Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-27-2016, 11:10 AM   #127
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
chime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
There seems to be a problem with the packing of this system from the factory in leaving the chime module out. I called them and they sent me one.
so if we install the chime module will that give you tone for sensors,door chimes, etc? thanks
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:45 AM   #128
ZeuSS2011

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS / Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 View Post
I'm considering buying this unit. I've got the Pioneer AVIC8000-NEX and a Metra kit.

How was the wiring going from an existing install to this new faceplate. I imagine that converting the wiring could be confusing as hell. It took my hours to wire up the Metra kit. The idea of going from that wiring to this new unit makes me queasy.
Nothing to it if you're using the Metra kit now. All you'll need to do is swap out the faceplate from the Metra kit with the faceplate from the new kit. The only harness you'll need from the new kit will be the HVAC harness.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
ZeuSS2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:50 AM   #129
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Damn, sorry I missed that.... is that 17.5" x 10" it looks like?
Nope. He took the measurements in centimeters.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:57 AM   #130
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Nope. He took the measurements in centimeters.
ahh thanks. I knew 17.5" sounded way too large.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:39 PM   #131
bigwayne3000

Anyone available to take measurements of the overall width/height. What I need to know is how much material is around that screen opening that I might be able to remove so if I could get the outside measurements of around that opening I would appreciate it. I didn't see it anywhere.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:48 PM   #132
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I'm not Shure what you are intending to do here. The kit will fit a 7" screen and the 1/4" surround or so that is outside of the screen. There may be some material that could be removed but not much. It would look like crap if you did.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:53 PM   #133
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 View Post
I'm considering buying this unit. I've got the Pioneer AVIC8000-NEX and a Metra kit.

How was the wiring going from an existing install to this new faceplate. I imagine that converting the wiring could be confusing as hell. It took my hours to wire up the Metra kit. The idea of going from that wiring to this new unit makes me queasy.
I'm not sure what the challenge would be going from a different kit, but the PAC kit just requires plugging in the connectors and soldering the wires to the head unit. Easy peasy. You can do it.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:27 AM   #134
bigwayne3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
I'm not Shure what you are intending to do here. The kit will fit a 7" screen and the 1/4" surround or so that is outside of the screen. There may be some material that could be removed but not much. It would look like crap if you did.
Hoping to do something similar to this:

I'm assuming this PAC kit is roughly the same width as the Scosche kit which as you can see is easily modified to take an iPad mini. I'm looking to but this PAC kit, buy a Sony single din app radio which has an iPad app to control your am/fm radio etc. which can be connected via usb, then this guy SoundMan CA makes iPad dash kits which should fit in front of the single din radio. The PAC kit would w/ radio would help me retain all my factory settings.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:57 AM   #135
Arksine

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Hoping to do something similar to this:

I'm assuming this PAC kit is roughly the same width as the Scosche kit which as you can see is easily modified to take an iPad mini. I'm looking to but this PAC kit, buy a Sony single din app radio which has an iPad app to control your am/fm radio etc. which can be connected via usb, then this guy SoundMan CA makes iPad dash kits which should fit in front of the single din radio. The PAC kit would w/ radio would help me retain all my factory settings.
That SoundMan CA kit wouldn't fit. Its roughly 165mm high, if you look at the measurements on page 3 the absolute most you would have to work with is probably 120mm. I suspect the PAC kit could be modified to take an iPad mini, but it would require a custom fabrication and it would probably have to stick out in front and above the kit.
Arksine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:09 PM   #136
bigwayne3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arksine View Post
That SoundMan CA kit wouldn't fit. Its roughly 165mm high, if you look at the measurements on page 3 the absolute most you would have to work with is probably 120mm. I suspect the PAC kit could be modified to take an iPad mini, but it would require a custom fabrication and it would probably have to stick out in front and above the kit.
SoundMans kit obviously works in the Scosche kits as evidence by that video I linked along with SoundMans videos showing him using his own kits w/ Scosche. I didn't say it'd fit in the opening, I am fully aware I'd have to elongate it which means getting rid of my gauges underneath the radio which I didn't want anyway. I'm just not good with fabrication so I'd need to find someone local who could chop up this PAC unit, put in the iPad kit, and put it back together and make it look seamless. That is the difficult part.....
Old 09-28-2016, 12:15 PM   #137
bigwayne3000

This is more or less what I need done...

need to have the bottom curve part cut out and moved down that way it makes the opening I have bigger. I'd have to double check but I'm pretty sure the width is fine, it's just the height that is the issue which can be fixed by what this guy does.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:33 PM   #138
opossum

Drives: 2013
Hazard Lights have no function

Hallo,

i have changed the dash kit. All works fine exept the hazard lights. I have not connected the wiring to the BCM. If i connect this wiring, the the button for Switch on/of hazard lights has the normal function?
I have had as OEM dash the MyLink-Radio, my Camaro is 2013 one.
Thanks for your answers.

I will take a few Pictures, when i have all connected.

Best regards from Rostock/Germany
Egbert Gertz
Chevrolet Camaro - V8 - MT - 2013 - European Version - Inferno Orange/ Inferno orange - ACC Sidemarker ghosted - Dash Kit PAC RPK5-GM4101 with DNX8170DABS - Amp KAC-8406 - Sub Pioneer TS-WX110A - Rear- and Front-Camera - ACC Mail Slot Scanner RGB - Pedders Sportsryder - painted parts in engine compartment - black powder coated original rims - H & R wheel plates 20mm front and rear axle - 1 LE steering wheel - MGW Short shifter replacement - aluminum door Pins - ACS T4 Splitter - us-mirrors - ZL1 side rockers - High Wing Spoiler
opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #139
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
The instructions don't seem to make it clear, but the wiring going to the BCM is so the door lock/unlock will function. The hazard button should just work without any additional wiring. Some people have reported that you really have to push it pretty hard to get it to work.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:39 PM   #140
opossum

Drives: 2013
Hallo Low Saturn,

thanks for answer. Now i have pushed the button and the hazard lights are working. Is not the best construction, but it works now.
All functions are working, backup camara, front camera, navigation, steering wheel, radio (FM), DAB+, USB.
I have not connected the wires for the speakers. They are connected from the preamp output of DNX7150DAB+ direct to the kenwood amp. Sub connected from preamp sub output direct to the sub.
Now i'm waiting for the cmx chime module. The wires to the BCM i have not connected, my door lock/unlock i can switch from the doors.
Chevrolet Camaro - V8 - MT - 2013 - European Version - Inferno Orange/ Inferno orange - ACC Sidemarker ghosted - Dash Kit PAC RPK5-GM4101 with DNX8170DABS - Amp KAC-8406 - Sub Pioneer TS-WX110A - Rear- and Front-Camera - ACC Mail Slot Scanner RGB - Pedders Sportsryder - painted parts in engine compartment - black powder coated original rims - H & R wheel plates 20mm front and rear axle - 1 LE steering wheel - MGW Short shifter replacement - aluminum door Pins - ACS T4 Splitter - us-mirrors - ZL1 side rockers - High Wing Spoiler

Last edited by opossum; 09-30-2016 at 03:48 AM.
opossum is offline   Reply With Quote