Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 02-24-2014, 07:23 PM   #1457
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Decals in stock:

LARGE:

5 silver
3 white
1 dark blue

SMALL:

2 Silver
17 White
3 Dark Blue
4 Yellow
1 Red
2 Pumpkin Orange.........definitely not IOM

I have 2 small chrome decals (DKSynergy) requested and either a small gray/ black one for ScottyB911...1 large and 2 small RJT for Sketch......1 small matte black for 1le_ws6

Anyone else???????????

Last edited by SILVERHAWK; 03-14-2014 at 10:07 AM.
SILVERHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:00 AM   #1458
SILVERHAWK

I posted a car show on the main page if anyone is interested........

Its Saturday May 10th at the Walmart in Camden. 2nd annual Children's Miracle Network.....
that is the weekend before summer cruisin' in OC.
Call 302-698-9170 for questions and registration.....no fee posted on this flyer.

looks like it will have a mix of all types of cars, trucks, suvs, and mc
Old 02-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #1459
Shift_Rejected
2010 2SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS (L99)
Anyone have a set of SS Mufflers they trying to sell...

(Stock or Aftermarket)

Turns out Kooks Longtubes & Strait Pipes are not the best combo for a D.D.
Performance Mods: K&N Cold Air Intake | Pypes Cat-Back Exhaust | Aluminum Paddle Shifters | VaraRam Wedge | Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPC Pads | M.M. Ported Throttle Body | Kooks 1 7/8 Headers w/ High Flow Cats | Dyno Tune @ RPM
Cosmetic Mods: Rally Stripes (style1, style2, style2.2) | Splitter | Painted Calipers | Door Projector Lights | Front-Emblem Delete | Cup Holder Lighting | Quarter Window Covers | Phantom Grille | Ghosted Side Markers | Tinted Fog Lights | ZL1 Rockers | Tail Light Bezels
Shift_Rejected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:52 AM   #1460
Dres79

Drives: 2013 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_Rejected View Post

(Stock or Aftermarket)

i have the stock ones i had to cutoff for the loud mouth. PM me
Dres79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:39 AM   #1461
Trailbreaker77

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition
Quote:

(Stock or Aftermarket)

You can have my mufflers if you want them, I cut my pipes years ago to install some axle back exhaust.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #1462
SILVERHAWK

Quote:

(Stock or Aftermarket)

MMMMM........ I am looking into getting LT headers.....already have the muffler delete......did you get rid of your resonator too and install x pipe?......can't see that the addition of LT's would make that much of a difference....I know it will change the tone a bit/hopefully, but I didn't think it would make it that much louder.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:06 AM   #1463
Shift_Rejected
2010 2SS RS

I had the pypes system (came with the car) which is basically a muffler delete and crappy set of resonators..

The cars sounds ok (little bit of rasp) but it is almost unbarely load and the drone will make your ears bleed on the highway..

To sum it up, long tubes made a pretty big difference in the loudness... I'm trying to make it out to one of these meets so hopefully you can hear it for yourself if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
MMMMM........ I am looking into getting LT headers.....already have the muffler delete......did you get rid of your resonator too and install x pipe?......can't see that the addition of LT's would make that much of a difference....I know it will change the tone a bit/hopefully, but I didn't think it would make it that much louder.
Performance Mods: K&N Cold Air Intake | Pypes Cat-Back Exhaust | Aluminum Paddle Shifters | VaraRam Wedge | Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPC Pads | M.M. Ported Throttle Body | Kooks 1 7/8 Headers w/ High Flow Cats | Dyno Tune @ RPM
Cosmetic Mods: Rally Stripes (style1, style2, style2.2) | Splitter | Painted Calipers | Door Projector Lights | Front-Emblem Delete | Cup Holder Lighting | Quarter Window Covers | Phantom Grille | Ghosted Side Markers | Tinted Fog Lights | ZL1 Rockers | Tail Light Bezels
Old 02-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #1464
bct10985

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3, 2013 duramax
Ive got 2" primary long tubes, no cats and pypes muffler delete and surprisingly it isnt bad inside the car
Old 03-01-2014, 05:10 AM   #1465
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
I had the pypes system (came with the car) which is basically a muffler delete and crappy set of resonators..

The cars sounds ok (little bit of rasp) but it is almost unbarely load and the drone will make your ears bleed on the highway..

To sum it up, long tubes made a pretty big difference in the loudness... I'm trying to make it out to one of these meets so hopefully you can hear it for yourself if you want.

Yeah......that would be interesting to hear in person..... I guess my options are pretty limited now as far as Tri-Y's with Pfadt racing going out of business a few days ago..... I think Thorley is the only other company with that kind of design and there's some confusion as to whether or not you can get them with hi flow cats. There website says you can, but there's no option or pricing to add the cats. I checked on MD speed's website and they carry Thorley, but don't list cats as an option. I sent them a PM, but they haven't responded yet.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #1466
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
I'm ready for one of these meets! Getting my wheels fixed right now! Would anyone say I'm crazy for driving 2 and half hours to Fairfax Virginia just to get my wheels fixed? Lol

Colin Gordon
Old 03-01-2014, 11:02 AM   #1467
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
I'm ready for one of these meets! Getting my wheels fixed right now! Would anyone say I'm crazy for driving 2 and half hours to Fairfax Virginia just to get my wheels fixed? Lol

Colin Gordon

I guess it depends how much they charged you to fix them? I could have given you 2 numbers of companies I looked into when I damaged my rear wheel. I ended up fixing it myself, but there's a mobile guy who Firestone uses and then a really good company over in MD that does wheels.......a little pricey, but supposedly really good. For a polished wheel it was like $300- $330 and thats with welding aluminum back into the wheel to fill the gouges, sand, re-polish, and re-clear the whole wheel.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #1468
bct10985

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3, 2013 duramax
http://www.wheelsonsite.com/ is who comes to our dealerahip. Does a real good job.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #1469
Shift_Rejected
2010 2SS RS

I don't think Dougs come with cats.. But, you can by some universal high flow cats and have them welded in (I think).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
Yeah......that would be interesting to hear in person..... I guess my options are pretty limited now as far as Tri-Y's with Pfadt racing going out of business a few days ago..... I think Thorley is the only other company with that kind of design and there's some confusion as to whether or not you can get them with hi flow cats. There website says you can, but there's no option or pricing to add the cats. I checked on MD speed's website and they carry Thorley, but don't list cats as an option. I sent them a PM, but they haven't responded yet.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:35 AM   #1470
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
I don't think Dougs come with cats.. But, you can by some universal high flow cats and have them welded in (I think).

Yeah, who knows? the one model description on their site specifically says it does have cats or go without......you are right I could go with off brand hi flows.....just didn't want to have to go cutting and welding if they don't fit exact.....3 things about Thorleys I like...first the tri-y, second they are coated, third the collector is 2 1/2 in so the cats should fit perfect onto the stock pipes.

maybe my dumbass should just call them and confirm. I am pretty confused as to why MD speed wouldn't answer me back though? you would think if there was a possible sale involved you would get back to me?? I would like to get them from someone more local in case there's an issue.