Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #127
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcut View Post
Someone asked this, here is how the parking spot is laid out. So on my passenger side there is nothing, and right there at the cement post is where it happens.
WOW - Someone really has some balls to key your car in a well lit parking lot! I would check into installing a small surveillance camera in the car. Good luck catching the SOB!!!
Trickskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #128
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickskier View Post
WOW - Someone really has some balls to key your car in a well lit parking lot! I would check into installing a small surveillance camera in the car. Good luck catching the SOB!!!
That's what he has been doing already...and still hasn't caught the person(s) doing this.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #129
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
By the way, my security manager uses hunting camera's to monitor activity on our wellpads (out in the wilderness no powersource available) and they go for months on single battery sets. They only activate when someone crosses it's IR sensor. Works both day and night. Some of them even record video.

That might be cheaper then your other options. And given all that piping by the car, you should be able to conceal it/attach it to them and maybe one directly across from it (like where you took that photo) to get some pictures. they save the images as JPGs so you can cycle through quickly. I'll ask him what file format the videos get saved in.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #130
Wildcut

Drives: Camaro ZL1 2013
Yeah like I said order some.
Just waiting for them to arrive. They have a 10 second delay. Figure one set to pics and one set to video clip. Can be 10s, 30s, 60s, or 90s. Figure 60 second clip should catch the actions. Pics can be done as bursts, no a burst shot of 10 would be okay.
http://www.moultriefeeders.com/produ...x?id=mcg-12590
Wildcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #131
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
As a avid bowhunter, I use Trail Cameras extensively to pattern deer movements. The Bushnell Bone Collector camera is about 4"X6" and is what I use( I have several-I wish you were close and I would fix you up). These cameras have fantastic battery life, and can be set to take a picture every second while the 'hot' moving target is in front of the camera. You need to mount the cameras up in those pipes above your car and aim them at the area where the damage occurs. Make sure that you are aiming at their face-not their back. I wish you the best of luck catching the dirt-bag.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #132
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcut View Post
Yeah like I said order some.
Just waiting for them to arrive. They have a 10 second delay. Figure one set to pics and one set to video clip. Can be 10s, 30s, 60s, or 90s. Figure 60 second clip should catch the actions. Pics can be done as bursts, no a burst shot of 10 would be okay.
http://www.moultriefeeders.com/produ...x?id=mcg-12590
Again - Good Luck catching the SOB!!!
Trickskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #133
jared355

Drives: 2013 Zl1 663 RWHP
It's hard for me to read this it pisses me off so much. I hope you post a picture of this guy when you catch him. Then prosecute the hell out of him and make him pay every penny to fix your car..... Ugh that is so much bulls$?&
jared355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #134
Wildcut

Drives: Camaro ZL1 2013
Yeah once caught I will. Not sure what the posting policy is on that. The game cameras look like they will hit the spot. Will check out the Bushnell one too. At this point excessive is a unknown word to me.
Wildcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #135
jared355

Drives: 2013 Zl1 663 RWHP
Make sure you plan out where to put these things if he even spots it and thinks it took a picture he will probably break your window to get to it or steal it. Then you will never catch him.. I'm sure he would stop after that
jared355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #136
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
wow, i dont even own a ZL1, way out of my price range, but sure feel sorry for you. i have a 2 LT, and would be just sick if someone did that to my car. good luck to you OP and get all the cameras, and what you need. hope you get it fixed ok. that is way too expensive a car to have it jacked up. good luck
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #137
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Dude I just went through your entire thread and all I can say is unbelievable! I hope you catch that SOB and keep filing police reports, it will show criminal history and up the charges. If I lived closer to you I would help you stake out the garage and catch the A Hole!
Old 12-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #138
BDBiker

Don't put the camera in the car if you are using a 'motion activated' camera, it will not work that way since it detects heat. I would put the cameras up in the pipes(they have a 45 foot trigger range) and aim them toward the car so that they expose the face of the low life.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #139
BDBiker

http://www.bushnell.com/getmedia/cc4...t=640&ext=.png

Here is a link to the Bushnell I use.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #140
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
This would be a major Pain in the A$$ and it doesn't take much to set some people off. Also agree that it is most likely some jealous jerk who's wife is making him drive a Preius when he'd rather have a car like yours. I just about ended up in a fist fight the other day at the coffee shop because some idiot though it was his duty to lecture me on why I can't take two parking spots with my car.

Hope you find this jerk but sadly our justice system in this country is pretty lax on these types of crimes so I'm more of the get your pound of flesh mind set.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote