Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #1429
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Nathan:
Your work on that transmission is awesome. They say you can't polish a turd, but you've come real close!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #1430
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
I think this is one of the BADDEST camaros in the country...or will be soon!

Thnaks Pyro but I don't know about that, to making killer car on hear! Perhaps the cleanest, LOL.

Do you have any write-ups on fuel hoses and fittings? I'll make one tomorrow if you don't have one already!

There is some where on this thread but go ahead and post yor DIY. Indy posted his DIY on his coil relo and I got some ideas on how I could have done mines better. It will definitely help the other members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
Nathan:
Your work on that transmission is awesome. They say you can't polish a turd, but you've come real close!
5th your analogy of a piece of "turd" couldn't been more accurate! By the time I'm done, some of the hiccups and contours will been reshaped.

Got a some pieces from the anodizer. The hinges look really nice now. Hard to tell from th poor quality pics I took from the I-phone but they have a brushed look.

I couldn't make up my mind on black or brushed so I got one of each.

Name:  004 (2).jpg
Views: 1683
Size:  149.0 KB

I replace the brass bolts Innovators West puts with ARP.

Name:  001 (2).jpg
Views: 1548
Size:  152.7 KB

I think the brush looks killer also.

Name:  007.jpg
Views: 1491
Size:  165.4 KB

Also got my oil pump from Summit.

Name:  007 (2).jpg
Views: 1586
Size:  111.2 KB
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #1431
Bluffen

Drives: 2013 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
5th your analogy of a piece of "turd" couldn't been more accurate! By the time I'm done, some of the hiccups and contours will been reshaped.

Got a some pieces from the anodizer. The hinges look really nice now. Hard to tell from th poor quality pics I took from the I-phone but they have a brushed look.

I couldn't make up my mind on black or brushed so I got one of each.

Attachment 419339

I replace the brass bolts Innovators West puts with ARP.

Attachment 419340

I think the brush looks killer also.

Attachment 419341

Also got my oil pump from Summit.

Attachment 419342

Brushed Nathan....
Old 09-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #1432
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Help me out guys! I'm looking to reroute my front fuel lines to the Tee Adapter, but have been looking at it forever and can't figure out a way to clean up the lines!

Here's what it currently looks like:

Any ideas on what I can do? Also, if there's any other way to do the rear fuel lines to, please let me know lol. I'm hoping to get this done in the next day or so.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #1433
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

I took a look at DE's car to get an idea of fuel rails, but it seems that they hid it under the TB. Changing my lines to black should make the fuel hoses less noticeable than they are now....i hoping!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
Old 09-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #1434
Synner

Drives: cars
Why not place a 45 degree AN fitting on the end of the fuel rail and shorten that front hose to connect straight to it?

On the rear maybe run a single line back there and then use a fuel block to split it? Can't tell what you have on the left.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #1435
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

On the left (red and black with dial gauge) is a regulator. Would it make a difference if I combined the lines or not? This is the return line going back to the tank if I'm not mistaken.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #1436
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
Help me out guys! I'm looking to reroute my front fuel lines to the Tee Adapter, but have been looking at it forever and can't figure out a way to clean up the lines!

Here's what it currently looks like:

Any ideas on what I can do? Also, if there's any other way to do the rear fuel lines to, please let me know lol. I'm hoping to get this done in the next day or so.

Pyro, lf I were you, I start all over again with the routing of your fuel lines.

1. Loses the whole fuel line assembly on attaching to the front of the fuel rails, Period! You don't need lines on the front bridging over to connect both rails. Look at Andy "ADM" TT. He used the stock rails which only have one bridge connecting both rails. Put a couple of AN end caps to close them off.

As far as the fuel filter, if you want to run it, you could put it somewhere else.

This will clean that whole front section up!.

2. For the rear, Just us a T fitting on the passenger side and a 90 degree on the drivers side.

3. Than run the other end of the T to your regular.

4. lastly, run a line from your regulator to your factory hard line.

If you want to run the filter, you can put it in between the regulator and the factory hard line.

Take a look at the OP for a list off all the parts I used. Hope that helps.

I will answer your PM later, going into a class.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #1437
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Pyro, lf I were you, I start all over again with the routing of your fuel lines.

1. Loses the whole fuel line assembly on attaching to the front of the fuel rails, Period! You don't need lines on the front bridging over to connect both rails. Look at Andy "ADM" TT. He used the stock rails which only have one bridge connecting both rails. Put a couple of AN end caps to close them off.

As far as the fuel filter, if you want to run it, you could put it somewhere else.

This will clean that whole front section up!.

2. For the rear, Just us a T fitting on the passenger side and a 90 degree on the drivers side.

3. Than run the other end of the T to your regular.

4. lastly, run a line from your regulator to your factory hard line.

If you want to run the filter, you can put it in between the regulator and the factory hard line.

Take a look at the OP for a list off all the parts I used. Hope that helps.

I will answer your PM later, going into a class.
I'm hesitant to touch the fuel system. I'm not that knowledgable so if I do decide to do that, I'll just make that a later project. I will run a t for the back lines though. This is the way the shop set it up, and I just assumed it was because the car has a return fuel system.

Darth Emma, is running the same fuel setup as I am, and she has fuel lines on both sides:

It just looks like the t adapter and regulator (behind the ABS module?) were hid for a cleaner look

Old 09-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #1438
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
If it were me, I would do pretty much what nathan stated about T-ing the the rears and capping the front. Not sure what fuel pump ass. you are running, but if you want/need to keep the filter in line, just put it in before the T or between the regulator and hard line. There are reasons for looping the fuel system that way and not dead heading the rails, but at these HP levels with fuel lines and rails that size there wouldn't be any issues. Just my .02 Still looks good under there!
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #1439
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Anyone know where I can find wire gauge sizes for the injector harness, but haven't found any info, except it possibly might be 14 gauge?

Old 09-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #1440
Synner

Drives: cars
Casper electronics or strip one and look. And def don't combine the supply and return, reroute them out of sight. If you get it real close to the back of the engine, tranny, or headers then use some heat insulation
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #1441
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Casper electronics or strip one and look. And def don't combine the supply and return, reroute them out of sight. If you get it real close to the back of the engine, tranny, or headers then use some heat insulation
I'm thinking of rerouting the harness to right inbetween the intake plenums and the valley cover. Do you recommend I use heat insulation?

For the time being, I'm trying to get rid of the wires that sit right inbetween the heads and the valve covers.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #1442
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
They are def. not 14 gage, they are smaller than that.

And Synner, I wasn't saying combine the supply and return, but send the supply from tank to the regulator, return from the regulator to tank, and outlet of regulator to a T at back of passenger rail to driver rail. Cap the fronts of the rails. This will make for the least amount of hose and least routing issues.

As for the setup in the picture, I am a little confused because it appears the filter is installed in between the fuel rails. Maybe I am seeing things incorrectly, but it looks like the feed is coming around from the passenger side to the driver's rail, out the front, under the TB to the filter, in the front of the passenger rail, then out the rear of the pass rail to the regulator, and (assuming) returning to tank. If correct, why is the filter between the rails only filtering one bank of injectors?
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote