Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 04-11-2012, 12:44 AM   #1443
Shayne70

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Chevy Camaro
Hey any black camaro owners out there with a trunk WITHOUT a spoiler. I'm looking to trade my trunk WITH a lip spoiler for one without. I want to get another spoiler and it is cheaper to trade trunks rather than patch the holes of the spoiler that would need to be removed. My trunk has the SS badges so ill trade for another SS first. My trunk is in great condition just a few swirls that could be easily buffed off. PM if anyone is interested its a free spoiler pretty much for you.

here is a pic of my trunk
Attached Images

Shayne70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #1444
spacecowby

Drives: 2010 black 2SS/RS
Any Chevy dealers in there area worth a damn? I took my Tahoe to the one in Waipahu because the door wouldn't open. It is a 2010 with less than 30,000 miles on it so I figured it would be covered under warranty. They just told me it's not covered under warranty because my windows are tinted. WTF? Called Chevy about it and talked to a guy about it. He tried to call the dealership but couldn't get a hold of them. If they won't fix my wife's Tahoe I know not even to think about taking my camaro there

Black cars are not hobbies, they are an obsession
spacecowby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #1445
808Camaro

Drives: 1969 SS Coupe 2011 2SS Convertible
Anyone interested in my VIS Carbon Fiber Hood??? Let me know...

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/pts/2955106268.html

Brand New - VIS Racing AMS Carbon Fiber Hood for 2010 20111 2012 2013 5th Gen Camaro

New AMS Hood fits all 5th Gen Camaros
Price: $1100.00/OBO

AMS Carbon Fiber Hood
Weight: 27 lbs
VIS Carbon Fiber Hoods are made from the finest carbon fiber available. Each hood is protected with a UV coating which allows the hood to hold its high gloss finish. All VIS hoods are Grade A and above.
808Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #1446
Shayne70

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecowby View Post
Any Chevy dealers in there area worth a damn? I took my Tahoe to the one in Waipahu because the door wouldn't open. It is a 2010 with less than 30,000 miles on it so I figured it would be covered under warranty. They just told me it's not covered under warranty because my windows are tinted. WTF? Called Chevy about it and talked to a guy about it. He tried to call the dealership but couldn't get a hold of them. If they won't fix my wife's Tahoe I know not even to think about taking my camaro there
The waipahu one sucks bad I recommend the Chevy dealer in town its much better. Call them up they should be able to help you out. Took my car to the one in Waipahu they said they could not help me for 1 month, called up the one in town, they got my car fixed the next day.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #1447
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
Talk to Chris down out Cutter Chevy, he will help you out. And yes, that is garbage.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #1448
Shayne70

Hey if any of you guys know of another person with a black camaro without a rear spoiler let me know please. Let them know it would be a spoiler free to them at no cost.
Thanks
Old 04-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #1449
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
I've been doing some research on here for was/polish brands. I love my Meguiar's but I'm about to place an order for Blackfire products.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #1450
partymn

OK, so I just ordered a turbo kit from HPS in Georgia. I am now in need of a company to do ceramic coating on the headers and what not. Also going to need a tuner after the install. Any suggestions for getting this done on island? Heading to Sonic motorsports on Saturday to get base line HP numbers on my car, should be interesting.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #1451
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
I've been doing some research on here for was/polish brands. I love my Meguiar's but I'm about to place an order for Blackfire products.
Are you ordering from the mainland or picking it up locally?
I know a place that sells it locally, and they have some other great products as well.
OVRKLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #1452
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
OK, so I just ordered a turbo kit from HPS in Georgia. I am now in need of a company to do ceramic coating on the headers and what not. Also going to need a tuner after the install. Any suggestions for getting this done on island? Heading to Sonic motorsports on Saturday to get base line HP numbers on my car, should be interesting.
HITECH Coating in Cambell Industrial Park does powder and ceramic coating. Reasonable prices. Had my license bracket powder coated there.

Only local shop I know does camaros and tunes is BSM performance(Bodie) in Kalihi. Nakas installs, but relies on outside tuning(mainland) for GM. Bought my parts from mainland and came with remote dyno tuning. Needed to coordinate with Bodie.

Check out Taz's current setup at a cruise night. Bodie did his whole maggie setup with dual pumps.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #1453
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
OVRKLL, by all means please tell me where I can get Blackfire products locally. I was going to order online but not if I can get here. Either tell me on here or shoot me a pm.

Craig
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:07 AM   #1454
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
OVRKLL, by all means please tell me where I can get Blackfire products locally. I was going to order online but not if I can get here. Either tell me on here or shoot me a pm.

Craig
No problem...check out Pak Shak on Sand Island Rd. 2224 Alahao Pl. Unit 201. Ph. 783-6006.
It's the first right when you turn onto Sand Island Rd. and the second driveway on the right, it is a small whse on the right 2nd or 3rd roll up door...yes you're right, it's all rights...LOL!
Ask for Ron, he can help you with what you need.
Pak Shak also has a local forum you can check out.
Pak Shak

If anyone wants some good wheel cleaner to remove stubborn brake dust, pick up a bottle of Iron X...this is Great Stuff! I just did a small write up on the forum for some wheels I did...check out the link above.

I just found out about this place myself, but they have been there for a couple of years now. They carry a lot of premium polishes, waxes, sealants, coatings etc. etc. etc.
If you don't like to wax your car, ask Ron about Opti-Coat 2.0...just keep in mind this is a permanent sealer and will last for years. It's like adding another clear coat on your paint.
When...and that's a big WHEN, I get a ZL1, I'll be applying this Opti-Coat 2.0.

When you see Ron, tell him Woody sent ya! You may or may not get a discount...hopefully he doesn't charge you more...LOL!!

@ partymn - I can also vouch for HI-TECH Coating, I had some headers ceramic coated on a BMW years ago, and the guy did an excellent job.
OVRKLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #1455
partymn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
HITECH Coating in Cambell Industrial Park does powder and ceramic coating. Reasonable prices. Had my license bracket powder coated there.

Only local shop I know does camaros and tunes is BSM performance(Bodie) in Kalihi. Nakas installs, but relies on outside tuning(mainland) for GM. Bought my parts from mainland and came with remote dyno tuning. Needed to coordinate with Bodie.

Check out Taz's current setup at a cruise night. Bodie did his whole maggie setup with dual pumps.
Thanks for the info, I will give Bodie a call when I receive the set up and see what he can do for me. Unfortunately this kit is still in the production phase, so to speak, so there will not be a canned tune for a while. Truth be told, I would rather have it dyno tuned anyway to avoid any issues with other mods.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:22 AM   #1456
Shayne70

Hey guys if the weather holds up 808camaros and five-O muscle are gonna be attending the Windward mall car show. The camaro's will meet up in pearl City Walmart and head down as a group. Its a good time to hang out if you wanna come. Let me know if you got any questions.