also be upset that the 7 inch touch screen with nav will be an option on the 2013's coming out in just a few months.
Kluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #139
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by actireman View Post
Are we forgetting they answered the Boss and the Shelby. Isn't that what we wanted?
And that's my point about the name SUCKING.

Mustang has the BOSS and the SHELBY.

The ZL1 will become iconic like the Z28 did but the 1LE just sounds stupid.

GT500 vs ZL1 is a battle.

Boss vs 1LE is just stupid in the name.

Just my opinion. Sure, they might battle on the track but in the name alone the Boss wins before it even get's started, especially since it's mainly bench racing that sells cars.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #140
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Are they actually calling it a 1LE or is it still called a SS with the 1LE option. When first introduced the 1LE was an option for the Z28.